Saturday - 5:30pm [HN] - Joe Serenka (Anna Mae and Family)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - Mary Newmeyer (Ken and Dianne Awenowicz), Living & Deceased Members of CLW/St. Joseph Parishes
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Elaine Pych (Paulette and Francine)
Monday - No Mass
Tuesday - Feast of the Assumption - 8:00am [HT] - Mass at Holy Trinity
Tuesday - Feast of the Assumption - 12:00pm [HN] - Agnes Chokota (Kathy Kuszaj and Jan Kunz))
Tuesday - Feast of the Assumption - 7:00pm [HN] - Bob Novak (Rita Cocca)
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Kevin Adams (Mr. and Mrs. Jack Holleran)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Roy Wilcox (Elaine Micklo)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Michael and Florence Andrews (Family)
Saturday - 5:30pm [HN] - Nellie Merisko (Frank and Sandy Bergel)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - James & Alberta Budai (Paul J. Budai Family)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Al and Marge Mihalco (Mihalco family), Living & Deceased Members of CLW/St. Joseph Parishes
Aug 19 - Saturday - 5:30pm [HN] - Alexa, Betsy & Andrew Drecnik
Aug 20 - Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Madison Deacon, Alyssa & Calvin Terza
WELCOME NEW PARISHIONERS
We are pleased to welcome the newest members of our parish family: John and Barbara Knezovich, and Rena, Max, and Lily Schleehauf
YOUTH MINISTRY & CCD HAPPENINGS
We are going to create, establish, and build a solid High School and Junior High Youth Ministry Program at CLW, St. Joseph, Holy Trinity, and St. Agnes Parishes, in addition to rejuvenating and nurturing our Religious Education Program for this Parish Grouping. More information to follow.
RCIA PROGRAM BEGINS IN OCTOBER
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? Do you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. You may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation.” This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in a religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If you are interested or have any questions, call Fr. Tom. We need to have you registered by the end of September.
AUGUST 26 WALK TO DEFEAT ALS
Our goal this year is to raise $10,000. We are hoping to reach this goal by encouraging all of our walkers to make a self donation, as well as to ask family, friends, coworkers, etc. to support them with a monetary donation. Anyone can make a donation to support our team by visiting our team page OR fill in one of the forms around the church and mail it to the address on the form or put it in an envelope marked “ALS Walk” and drop it in the collection basket. Reminder: All walkers must be registered to walk.
NEW! CASINO NIGHT AND CHILI COOK-OFF
Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm in Holy Name Church Hall
Sponsored by Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes. Your $25 Donation includes chili sampling and judging, chili dogs, chili fries, and anything else chili we can think of, toppings, corn bread, two beverage tickets, music, photo-ops, and more. We will also have Raffles, Chinese Auction, 50-50, a fill-a-bag of sweet treats from our Sweet Treat Bar, and Complimentary Casino Games. To reserve your spot, call the rectory 412-469-0196.
But Wait… We Need Chili Chefs!
Do you make the best chili in the world? Are you ready to put it to the test? Then enter our first ever Chili Cook-Off! We have room for twenty fine chili chefs and the first twenty to send in their application and $20 entrance fee will be awarded those spots. You can get your application form by seeing Debbie Walters or emailing email@example.com.
ANNUAL JOINT PARISH PICNIC NEWS
Less than 2 weeks left to register by August 23 so don’t forget to do it soon!
- Sunday, August 27 from noon till 7pm at the Mifflin Club. Appetizers will be served at 1pm and dinner at 3:30pm. For the kids we will have face painting and balloon art at 2pm plus other fun activities during the afternoon depending on how much help we can get. Music by a DJ from 3-6pm. If you can help call Kristie at412-616-2596.
- Mass at 12:30pm: Fr. Tom will celebrate Mass at 12:30pm. (There will be no 11:30 Mass at Holy Name Church.)
- Everyone must RSVP to attend: RSVP by August 23. Kristie England will take reservations and appetizer and side dish requests @412-616-2596 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Dave Pribish will take dessert requests @412-726-0415. Bring your dish in a foil, throw away pan. Make enough for 25 people. If your dish contains nuts please label it as such. We are also asking everyone to bring a case of water or pop or a bag or two of ice. BYOB. No pets.
- Maps/directions to the Mifflin Club are available in the vestibule.
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
All reservations must be in by August 21 so call now to get your tickets. This event is being planned this year at the Antonelli Event Center in Irwin for Sunday, September 10, 2017. Doors will open at 12:00 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00pm. Price is $35.00 per person and includes lunch. Call the church office or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org or send us your order and we will send your tickets.
- To donate a basket or to make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, call or email Debbie at the church office. All Auction Baskets should be dropped off at the rectory by September 1st.
MEN'S RETREAT SEPT. 23, 24 & 25
St. Paul of the Cross Retreat Center, South Side. Carpooling will be available. To register or for more information contact Paul Ruhl at 412-680-6383, email@example.com, Pat Kerr at 412-999-5272, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the retreat center at 412-381-7676.
BARBEQUE CHICKEN DINNER
Our Duquesne Volunteer Fire Department is holding its annual BBQ Chicken Dinner on Saturday, August 26 from 12-6pm at the American Croation Club, 1111 W. Grant Ave. 50/50 Raffle and Chinese Auction. Be sure to mark the date and show your appreciation by supporting our volunteer fire department.
1 Kings 19:9a, 11-13a Romans 9:1-5 Matthew 14:22-23
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,237.00 - August 6, 2017 Offertory
$ 658.00 - Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 1,175.00 - Mission Appeal
$ 169.00 - Love Gifts (4)
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,009.00 - August 6, 2017 Offertory
$ 155.00 - Repairs
$ 356.00 - Because I Care (8)