Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Deceased Members of Toboz and Lusckay Families (Donna and Larry)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - Deceased Members of Obringer Family
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Gino/Mary Ferry and Frank/Stella Santone (Jack and Darlene)
Monday - 10:00am [HN Cemetery] - NO MASS
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Communion Service
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Communion Service
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Communion Service
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Dorothy Carothers (M/M Chris Steimer)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Deceased members of Joseph and Anna Denne Family (Family)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - John R. Bitkowski (Bernice and Family)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Richard and Carol Bevan (Kathy and Kevin Kurimsky)
Sept 19 - Saturday - 5:00 pm [HN] - Avi & Autumn Adams
Sept 20 - Sunday - 9:00 am [SJ] - Ryan& Tyler Gedman
Sept 20 - Sunday - 11:30 am [HN] - Justin Molanick & Colby Steinbruegge
III Sean Angelo and Katelyn Waugaman
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the family of Kaelyn Rae Ernst and Eva Marie Roman who have been baptized into God’s family.
UPKEEP & MAINTENANCE OF OUR PARISH FACILITIES
Issues with the physical plant and buildings seem like a never-ending challenge. Currently we have several roofing issues that have to be addressed, plus there is maintenance work required at all three parish cemeteries.
- St. Hedwig Church & Bell Tower Roof Replacement – The cost for this replacement is $24,410.00
- St. Hedwig Rectory & Breezeway Roof Replacement – This will cost $7,890.00
- St. Joseph: Repairing & Recoating the Roof over the Sacristy – $2,250.00. This roof has been leaking for several years and the temporary patches are no longer enough to prevent significant water damage inside.
- Cemetery Asphalt Maintenance – The past few winters have been very hard on the road surfaces and routine crack cleaning and filling are needed. Work will include paving the entranceway to St. Hedwig’s Cemetery, and raising two sunken storm grates to road level at St. Joseph’s Cemetery just beyond the entranceway. Repairs will cost Holy Name Cemetery, $1,600; St. Hedwig Cemetery, $4,780; and St. Joseph Cemetery, $6,320.
It is imperative that in order to keep our parish facilities beautiful and functional, we must be diligent about maintaining them. Added together, these necessary maintenance projects will total $47,250. We are informing you so you might know how your Upkeep/Maintenance/Repair donations are spent, and to encourage you to be as generous as possible.
"STITCHES OF LOVE" KNIT/CROCHET GROUP SPECIAL EVENING SESSION
The group meets every other Thursday at 10am in Holy Name Church Hall. We have had numerous inquiries about our group and the possibility of meeting in the evening, so this Thursday, September 17 we will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in Holy Name Church Hall. We are trying out this evening schedule in the hope that more of you can join us. Don’t know how to knit? Not a problem: COME AND LEARN! Our projects include making hats, scarves, slippers, booties and baby blankets for reachout to various charities, as well as cotton dishcloths, purple hats and ??? BRING YOUR IDEAS!
ST. JOSEPH CHRISTIAN MOTHERS & GUILD
Will meet on Tuesday, September 15th starting with the Rosary at 11:45am, Noon Mass and Installation of Officers in Holy Name Church. A meeting will follow in the church hall with cake and coffee. All are Welcome!! 2015-2016 Officers: President-Pat Schorr, Vice President-Kathy Hilley, Treasurer-Carol Worek, Secretary-Ethel Crunkleton.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in a religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If you are interested or have any questions, call Fr. Tom. We need to have you registered by the end of September.
K OF C CAR SHOW AND CHILI COOK-OFF
The Duquesne/West Mifflin Knights of Columbus are having their last car show of the season this Tuesday, September 15 from 5:30-9:30pm at Holy Trinity Church Hall, Grant Avenue Ext., West Mifflin. There will be a variety of food & beverages for sale, games of chance, 50/50 raffle & disc jockey. General admission is free. Chili tasting tickets 50¢ each. Proceeds assist the Knights in their charitable work.
"FALL INTO FASHION" LUNCHEON WITH FR. SCOTT SEETHALER
Next Sunday, September 20, 2015 at South Hills Country Club. This event benefits the Anna Seethaler Hospital located in Oaxaca, Mexico. For tickets and information, please call 412-885-4410.
ST. THOMAS HIGH SCHOOL ALL-CLASS REUNION/MIXER
Saturday, October 17, 7:00 pm to midnight at the Grand View Golf Club, 1000 Clubhouse Drive, North Braddock. Soft drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and DJ Mark Skiadany. Cash bar. Donation $20. Info: 412.824.8800 or Laniganfunerals@aol.com. Make checks payable to Marlene Waszkiewicz & mail to Lanigan Funeral Home, 700 Linden Ave., East Pgh., PA 15112. Only 400 tickets will be sold.
Join with other men from the Diocese September 25, 26, & 27 at St. Paul of the Cross Retreat Center, South Side. Carpooling will be available. This year’s theme is "Called to Grow in Discipleship." For info/registration: Paul Ruhl at 412-680-6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call the retreat center at 412-381-7676.
DIVORCED, WIDOWED OR SEPARATED?
Beginning Experience weekends help widowed, divorced, or separated people to pass through the grief and begin to move forward with their lives. The next weekend will be October 23-25, 2015 at Gilmary Retreat Center in Moon Twp. Payment arrangements/ possible assistance are available. Learn more at www.BeginningExperience.org or make a confidential call to Mary at 412-523-2405 or Steve at 412-367-4948.
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,764.50 - September 6, 2015 Offertory
$ 273.00 - Repairs
$ 120.00 - Because I Care (2)
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,511.50 - September 6, 2015 Offertory
$ 658.00 - Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 275.00 - Love Gifts (4)