5:00 pm [HN] - A. J. Laban (wife, Victoria)
8:30 am [SH] - Bob Novak (Anne Radakovich)
10:00 am [HN] - Anne Adams (children)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Johanna Hasiba (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Patrick McGhen III (Regina /Jesse Kamauf)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Steve Getner (children)
9:00 am [SJ] - Pamela Snyder Jenkins (Marge/Bill Karas)
11:30 am [HN] - Dominic/Mary Lamanna & Ed/Olga Guzewicz (Donna & Bob)
Sept 6 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Frank Provance & Shane Kuszaj
Sept 7 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Ryan & Tyler Gedman
Sept 7 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Aaron & Avi Adams
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the family of Allyson Michelle Dooen who is baptized this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Betty Fatula, who died and rose to new life this week.
BANNS OF MARRIAGE
I & II Jeff Lape (West Mifflin) & Tracey Douglas (St. Joseph)
I Michael Dytko (Pittsburgh) & Kayla Novak (CLW)
LETTER OF IMPORTANCE
This week, Fr. Dennis is mailing a letter to every registered family of both of our parishes. The past two months have resulted in some very significant changes that will affect every person in some way.
I want to be sure everyone is clear on the expectations that these changes have brought about. Since many people have been away or not at church this summer, it is imperative that everyone knows what is going on and how they are expected to respond and participate.
SEPTEMBER 6 & 7 - FALL/WINTER WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS
Everyone is reminded to pay close attention and keep your weekly bulletin close at hand. In two short weeks, we will be returning to our “Fall and Winter Weekend Mass Schedule.” The schedule will be as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday morning – 9:00 am – St. Joseph; Sunday morning – 11:30 am – Holy Name.
- Online registration: will begin August 1 and end August 31. After you registration is submitted, you will receive an auto response confirming your submitted registration. To register on line, go to our web page at www.christhelightoftheworld.org and click on the link to register.
- In Person Registration: will take place on Sunday, September 7th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. Teachers will be there to answer any of your questions. After this date, registrations will be closed and we will accept no other registrations.
- Other News: If you do not have access to a computer, then call Colleen before Sept. 4 at (412-461-8318.) Also, new students is K or 1st grade, who were baptized somewhere other than CLOW or St. Joseph need to submit a copy pf their baptismal certificate.
HOAGIE SALES BEGIN AGAIN
Our seasons first hoagie sale is scheduled for Sept. 6/7 – The Steeler opener. We will begin making the hoagies on Friday night, September 5 beginning at 4:00 pm. If any of the Saturday volunteers can help on Friday or new volunteers also can help, please call Doug Vranish (412-969-8222.)
WALK TO DEFEAT ALS
The ALS Association of Western Pa. is sponsoring a “Walk to Defeat ALS” on Saturday, Sept. 6 at Point State Park. Parishioners from Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph have started a team to participate in the walk in honor of Fr. Dennis called “Team Fr. Dennis.” You can join the team as a walker or donor. You can make a donation to a team walker or drop your donation in the collection or mail to the rectory. Our goal was to raise $10,000.00. So far, we have collected over $46,000.00 and have commitments from over 400 walkers.
- Walkers: Anyone wishing to walk (adults & children) MUST register. Register online or call Aggie (412-276-1222) for help to do so. You DO NOT have to register if you are just making a donation.
- Transportation: We have so many walkers, we have decided to provide buses for those going to walk – free of charge. Just call Larry Lusckay (412-466-8946) to reserve your seats. We will leave Holy Name Church at 8 am and return at 12 noon. Last day for bus seat registration is Sept. 3rd.
- Team T-Shirts: Both walkers and those who ordered extra shirts can pick them up in the Holy Name Hall after all Masses on this weekend of August 30/31. Everyone is asked to wear their “Team Shirt” to Mass next weekend.
- ANYONE: walking, just riding the bus, going to the event, being just a spectator MUST register. Park officials will not permit anyone in unless registered.
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
A fun filled afternoon is being planned at the Youghigheny Country Club on Sunday, September 14, 2014 (The Steelers are not playing that Sunday.) Come out and join in the fun and excitement of winning a designer purse! Doors open at 12 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Bingo begins at 2:00 pm.
- Prizes include Vera Bradley, Coach, Dooney & Burke, Tori Burch, Michael Kors and many other designers. There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50, and strip tickets. All proceeds will be split between Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes.
- Price is $30.00 per person, includes lunch. To order your’s, call the rectory or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org
- Get a bunch of your family members and friends for a “Ladies Day Out.”
- If anyone would like to donate a chinese auction basket or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, it would be greatly appreciated.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the“Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in another religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments. Then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If interested or have any questions, call Fr. Dennis. We need to have you registered by the end of September
NIGHT AT THE RACES
Night at the Races is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus #4210 on Saturday, October 11 at Holy Trinity Church, West Mifflin. Admission - $5.00, Horses - $5.00. BYOB For tickets, call Matt Gracan (724-863-2211.)
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN WORKSHOP
Holy Spirit Church, West Mifflin will host this workshop on Saturday, September 20 from 9 am – 12 noon in their religious education center. Please register online at www.diopitt.org.
Jer. 20: 7 - 9 Rms. 12: 1 - 2 Mt. 16: 21 - 27
$ 4,427.25 - August 24, 2014 Offertory
$ 287.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 1,699.00 - Mission Co-op ($849.50 split for both parishes)
SECOND ENVELOPE NEXT WEEKEND
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.