Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Judy Adams (Barnes Family)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - Margaret Pomaibo (Husband & Children)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - Mary Marciniec (Darlene, Sonny, & Ronald)
Monday - 10:00am [HN Cemetery] - NO MASS
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (Audrey Kochis)
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Andy, Sophie, and Don Pallasce (Hilda and Ron Krutz)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Clara Jeroski (Walter Klocek)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Joseph Serenka (Annamae and Family)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Jessie Krasuski (Husband Stanley)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - Bo, Gert, and Vince Kollar (Ginny/Phyllis)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - Elaine Pych (M. Petrozza Family)
Aug 8 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Avi & Autumn Adams
Aug 9 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Schae Binger & Josh Revak
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the family of Caroline Penn Fahnestock who has been baptized into God’s family.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We are pleased to welcome new members Jeff & Heather Drecnik & children Alexa, Andrew, Betsy & Kiera; and Diane Conroy & children Russell & Abbie to to our parish family.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Valerie Balavage, Brandi Collins and Carole Carr who have died and risen to new life.
CCD REGISTRATION HAS BEGUN
We offer religious education for grades K thru 8 on Sunday morning from 10:00am to 11:15am using the alternating week schedule (K thru 5 one week) and (6 thru 8 the next week.) Due to limited space we are only able to offer classes for those who are registered members of CLW and St. Joseph parishes.
Online Registration: began August 1st and ends August 31st. To register online, visit the CCD Registration page on the parish website. Within 48 hours you will receive an e-mail letting you know your registration is complete. If you do not get this email contact Colleen Whitney.
In Person Registration: Will take place Sunday, September 6th from 10am – 11:15am in Holy Name Hall. The teachers will be there to take registrations and answer any questions. After this date ALL registrations will be closed. If you do not have access to a computer and cannot make the “in person” registration, call Colleen BEFORE Sept. 4th.
Baptism Certificate: New students registering in grades K and 1 will need a CURRENT baptism certificate if they were baptized somewhere other than Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig. If you are transferring from another parish call or e-mail Colleen Whitney before you register: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-461-8318.
LAST WEEK TO REGISTER FOR JOINT PARISH PICNIC
- When/Where: It will be held on Sunday, August 16 from 1 - 7 pm at the West Mifflin Social Club. Maps and Directions to Mifflin Club are available in the back of the church. Dinner will be served at 3pm.
- Featuring: horseshoes, games, a Magician & Balloon Artist for the kids from 2 - 4pm, music & dancing by the TrelTones from 3 - 6pm. BYOB. No pets, please.
- Mass at 1pm: Fr. Tom will celebrate an outdoor Mass at 1pm. Bring along your church envelopes & lawn chairs.
- Everyone must RSVP to attend: Reservations are open till August 9th. Kristie England will take reservations and side dish requests @412-616-2596 or email@example.com and Dave Pribish will take dessert requests @412-726-0415. Bring your dish in a foil, throw away pan. Make enough for 25 people. Also bring a case of water or pop.
TEAM FATHER DENNIS - WALK TO DEFEAT ALS
This year’s Walk is Saturday, August 22, 2015 at Point State Park from 8 am to 11:30 am. Sign up for the Walk: if you do not have a computer or need assistance with getting signed up call Aggie Sanker at 412-276-1222. All walkers must be registered to walk. Take the bus: it is free but you must make a reservation - call Larry Luskay at 412-466-8946. If you ordered Team Father Dennis T-shirts they will be available after all Masses August 15/16 (including the 1:00pm Picnic Mass.) Make a Donation: visit the Team Father Dennis page on the parish website, click on the link to our team page and select the walker you wish to support OR fill in one of the forms around the church and mail it to the address on the form or put in an envelope marked “ALS Walk” and drop it in the collection basket.
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
A fun filled afternoon is being planned at the Youghiogheny Country Club on Sunday, September 13, 2015 (The Steelers are not playing that Sunday.) Doors will open at 12 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Bingo begins at 2:00 pm. Tickets for this sell-out event go on sale July 27.
- Prizes include Vera Bradley, Coach, Dooney & Burke, Kate Spade, Michael Kors and many other designers. There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50, and strip tickets. Proceeds will be split between CLW and St. Joseph Parishes.
- Price is $30.00 per person and includes lunch. Tickets for this event sell out fast so be sure to buy your tickets early. Call the rectory or emailDebbie@christthelightoftheworld.org or send us your order and we will send your tickets.
- If anyone would like to donate a Chinese auction basket or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, it would be greatly appreciated.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in a religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If you are interested or have any questions, call Fr. Tom. We need to have you registered by the end of September.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE
Christ the Light of the World - To date, we have received $18,240.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 99 donors towards our goal of $54,744.00. This leaves us a balance of $36,534.00.
St. Joseph - To date, we have received $6,405.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 47 donors towards our goal of $20,137.00. This leaves us a balance of $13,732.00.
Balances must be paid by Dec. 31. If we fall short of our goals, we must take from our parish savings. Food for thought: If 365 CLW parishioners and 137 St. Joseph parishioners would make a donation of at least $100.00, both parishes would hit our goals and have money ready to make improvements to the parish facilities, since any “overage” is tax free.
Exodus 16:2-4, 12-15 Ephesians 4:17, 20-24 John 6:24-25
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,170.00 - July 26, 2015 Offertory
$ 718.00 - Debt Reduction
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,234.50 - July 26, 2015 Offertory
$ 317.00 - Religious Education
$ 596.00 - Utilities
$ 45.00 - Love Gifts (2)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope for St. Joseph Parish will be for Utilities.