LENTEN SPIRITUAL PARTICIPATION & OUTREACH
• Pocket Reminder: A reminder throughout Lent to keep yourself focused on your Lenten goals.
• Spiritual Readings: For adults, we have “The Word Among Us,” and “Little Black Books.” For children: “Little Purple Books.”
• Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick: will be celebrated after all Masses the weekend of Feb. 24-25. This Sacrament is for anyone of any age who is experiencing spiritual, emotional, or physical duress, such as chronic illness, terminal illness, or upcoming surgery. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here.
• Sacrament of Reconciliation: will be celebrated after all Masses the weekend of March 17-18. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here. Anyone wishing a private confession should call Fr. Tom.
• Stations of the Cross: will be prayed every Friday during Lent at 12 noon in Holy Name Church.
• Reachout To Our Shut-Ins: attached to the bulletin today is a listing of all of our shut-ins (nursing home, personal care homes, assisted living, and home centered elderly residents.) Write them a card or note during Lent/Easter. Help make them feel connected to our parish and to know that they are not forgotten.
• Feed The Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. For monetary donations, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.”
• Cans Of Coins: Start saving your coins to be offered at our Holy Thursday Mass. This is a wonderful part of our Holy Week celebration and a meaningful way for the children to participate in the Lenten Journey.
REMEMBER IN PRAYERS OF SUPPORT those making their faith journey through RCIA. Please remember and support in daily prayer Alisha Reed, Emma McGurk-Sowa, Erika Pollak, Terri Pollak, and Dana Pollak.
REST IN PEACE Please remember Anna Mae Eicholtz who has died and risen to new life in the Lord.
UPCOMING PARISH ACTIVITIES
- SUNDAY FEB. 18 CONFIRMATION CLASS 11:30 AM Mass – 3 PM
- FRIDAY FEB. 23 STATIONS OF THE CROSS HN Church – 12 PM
- FRIDAY FEB. 23 LENTEN FISH FRY HN Church Hall – 11AM - 7 PM
- SUNDAY FEB. 25 CCD – ALL GRADES 9:30 -11:15 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SECOND GRADERS as they celebrate their First Reconciliation. Our prayers are with each of them and their families as they continue their journey of faith toward celebrating their First Communion. Blessings and Prayers!!!!
CONFIRMATION NEWS: Confirmation Classes for all 8th - 9th graders are February 18, March 18 and April 15. Classes start with 11:30am Mass and end at 3:00pm.
CONFIRMATION RETREAT is March 3rd starting with registration at 8:30am and ends with a special 4:00pm Mass at Holy Name Church. More details will be given at Feb 18th class.
LENTEN FISH FRY THIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23
Come enjoy our Parish Fish Fry every Friday in Lent EXCEPT March 2 and Good Friday.
Menu includes 10-Oz. Cod Fish Sandwich, Jumbo Shrimp, Mac & Cheese, Waffle Fries, Haluski, Potato Pancakes, Cole Slaw and Home Made Desserts. Eat in or Take-out (call 412-466-8960.) Local delivery available. Advance Order Forms are available around the churches.
WAYS YOU • Donate a Gift Basket - Baskets will be raffled off at the last Fish Fry on March 23.
CAN HELP: • Donate Home Baked Goods – we need home baked goods each week.
• Donate Water or Soft Drinks (drop off at HN Hall daily 7:30am - 3:30pm, or leave in Church vestibule).
• Volunteer for Prep Work (10-3) on Thursdays and/or Cooking & Serving on Fridays. It’s a great
way to meet fellow parishioners and have fun. To volunteer call Tony Popowitz at 412-654-6370.
SERRA CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL NEWS: Serra Catholic’s Placement Test for incoming freshmen will be held on Saturday, March 3rd from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. Please contact Mrs. Lyons at 412-751-2020 to register.
A Meet Our Students Evening will be held on Thursday, March 8th 7-9 pm. Incoming Freshmen, spend time with current students and find your place in our clubs, activities, and sports. Parents, attend workshops and find answers to all your questions about our Serra Catholic community! Call Mrs. Lyons at 412-751-2020 for more information.
ST. AGNES SCHOOL, WEST MIFFLIN is accepting registrations for the 2018-2019 school year for grades Pre-3 through 8th grade. Tours welcome. Evening appointments available. Call 412-466-6238 to schedule an appointment.
YEARLY CONTRIBUTION INCOME TAX STATEMENTS: Anyone wishing their 2017 Church Donations for income tax purposes should call the church office. They will be sent on Fridays each week.
ON MISSION CAPITAL CAMPAIGN UPDATE: This information is an update on the resources received from the Capital Campaign for CLW and St. Joseph Parishes. Once parish goals are reached, the money above it will be distributed 40% to the Diocese and 60% to the Parish.
- CLW: Goal is $445,000. Amount pledged is $319,740.00. Of the amount pledged, $170,140.50 was received. Of the amount received to date, the Diocese receives 60% or $102,084.30. The Parish receives 40% or $68,056.20.
- ST. Joseph: Goal is $195,000. Amount pledged is $122,564.86. Of the amount pledged, $58,609.56 was received. Of this pledge amount, the Diocese receives 60% or $35,165.74 and the Parish receives 40% or $23,443.82.