Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Mickey Petrozza (Sister, Gemma)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - John E. Novak & living &deceased children (Daughter, Mathilda)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - John and Anna Adams (Bill and Mary Adams)
Monday - 12:00pm [HN] - No Mass
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Carl and Katherine Pellasce (Sister, Mary)
Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Richard Bevan (Rick and Cindy Bost)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Elvera Lauris (Mary A. Galik)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Bridget Midla (Mr. and Mrs. Alan Zubeck)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Flo Abbatangelo (Grandchildren)
Sunday - 8:30am [SH] - Deceased members of Senay & Petrozza families (Sister, Gemma)
Sunday - 10:00am [HN] - Paul and Della McGrail (Family)
June 6 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
June 7 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Tyler & Ryan Gedman
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the families of Colton Briar Evans and Michael James Harbaugh who were baptized into God’s family this week.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Gertrude Omay who died and rose to new life this week.
5:00PM ANNIVERSARY MASS NEXT SUNDAY
Fr. John Adams is coming home to offer a Mass of Thanksgiving to celebrate the first year anniversary of his ordination for the Diocese of Buffalo, NY. The Mass will be celebrated next Sunday, June 7 at 5:00 PM. Since Fr. John is a native of CLW, attended the seminary of Fr. Dennis, and was mentored by him, the Mass intention will be for Fr. Dennis. All parishioners are invited to attend.
SUMMER FLEA MARKET NEWS
Start gathering your “stuff!” This year’s event will be held July 10, 11, 13. We will be accepting donations starting June 15 from 9 am - 12 noon Monday through Friday and 9 am - 11 am Saturday & Sunday. We will not be accepting clothing, shoes, televisions, tires or any type of computer equipment. Volunteers are needed to help. Call Louise Yevick at 412-466-5317 or Debbie Lesko at 412-297-1732.
FAMILY PICNIC NEWS
Our picnic this year will be held Sunday, August 16th at the Mifflin Social Club from 1 – 7pm. New this year: Fr. Tom will celebrate an outdoor Mass at the picnic grounds around 1:30. The TrelTones will provide music and dancing from 3 – 6pm. Volunteers are needed and welcomed. We are looking for a Magician, Face Painter and/or any other child entertainer, so if you know of anyone please contact Kristie England at 412-616-2596. Our next planning meeting will be held Wednesday, July 8th at 6:30 pm in Holy Name Church Hall.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS & GUILD NEWS
Our closing meeting for the 2014-15 year will be Tuesday, June 16th starting with recitation of the Holy Rosary at 11:45am followed by Noon Mass at Holy Name Worship Site. A luncheon will follow (your expense) at Luciano’s Restaurant, Route 48 in White Oak. Rides available to and from church. Make reservations by June 14 – call Pat Schorr at 412-675-0169. Regular meetings will resume in September.
JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING PREPARATIONS IN FULL SWING
Monday, June 22 at the Youghiogheny Golf Club. Volunteers please note: there will be a meeting for ALL volunteers on June 9 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Church Hall. Parishioner Participation is vital for the outing’s success, as well as for keeping our parishes viable. Check out all the ways you can be part of this event:
- Be a Golfer: ONLY 128 golfers –first come, first served. Remember, we sell out every year. New golfers can get golf forms from the churches or call the rectory.
- Volunteer: We need helpers to work the event that day. There are lots of things to do. If you can spend the day with us give chairman, Marty Schorr a call (412-780-9485.)
- Donate: Something for the “Hawaiian Luau Basket of Cheer.” Drop off your donation for this Hawaiian themed Basket (bottle of wine, harder liquor, case of beer, snacks, etc.) at the rectory or call Chris Drecnik (412-673-5814) or Maggie Luther (412-751-5880.)
- Donate a Specialty Basket ($50 value): Create your own basket or get together with a friend and have some fun creating one! These baskets will be raffled off at the outing. Call Jean Schleifer (412-466-3300.)
- Join us for dinner: Come join us for dinner and some fun and fellowship. The price for Dinner ONLY guests is $35.00. Call the rectory with your reservations.
- All Cash Raffle: All parishioners were mailed (4) four raffle tickets. This “All Cash” raffle will go off June 22. It is the 4-digit PA evening lottery number. Each ticket has 2 possible winning numbers. Donation is $2.00. The winning ticket will get $1,000.00; the number above and below will receive $250.00. BONUS PRIZE: If one of the three winning numbers hits again on July 4, 2015, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize. Consider buying some extra tickets… they make a great Father’s Day gift!
DON'T MISS OUT ON THESE GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!
Over the next couple of months, we will be having some fantastic events. You are asked to put them on your calendar now, so you can participate.
- 11th Annual Golf Outing – Monday, June 22 – Youghigheny Golf Club.
- Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market – July 10, 11, 13 – [HN] Hall.
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 16 – Mifflin Social Club.
- Team Father Dennis Walking to Defeat ALS – Saturday, August 22 – Point State Park
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 13 – Youghiogheny Golf Club
CHEREGIES FOR SALE
The Hungarian Reformed Church of Duquesne will be making their Hungarian csöröge (cheregies) for sale June 5th. Orders accepted until June 1st - call Barbara at 412-469-2185. The cost is $7.00/dozen.
Christ Lutheran Church, Kennedy Ave. at South 4Th Street, Duquesne, is hosting a Spaghetti Dinner next Sunday, June 7 from 11:00 AM- 3:00 PM. Adults: $7 and $3.50 for children under 12. Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling 412-466-7773. Take-outs available.
FREE HEALTH SCREENING
There will be a free Stroke and Diabetes screening at the Clairton Municipal Building, 551 Ravensburg Blvd., Clairton, Pa on Saturday, June 13, from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. This is a FREE Diabetes and Stroke Survey Clinic sponsored by Jefferson Hospital of the Allegheny Health Network. The Screening takes about 30-45 minutes. No insurance required. Free parking. Registration is preferred. Call 412-469-7100 to register.
DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY "DUQUESNEFEST"
This annual Open House event will be held Sunday, June 14th beginning at 8 AM. This is a great chance for Fall 2015 high school seniors and their families to learn more about the university and meet with representatives from admissions, financial aid, academic, and student life departments. Students can register on line at www.duq.edu/duquesnefest.
Deuteronomy 4:32-34, 39-40
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 1,833.00 - May 24, 2015 Offertory
$ 488.00 - Debt Reduction
$ 50.00 - Because I Care
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,124.00- May 24, 2015 Offertory
$ 413.00 - Religious Education
$ 115.00 - Love Gifts (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope for St. Joseph Parish will be for repairs, and Christ the Light of the World Parish will be for Upkeep & Maintenance.