Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Mark Kleist (John and Rita Lonzo)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - Dolores Hinerman (Hinerman Family)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Domenico/Mary Lamanna, Ed/Olga Guzewicz (Donna and Bob Guzewicz)
Monday - 12:00pm [HN] - NO MASS
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - William Bost (Son, Gary)
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Helen Tomovcsik (Son and Family)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Josephine Adams (Family)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Clara Jeroski (Jeff Wilner)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Adam Maloney (Family)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - George Matta, Sr. (Anne Radakovich)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Victoria Abbatangelo (Jack and Jacquie Ashworth)
Mar. 12 - Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
Mar. 13 - Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - Ryan and Tyler Gedman
Mar. 13 - Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Autumn & Avi Adams
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Shirley Schneider, Amy Kopolovich Conrad, Albert Debb and Diane Malloy, all of whom have died and risen to new life in the Lord.
OUR ANNUAL 2016 PARISH SHARE PROGRAM IS UNDERWAY
Invitations to participate are being sent to all parishioners of both parishes. We are hoping that you will consider making a donation to help us meet our goals. Our assessment this year, based on 17.6% of our total assessable income from last year is $57,281.00 for CLW and $22,649.00 for St. Joseph. Last year (2015), CLW fell short of its goal by $6,248.00 and had to take it from parish savings. Happily, St. Joseph was shy only $39.00! Nice going! And Thank You! When everyone does something, we are able to meet our goals and if we go over, those monies stay with the parish tax free.
Questions & Answers:
- Do we benefit from PSP monies? YES. These monies help subsidize Catholic Charities which provides services and counseling to families at risk and in need. Also, many priests receive their seminary education from these funds.
- What can I do? You can make an “outright donation” or make a pledge over 10 months or use the “extra Parish Share envelope” in your monthly packet, which goes towards our goal and helps a great deal. Drop your donations or pledges in the collection basket or mail them to the rectory. Some people have told me that they use this envelope and eliminate “out of parish” second collection envelopes. Any donation, great or small is appreciated.
WELCOME FR. JACK
I will be away this Sunday morning at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Meadowlands, PA. doing some Mass coverages. Fr. Jack “True Story” Nanz will be here celebrating the 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM Masses. Welcome Fr. Jack, and thanks for your help!!!
HOMEMADE HOAGIE SALE
These Homemade Hoagies are a great buy for $5.00 and are available after all Masses this weekend.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” Palm Sunday March 20 in Holy Name Hall from 9 am- 1:30 pm. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, fresh fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: adults - $7.00, family special: children (1st child – 12 & under) - $4.00 – other children eat free.
- Volunteer: It is a great opportunity for those who work during the week to volunteer. If you can help, call Debbie Lesko (412-694-6149) or Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or email email@example.com.
- Make a Donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray costs, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection. Mark the envelope “BREAKFAST.”
- Baked Goods: We are in need of baked goods to be sold. You can bring them to the hall that morning.
- Colored Prayer Cards: Each week, you will be able to take home a colored “meditation card” to help make the week meaningful and be able to reflect on what we do in church, at home or the workplace.
- Spiritual Readings: For adults, we have “The Word Among Us,” and “Little Black Books.” For children: “Little Purple Books.”
- Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation: after all the weekend Masses on March 12/13. We will celebrate communally in a guilt free, non-judgmental way. Anyone wishing a private confession should call Fr. Tom.
- Stations of the Cross: will be prayed every Friday during Lent at 12 noon in Holy Name Church.
- Reachout to our Shut-Ins: around the church you will find a listing of all of our shut-ins (nursing home, personal care homes, assisted living, and home centered elderly residents.) Write them a card or note during Lent/Easter. Help make them feel connected to our parish and to know that they are not forgotten.
- Feed The Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. To make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.
- Cans Of Coins: Save your coins and loose change to be offered at our Holy Thursday Mass and Procession. This offering is a wonderful part of our Holy Week celebrations and is a meaningful way for the children to participate.
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS WORKSHOP
A workshop for all new volunteers will be held on Sunday, March 13 after the 11:30am Mass.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
Tickets were mailed to all parishioners this past week. This raffle will run from March 27 thru May 1 with a $100.00 winner each day, except Easter Sunday & May 1st - $200.00 prize. The winner is based on the PA daily 3 digit evening lottery. This is a great way to support YOUR parish. All sold and unsold tickets must be returned by March 27 (Easter) or in the Easter Sunday collection. If you need a few more, call the rectory.
BROWN BAG THANK YOU
Thank you for the fabulous goodies in the brown bag! I am so glad the brown bag tradition continues. It is one of my first memories of learning about service to others when I was a student at Duquesne Catholic. I never thought I would be in the position to be in the receiving end, but as such, I have had the unique opportunity to see life coming full circle. Thank You.
MEMORIAL EASTER FLOWERS
Make a donation in memory or honor of a family member, friend, loved one. Use the Easter flower envelope in your monthly contribution packet. Drop your donation in the collection or mail to the rectory anytime up until Easter. Make sure you write the names of those to be remembered or honored. A memorial listing will be published after Easter.
LADY LOCKS FOR EASTER
Hungarian Reformed Church of Duquesne. To order, call 412-469-2185 by March 9.
YEARLY CONTRIBUTION INCOME TAX STATEMENTS
Anyone wishing their 2015 Church Donations for income tax purposes should call the church office. They will be sent on Fridays each week.
1 Samuel 16:1b, 6-7, 10-13a
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,654.00 - February 28, 2016 Offertory
$ 321.20 - Debt Reduction
$ 160.00 - Because I Care (6)
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,461.60 - February 28, 2016 Offertory
$ 802.00 - Utilities
$ 367.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 205.00 - Love Gifts (7)