ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICES: See Service Times on Home Page
· For the sick: Anyone wishing to take ashes to a sick relative or shut-in can do so by bringing a small envelope and picking up a SMALL amount of ashes after the services and Masses.
· Children: Since the reception of ashes is a sign of repentance, pre-school age children do not receive ashes.
SACRAMENT OF THE ANOINTING OF THE SICK will be celebrated after all Masses the weekend of Feb. 24-25. This Sacrament is for anyone of any age who is experiencing spiritual, emotional, or physical duress, such as chronic illness, terminal illness, or upcoming surgery. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION will be celebrated after all Masses the weekend of March 17-18. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here.
REMEMBER IN PRAYERS OF SUPPORT those making their faith journey through RCIA. Please remember and support in daily prayer Alisha Reed, Emma McGurk-Sowa, Erika Pollak, Terri Pollak, and Dana Pollak.
WELCOME We welcome the newest members of our parish: The Pollak Family (Brian, Terri, Erika, Dana and Brian, Jr.)
NEWLY BAPTIZED Congratulations to the family of Arabella Ryleigh Butler who was baptized into God’s family.
UPCOMING PARISH ACTIVITIES
SUNDAY.......... FEB. 11....... CCD – ALL GRADES..................................... 9:30 - 11:15 AM
SUNDAY.......... FEB 11........ 2ND GRADE PARENTS MEETING HN Church Hall 12:30 PM
THURSDAY..... FEB. 15....... WOMEN’S SPIRITUAL FOCUS GROUP HN Church Hall 6:30 PM
FRIDAY............ FEB. 16....... LENTEN FISH FRY.............. HN Church Hall – 11AM - 7 PM
SATURDAY..... FEB. 17....... FIRST RECONCILIATION.................. HN Church 11:00 AM
SUNDAY.......... FEB. 18....... CONFIRMATION CLASS.................. 11:30 AM Mass – 3 PM
2ND GRADE PARENT COMMUNION MEETING: This Sunday, February 11th, immediately following 11:30 Mass in the church.
CONFIRMATION NEWS: Confirmation Classes for all 8th - 9th graders are February 18, March 18 and April 15. Classes start with 11:30 AM Mass and end at 3:00 PM.
CONFIRMATION RETREAT is March 3rd starting with registration at 8:30 and ends with a special 4:00 Mass at Holy Name Church. More details will be given at Feb 18th class.
LENTEN FISH FRYS START THIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16
Come enjoy our Parish Fish Fry every Friday in Lent EXCEPT March 2 and Good Friday
Menu includes 10-Oz. Cod Fish Sandwich, Jumbo Shrimp, Mac & Cheese, Waffle Fries, Haluski, Potato Pancakes, Cole Slaw and Home Made Desserts. Eat in or Take-out (call 412-466-8960.) Local delivery available. Advance Order Forms have been placed around the churches.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
• Donate a Gift Basket - Baskets will be raffled off at the last Fish Fry on March 23.
• Donate Home Baked Goods – we need home baked goods each week.
• Donate Water or Soft Drinks (drop off at HN Hall daily 7:30-3:30, or leave in Church vestibule)
• Volunteer for Prep Work (10-3) on Thursdays and/or Cooking & Serving on Fridays. It’s a great way to meet fellow parishioners and have fun. To volunteer call Tony Popowitz at 412-654-6370.
YEARLY CONTRIBUTION INCOME TAX STATEMENTS: Anyone wishing their 2017 Church Donations for income tax purposes should call the church office. They will be sent on Fridays each week.
ST. AGNES SCHOOL, WEST MIFFLIN is accepting registrations for the 2018-2019 school year for grades Pre-3 through 8th grade. Tours welcome. Evening appointments available. Call 412-466-6238 to schedule an appointment.
AUBERLE FAMILY EMERGENCY SHELTER IN DUQUESNE: They are in need of the following items:
baby monitors • towels • wash clothes • diapers • diaper wipes • hygiene products
Please consider donating these items. We will have receptacles in the churches for you to put your donations in. For more information you can contact Erin Rhodes at email@example.com or 412-673-5856, ext. 1205.
HELP THE HOMELESS: We are still collecting items to put together bags for the homeless . We are asking you to donate whatever items you can. We have receptacles at the doors for you to place your items in.
• refillable water bottles • socks • granola bars and cereal bars
• crackers w/ peanut butter or cheese • tuna & crackers • fruit snacks & applesauce cups
• soft packs of Kleenex • hand wipes and chapstick • toothbrushes and toothpaste
• mints, cough drops, gum • nail clippers and band aids • $5 gift cards to McDonalds