LENTEN SPIRITUAL PARTICIPATION & OUTREACH
• Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick: will be celebrated after all Masses this weekend. This Sacrament is for anyone of any age who is experiencing spiritual, emotional, or physical duress, such as chronic illness, terminal illness, or upcoming surgery. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here.
• Sacrament of Reconciliation: will be celebrated after all Masses the weekend of March 17-18. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here. Anyone wishing a private confession should call Fr. Tom.
• Stations of the Cross: will be prayed every Friday during Lent at 12 noon in Holy Name Church.
• Reachout To Our Shut-Ins: Around the churches are lists of all of our shut-ins. Write them a card or note during Lent/Easter. Help make them feel connected to our parish and to know that they are not forgotten.
• Feed The Hungry: We are asking for food gift cards so those who receive them can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. For monetary donations, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.”
• Cans Of Coins: Start saving your coins to be offered at our Holy Thursday Mass. This is a wonderful part of our Holy Week celebration and a meaningful way for the children to participate in the Lenten Journey.
REMEMBER IN PRAYERS OF SUPPORT those making their faith journey through RCIA. Please remember and support in daily prayer Alisha Reed, Emma McGurk-Sowa, Erika Pollak, Terri Pollak, and Dana Pollak.
THE RITE OF ELECTION will be celebrated today at St. Paul Cathedral at 2:30pm. Our four catechumens along with catechumens and candidates throughout the Diocese will be enrolled in the Book of the Elect. We will celebrate this very special day with them as a parish community with the Rite of Sending at the 11:30am Mass, and present them with a Bible as a gift from our Parish Family. We celebrate you, pray for you, and love you always!!!!
REST IN PEACE Please remember Robert Bell, Irene Pollak, and Richard Falchetti, all of whom have died and risen to new life in the Lord.
UPCOMING PARISH ACTIVITIES
SUNDAY FEB. 25 CCD – ALL GRADES 9:30 -11:15 AM
FRIDAY MAR. 2 STATIONS OF THE CROSS HN Church – 12 PM
SATURDAY MAR. 3 CONFIRMATION RETREAT HN Church Hall - 8:30 AM thru Mass at 4 PM
MONDAY MAR. 5 GOLF OUTING PLANNING MEETING HN Rectory – 6:30 PM
FRIDAY MAR. 9 LENTEN FISH FRY HN Church Hall – 11AM - 7 PM
REMEMBER IN PRAYER our CCD Second Graders who will be making their First Communion in May and the Confirmation Candidates from Christ the Light of the World, St. Joseph, St. Agnes, and Holy Trinity Parishes who will be celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation on Wednesday, April 25 at St. Mark Parish in Port Vue.
NEXT LENTEN FISH FRY FRIDAY, MARCH 9
Come enjoy our Parish Fish Fry every Friday in Lent EXCEPT March 2 and Good Friday
Menu includes 10-Oz. Cod Fish Sandwich, Jumbo Shrimp, Mac & Cheese, Waffle Fries, Haluski, Potato Pancakes, Cole Slaw and Home Made Desserts. Eat in or Take-out (call 412-466-8960.) Local delivery available. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. Donations are still being accepted for Chinese Gift and Basket Raffle - Baskets will be raffled off on March 23. Home Baked Goods are gratefully accepted for all fish frys. Volunteers are always welcome even if you only have a couple of hours to spare. Come on down and have some fun and delicious food.
GOLF OUTING MEETING: On Monday, March 5th at 6:30pm in HN Rectory, Dave Fontanese will be chairing a Kick-Off Planning for our Annual Golf Outing to be held June 18th. We are always looking for new ideas and welcome new volunteers to come join us!
SERRA CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL NEWS: Serra Catholic’s Placement Test for incoming freshmen will be held on Saturday, March 3rd from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. Please contact Mrs. Lyons at 412-751-2020 to register.
A Meet Our Students Evening will be held on Thursday, March 8th 7-9 pm. Incoming Freshmen, spend time with current students and find your place in our clubs, activities, and sports. Parents, attend workshops and find answers to all your questions about our Serra Catholic community! Call Mrs. Lyons at 412-751-2020 for more information.
DIVORCED, WIDOWED, SEPARATED? The loss of a spouse through separation, divorce or death is a most traumatic experience. The Beginning Experience weekend is intended to help those who would like to pass through grief and begin to move forward with their lives. Come to a safe place. The next weekend will be held March 9-11 at the Martina Spiritual Renewal Center, in West View/Ross Township. For more information make a confidential call to Mary at 412-523-2405 or Rob at 412-584-5575 or go to www.BeginningExperiencePittsburgh.org.
ANNUAL CEMETERY CLEAN-UP: In order to maintain the appearance of our parish cemetery properties and ensure the safety of visitors and employees, The Catholic Parish Cemeteries will be conducting the Annual Cemetery Clean-up during March. All Christmas items will be removed from all graves during the cleanup. Please remove any items you wish to keep prior to March 1st. Thank you for your cooperation.
PASSOVER SEDER MEAL: Palm Sunday, March 25 from 3:00 – 5:30 PM. At St. Rita Social Hall in Whitaker, Pa. This meal is based on the Jewish Passover Meal. For more information and reservations, please call 412-461-8087 or email Fr. Ed Czmerda at email@example.com by March 18.
LENTEN RENEWAL – ST. THERESE PARISH, Munhall Sunday, March 4 at 6pm and Mon.-Wed., March 3-7 at 7pm. Conducted by Fr. John Marcucci. Meager Meal: Mon.-Wed. at 6 p.m. in Club Room (below church). For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-462-8161. We hope you can join us!
POLISH EGG DECORATING FESTIVAL: Sunday, March 4, from noon to 5pm, Pitt Alumni Hall 1st Floor, across from the Cathedral of Learning. Enjoy making your own design Easter eggs (pisanki), palm weaving, origami, flower making, children’s activities, ethnic bake sale. Free admission.