Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Phyllis Senato (Anne Radakovich)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - Frank and Louise Belback (Family)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - Elaine Opatick (Ray and Deanne Janko)
Monday - 12:00pm [HN] - No Mass
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Deceased Members of Kosko Family (Gert Bytzura)
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Dorothy J. Volinski (Jim and Suzanne Bevan)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Marie Kovalcin (Family)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Deceased Members of Missagio and Knoll Families (Jean Tarabek)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Jack McKeever (Gemma Senay)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - William Revak (Revak Family)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - John and Theresa Ragan (Bill and Mary Adams)
June 27 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Jack Cherkes and Olivia Studnicki
June 28 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Falyn Carr and Josh Revak
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the family of Braydin Michael Gricus and Brionna Nycole Gricus who have been baptized into God’s family.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Katherine Gorscak who died and rose to new life this week.
"ED CAPRISTO" JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING THANK YOU
We would like to thank everyone who in anyway made our 11th Annual Outing a huge success. 102 men and women golfers were provided with sunny blue skies (with a little EXTRA help from above??) to enjoy their round of golf. An additional 40 parishioners and friends joined us for the superb dinner. The day was filled with fellowship, food, refreshments and fun. Thanks especially to Marty Schorr who chairs this event and sees that it runs smoothly and efficiently for the benefit of our guests who take off work, spend their time and money for the benefit of our parishes. And most importantly, we are thankful for the dozens of volunteers who work at the event and the many others who donate gifts and prizes. Because of YOU, we have been blessed and are ever grateful and thankful.
ALL CASH RAFFLE RESULTS
The winning number for the PA Lottery 4 digit number for June 22, 2015 was #3526. The ticket was sent out but not purchased so there was no $1,000.00 winner. Because this person chose not to participate, the profit for the parishes will be increased by $1,000.00. We did have a $250.00 winner for one number below (#3525 - Shirley Kowalski.) The number above (#3527) was not purchased. The total financial report will be published in a few weeks once all the invoices are presented and the bills paid.
ANNUAL INDOOR/OUTDOOR SUMMER FLEA MARKET - JULY 10, 11, 13
Donations have been brisk and we are anticipating a lot more great items. We will take anything that you wish to donate except clothing, shoes, televisions, tires or any type of computer equipment. The last day to bring your donations is, JULY 8th. No donations will be accepted after that day.
- GREAT NEWS: A parishioner is downsizing from a large house to an apartment and has donated a truckload of furniture and appliances to the flea market. Items include bedroom and other indoor furniture, cedar chest, armoire, washer & dryer, outdoor furniture and much, much more!
- Drop Off Times: Starting Monday, June 15, we will accept your donations every weekday, Monday thru Friday – 9 am – 12 noon and every weekend, Saturday & Sunday – 9 am – 11 am.
- Chinese Auction Prizes: If anyone would like to donate a specialty basket or a prize ($25 value) for the Chinese Auction, let us know. If you drop them off put your name on it so we can make sure it gets placed in the proper area.
- Food Items: Our menu this year will consist of: Meatball Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Keilbasi & Kraut, Haluski; Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, pop, water. If anyone would like to make a donation of these items or a monetary donation to help defray the cost, call Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or the Rectory.
- Baked Goods Sale: Please plan on baking something to be sold on one of the days or all three.
- Volunteers: If anyone would like to help during the weekdays – Monday thru Friday – 9 am to 12 noon with unpacking donations, setting out items, etc. then give Louise Yevick a call (412- 466-5317.) We are in particular need of a volunteer to help handle donations to the bedding/linens section.
- More Volunteers: If you would like to help work the event on Friday, Saturday & Monday, July 10, 11 &13, give Louise a call. The sale goes from 8 am – 2 pm (Friday & Saturday) and 8 am – 1 pm (Monday.) There are lots of jobs needed to make this a success.
- And More Volunteers: We also need help with the outdoor portion of this sale. We need lots of volunteers at 7 am to set up. With enough help it takes about 1 hour. We also need people to stay for the sale. And we need help at 1:30 pm to help with tear down. If you can help any or all 3 days, call Tony Chepanoske (412-979-0444.)
JOINT PARISH FAMILY PICNIC NEWS
Our picnic this year will be held Sunday, August 16th at the Mifflin Social Club from 1 – 7pm. New this year: Fr. Tom will celebrate an outdoor Mass at the picnic grounds around 1:30. The TrelTones will provide music and dancing from 3 – 6pm. Volunteers are needed and welcomed. We are looking for a Magician, Face Painter and/or any other child entertainer, so if you know of anyone please contact Kristie England at 412-616-2596. Our next planning meeting will be held Wednesday, July 8th at 6:30 pm in Holy Name Church Hall.
MORE FUN WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN PARISH LIFE
Over the next couple of months, we will be having some fantastic events. You are asked to put them on your calendar now, so you can participate.
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 16 – Mifflin Social Club.
- Team Father Dennis Walking to Defeat ALS – Saturday, August 22 – Point State Park
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 13 – Youghiogheny Golf Club
ST. ANGELICA MEICI PARISH FESTIVAL
1640 Fawcett Ave., White Oak, on Thursday and Friday July 9, 10 from 7-11pm, and Saturday July 11 from 6-11pm. Come and enjoy the new Kiddie Kingdom area, game area, flea market, and food. Entertainment nightly and lots of varieties of food. For more info call the parish office at 412-672-9641.
TEENAGE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh needs teenage volunteers for its summer youth program from July 6 to August 7. Volunteers accompany students to places like Kennywood, Pirate games, and Camp Kon-O-Kwee, or just spend time with them in the evening. Schedules are flexible, and training is provided. Contact Nancy Schepis, volunteer coordinator, at 412-368-4400 X3430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wisdom 1:13-15, 2:23-24
2 Corinthians 8: 7, 9, 13-15
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,849.00 - June 14, 2015 Offertory
$ 70.00 - Because I Care
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 3,506.50 - June 21, 2015 Offertory
$ 70.00 - Love Gifts (3)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope for St. Joseph will be for repairs, and the second envelope for CLW will be for upkeep and maintenance.