Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Stephen Gonos (M/M Ken Awenowicz)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - Anna Kosko (Jan Kunz / Kathy Kuszaj)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (Mel & Norma Achtzehn)
Monday - 12:00pm [HN] - No Mass
Tuesday - 12:00pm [HN] - In Honor of Holy Face of Jesus
Ash Wednesday - 7:00am [HN] - Service (Ashes & Communion)
Ash Wednesday - 12:00pm [HN] - Michael Maloney Jr. (Family)
Ash Wednesday - 6:00pm [HN] - Service (Ashes & Communion)
Thursday - 12:00pm [HN] - Joelle & George Mateya (Gram & Pap)
Friday - 8:00am [HN] - Rose Marcic (Angela Lia)
Saturday - 5:00pm [HN] - Paul Kuszaj (Cookie Radakovich)
Sunday - 9:00am [SJ] - Bob Novak (Joe & Debbie Stewart)
Sunday - 11:30am [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (Jean & Family)
Feb 21 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Jack Cherkes & Trey Manspeaker
Feb 22 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Ryan & Tyler Gedman
Feb 22 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Shane Kuszaj & Justin Molanick
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Debra McCrea Seropian, who died and rose to new life this week.
ASH WEDNESDAY LITRUGICAL SERVICES
- We will have a short distribution of ashes and communion service at 7:00 am in Holy Name Church. Mass with ashes at 12 noon in Holy Name Church. Distribution of Ashes and Communion at 6:00 pm in Holy Name Church.
- For the sick: Anyone wishing to take ashes to a sick relative or shut-in can do so by bringing a small envelope and picking up a SMALL amount of ashes after the services and Mass.
- Children: Since the reception of ashes is a sign of repentance, pre-school age children do not receive ashes.
ASH WEDNESDAY FISH FRY (adapted version)
- Menu: Fried Fish Dinners include Fish Sandwich, Coleslaw and Fresh-Cut French Fries $9. Al a Carte items include Haluski and Mac & Cheese $2 each. This year we will be serving buffet style from 11 am to 7 pm so that you can eat before or after services. Baked Goods will be available also.
- Volunteers Needed: Since the menu will be served buffet style we need volunteers to help serve as well as prep the day before. If you are willing to help in any way call Debbie Lesko at 412-297-1732 or email the rectory at email@example.com. Give a couple hours of your time for the good of the Parish.
- Donations: We are asking for donations of baked goods for the baked goods sale or pepsi, diet pepsi, ginger ale and water. Drop all these items off on Wednesday.
- We Deliver: We deliver orders to places of business, companies, stores, etc. For take-out call at (412-466-8960.)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Friday, February 20, 12 noon in Holy Name Church. Stations will be prayed every Friday at noon.
An answer to our prayers…we would like to thank the Valentovish Family who donated $1,581.31 to the parish to cover the cost of the new snow blower & hot water heater replacement in honor of their father and husband Eugene Valentovish.
Dear Fr. Dennis & Parishioners of Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes:
On behalf of all of us at Catholic Charities, thank you for considering our organization for your in-kind donation. Your gift of baby items was valued at $1,209.53. Gratitude and generosity are inseparably linked. Your generosity goes beyond simply giving financial support and other gifts; it is your generosity that continues to challenge Catholic Charities to work so hard to change the conditions that make it difficult for our participants to have enduring stability and security in their lives. Quite simply, we are honored to have donors like you who continue to make it possible for Catholic Charities to extend God’s grace and achieve our mission to help our neighbors in need. Susan Rauscher, Exec. Director
CONFIRMATION NEWS & DATES
We would like to announce that the diocese has informed us that the Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered to the 9th and 10th grade students of Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes on Monday, April 27, 2015 at 7 o’clock pm in the Holy Name Church. Bishop William Winter will be the presiding bishop.
- Baptism Certificates: Every confirmation candidate must get a copy of their baptismal certificate unless they were baptized in Holy Name, St. Hedwig or St. Joseph Church. Please give to Jim Roman by March 1st.
- Confirmation Sponsor: Every Confirmation candidate must choose a sponsor. They should be a practicing Catholic and have received the Sacraments of Iniation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.)
2015 INCOME TAX CONTRIBUTION STATEMENTS
Are available for any parishioner requesting one. You may call or email the rectory with your request (firstname.lastname@example.org.) They will be mailed on the Thursday of the week that you made the request.
As the years go by, our needs change and we must be ready to respond to them in a proactive way. We are aware that some of our elderly have become homebound and may like a visit from a parishioner. We are beginning to recruit the names and addresses of our homebound elderly and men & women visitors from our parishes who might wish to visit them. Once we get both lists, we will connect everyone together. Before we get started, we will have a training session for all the visitors.
- Expectations: you get to set the framework for your visit (i.e. times, days, etc.)
- Pray: Spend some time in prayer, asking the Lord if this is something you are being led to participate in – a ministry that could be fulfilling.
- Sign–up: If you have any questions, ask Fr. Dennis or Fr. Tom. If you wish to sign up an elderly homebound person or to be a visitor, call the rectory or go email Greg Lesko. (email@example.com )
BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP
Sponsored by the Pastoral Care Department at UPMC McKeesport. This 6-week series will begin Thursday, March 5th and continue through Thursday, April 9th from 1-2:30 PM. This group is open to anyone who has lost a loved one. It is free to the public. Parking tokens will be provided at registration. All sessions are confidential. To register call 412-664-2057.
We pay wages. We train you. We help you find employment. AARP-paid training program enables you to be trained and get paid for your training, as well as look for a job. Call AARP 412-271-1580.
Leviticus 13:1-2,44-46 1 Cor. 10:31-11:1 Mk. 1: 40-45
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
February 8, 2015 Offertory
Because I Care
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
February 8, 2015 Offertory
Upkeep & Maintenance
Love Gift Donations (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education.