5:00 pm [HN] - Malachi Urbini (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Magdaline Melnichak (Carol Pastrick family)
11:30 am [HN] - Joseph Sucevic (wife, Mary Ann & family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Helen & John Cicak (Al/Mirian Adams)
12:00 pm [HN] - John & Anna Merisko (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mike Jugan (M/M Tony Chepanoske)
12:00 pm [HN] - Jeanne Boyer (Maureen Kollar)
5:00 pm [HN] - 50th Wedding Anniversay – Larry/Donna Lusckay
9:00 am [SJ] - David Funk (Cain Family)
11:30 am [HN] - Elvera Lauris (Gemma Senay)
Oct 4 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Guest Servers
Oct 5 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Brittany Davis & Lucas Fagan
Oct 5 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Jack Cherkes & Gabrielle Emery
JOINT PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING
There will be a joint parish pastoral council meeting to be held on Tuesday, September 30th beginning at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall. Event chairpersons, as well as organization officers should be prepared to give reports. We will welcome our new “co-worker” Fr. Tom Lewandowski. All parishioners are welcome to attend and know what is going on in your parish.
HOMEMADE HOAGIE SALE
Our next hoagie sale will be held on the weekend of October 4/5. Anyone wishing to take orders for the workplace can do so. Volunteers: We will go back to our Saturday morning hoagie making event beginning at 8:00 am. We need lots of help to make this a 2 to 3 hour event.
CONFIRMATION DEDICATION SUNDAY
All confirmation candidates and their families are expected to attend this ritual on Sunday, October 5th at the 11:30 am Mass in Holy Name Church. The first class will be held immediately afterwards.
Congratulations to the family of Madelyn Claire Marasco, who is baptized this weekend.
We mailed “Confirmation contracts” to those 9th and 10th graders who are eligible to receive the sacrament in the Spring (to be eligible a student must have received three consecutive years of religious education in a CCD program or catholic school.)
- If the student is going to participate in the sacramental preparation process, then the signed contract must be returned to us by September 30th.
- If any Catholic school student in 9th or 10th grade didn't get a letter, give us a call and we will get one out to you.
Today, we are kicking off the fundraiser event for Seth Budai, who is a lifelong member and participant in both of our parishes. He has developed a rare form of cancer near the nerves next to his spine the size of a baseball. He needs one year of chemo/radiation. He will have to leave his teaching job and may have his medical benefits cut. The proceeds from this event will go towards his medical expenses.
- Date/Time/Place: Saturday, October 18, 2014 – Duquesne Annex Fire Hall, West Mifflin. 6:30 – 10:30 pm. Only 250 tickets to be sold. Entertainment – Judi Figel Trio.
- Tickets: Only 20 tickets remain. $30.00 each. Includes: dinner, water, soda, wine , beer. You must be 21 to attend. Call Debbie at the rectory or email@example.com. Send us your money and we will send your tickets. If you are sitting in a group let us know, so we can sit you together.
- Bring a cold appetizer or dessert or donate pop, beer, water: We don’t have facilities to cook. Cold Appetizers requested. Contact Mary Jane (Beresnyak) Davies at AuntieJoe321@aol.com or 412-466-8595 to coordinate items.
- Donate a Specialty Basket: Baskets for raffle - $50.00 minimum. Gift cards and lesser donations accepted. Contact Christina Ignat firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monetary donations: Mail to or drop off the rectory. Write “Sethstrong” on envelope and on check memo
- Prayer Bracelets: Yellow prayer bracelets – “Sethstrong” are available at the end of Mass the next two weekends and at the rectory during the week. We are asking for a donation for them.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the“Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in another religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments. Then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If interested or have any questions, call Fr. Dennis. We need to have you registered by the end of September
NIGHT AT THE RACES
Night at the Races is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus #4210 on Saturday, October 11 at Holy Trinity Church, West Mifflin. Admission - $5.00, Horses - $5.00. BYOB For tickets, call Matt Gracan (724-863-2211.)
The Jodie Matta – Dillinger Cancer Resource Center is having it’s annual gala on Nov. 1, 2014 at the Youghiogheny Country Club in Elizabeth. All proceeds from the event enable the center to offer 100% free service to cancer patients and their families. This year the JMD will honor it’s Cancer Care Champion – Reverend Dennis Colamarino. Tickets include: dinner, entertainment at $100 person/$175 couple. For tickets and information, call Cathy Matta (412-672-5330.)
A FAMILY NEEDS HELP
Tom Regina and his mother, Mary need upcoming temporary aide help. Mary needs help getting out of bed, washing and dressing each Sunday at 8 am and Friday at 7 am. For less than one hour - $20.00 per visit. If you find it in your heart to help, call Tom (412-466-4068.)
Ez. 18: 25 - 28 Philps. 2: 1 - 11 Mt. 21: 28 - 32
$ 5,089.00 - September 21, 2014 Offertory
$ 75.00 - Love Gifts (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep and Maintenance.