3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Jeff Lape & Tracey Douglas
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of Joseph & Anna Denne Family (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ken Younkin & Andy /Mary Skweres (Mary Louise )
11:30 am [HN] - Parents of Jack & Darlene Santone
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Martha Manns (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Raymond Newmyer (Krutz Nieces & Nephews)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Belback Jr. (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Terza Family (Martha)
3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Michael Dytko & Kayla Novak
5:00 pm [HN] - Al Andres (Mary Ann Maxwell)
9:00 am [SJ] - Olga Husar (Jean Tarabek)
11:30 am [HN] - John Bitkowski (Bernice & family)
Sept 20 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Alexandra Ernst & Calvin Terza
Sept 21 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Madison Deacon & Shane Kuszaj
Sept 21 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
BANNS OF MARRIAGE
III Michael Dytko (Pittsburgh) & Kayla Novak (CLW)
WELCOME FR. TOM LEWANDOWSKI
This week, Fr. Tom officially moved into Duquesne to begin his assignment and to usher in a new and exciting era for the churches of Duquesne. He and I anxiously await how this new ministry will unfold as co-workers. Needless to say this has been an exciting summer. There has been an energized spirit that has touched so many of us. We want to keep that alive and moving. May each of us do our part to make our parish a better place, filled with the presence of the Lord.
This week, we will be mailing “Confirmation contracts” to those 9th and 10th graders who are eligible to receive the sacrament in the Spring (to be eligible a student must have received 3 consecutive years of religious education in a CCD program or catholic school.) If the student is going to participate in the sacramental preparation process, then the signed contract must be returned to us by September 30th.
- Parents will also be receiving a letter explaining the process and how they can be a positive influence on their child. Jim & Angie Roman will be returning this year as instructors for the Confirmation class.
- If any Catholic school student in 9th or 10th grade doesn’t get a letter, give us a call and we will get one out to you ASAP.
WALK TO DEFEAT ALS
Last Saturday, over 500 people from both parishes and beyond joined together as “Team Fr. Dennis" and walked to defeat ALS. Fr. Dennis cut the ribbon to start the walk and we gathered at the fountain for a team photo. Check out the great photos on the CLW Facebook page. Thanks to all who walked, donated, raised funds, volunteered, organized, photographed, took the ice bucket challenge or in anyway participated in this joyful, love filled tribute to Fr. Dennis.
As of this writing, Team Fr. Dennis raised $68,585.90. And it is not over yet! You can still donate online or grab a donation form are around the church. Send them to the address on the form or mail to the rectory.
Today, we are kicking off the fundraiser event for Seth Budai, who is a lifelong member and participant in both of our parishes. He has developed a rare form of cancer near the nerves next to his spine the size of a baseball. He needs one year of chemo/radiation. He will have to leave his teaching job and may have his medical benefits cut. The proceeds from this event will go towards his medical expenses.
- Date/Time/Place: Saturday, October 18, 2014 – Duquesne Annex Fire Hall, West Mifflin. 6:30 – 10:30 pm. Only 250 tickets to be sold. Entertainment – Judi Figel Trio.
- Tickets: $30.00 each. Includes: dinner, water, soda, wine , beer. You must be 21 to attend. Call Debbie at the rectory or firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your money and we will send your tickets. If you are sitting in a group let us know, so we can sit you together.
- Bring a cold appetizer or dessert or donate pop, beer, water: We don’t have facilities to cook. Cold Appetizers requested. Contact Mary Jane (Beresnyak) Davies at AuntieJoe321@aol.com or 412-466-8595 to coordinate items.
- Donate a Specialty Basket: Baskets for raffle - $50.00 minimum. Gift cards and lesser donations accepted. Contact Christina Ignat email@example.com
- Monetary donations: Mail to or drop off the rectory. Write “Sethstrong” on envelope and on.check memo
FALL/WINTER WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS
Everyone is reminded to pay close attention and keep your weekly bulletin close at hand. In two short weeks, we will be returning to our “Fall and Winter Weekend Mass Schedule.” The schedule will be as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday morning – 9:00 am – St. Joseph; Sunday morning – 11:30 am – Holy Name.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the“Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in another religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments. Then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If interested or have any questions, call Fr. Dennis. We need to have you registered by the end of September
CPR & FIRST AID CLASS
We have scheduled this class for Sunday, September 28 after the 11:30 am Mass. It will be held in Holy Name Hall. If you would be interested in attending, contact Todd Bost (412-310-4543) or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like a minimum of 6 attendees.
NIGHT AT THE RACES
Night at the Races is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus #4210 on Saturday, October 11 at Holy Trinity Church, West Mifflin. Admission - $5.00, Horses - $5.00. BYOB For tickets, call Matt Gracan (724-863-2211.)
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN WORKSHOP
Holy Spirit Church, West Mifflin will host this workshop on Saturday, September 20 from 9 am – 12 noon in their religious education center. Please register online at www.diopitt.org.
Num. 21: 4 -9 Philps. 2: 6 - 11 Jn. 3: 13 -17
$ 4,831.75 - September 7, 2014 Offertory
$ 852.25 - Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 285.00 - Love Gifts (12)