5:00 pm [HN] - Mark Bujdos (Janet Mc Bride)
8:30 am [SH] - Clara Jeroski (Ron/ Jeanne Dowdle)
10:00 am [HN] - Eleanor Rossner (Tom Piotrowski)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Bob Westerlund (Martha)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Rose Fagan (Christian Mothers)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
2:00 pm [SJ] - Wedding of Geoffrey Pucharski & Jill Harlacher
5:00 pm [HN] - Paul & Irene Simurda (Andy/Janet Fenus)
8:30 am [SH] - Magdaline Melnichak (Jeff/ Donna Baker)
10:00 am [HN] - 40th Wedding Anniversary – Bill & Jean Schleifer
July 12 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Lucas Fagan & Shane Kuszaj
July 13 - Saturday - 10:00 am - Jack Cherkes & Trey Manspeaker
Congratulations to the families of Stella Dee Canavan and Terrence John Zacharia, who are being baptized this weekend.
II Dan Wisniewski (Monroeville) & Julie Murray (CLW)
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Mary Jamrozik & Fr. Robert Turner (former assistant pastor at Holy Name and former pastor of St. Joseph who died and rose to new life with the Lord.
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET NEWS
This year, this event will be held July 11, 12, 14. This notice is given so that you can begin to gather your donations.
- Drop off times: WEEKDAYS: Monday thru Friday (9 am – 12 noon); WEEKENDS: Saturdays (9 am – 11 am), Sundays (9:30 am – 11:00 am.)
- Donations: We take just about everything in your house. We will not be accepting televisions, tires, any type of computer equipment or clothes.
- Chinese Auction: If anyone would like to donate a prize for the chinese auction, please feel free to do so. We only request newly purchased items with a minimal value of $50.00. Smaller prizes such as gift cards will be combined to make an appropriate prize.
- Volunteers: we need volunteers to work the days of the market such as outdoor set up, baked goods, food sales, etc. We especially this year will need help setting up the outdoor market which begins at 7 am the days of the sale. If you can help in this area, call Fr. Dennis.
- Food News and Donations: This years menu will include: Fried Chicken (Breast & leg) with Macaroni & Cheese, Hot dogs, Kielbasi & Kraut, Haluski, Potato & macaroni salads. If anyone would like to donate any food items: hot dogs, kielbasi, case of water, pepsi (diet or regular), to help cut down on costs, please do so. Call the rectory or email email@example.com.
- Baked Goods: we hope many of you will bake something for the baked goods sale, one or every day. Bring them to the hall the days of the sale.
- Roasters for Sale: We have had an influx of roasters (all working) donated this week. If anyone would like any call Joe Madar at the hall. We are selling them, for $15.00 each.
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
A fun filled afternoon is being planned at the Youghigheny Country Club on Sunday, September 14, 2014 (The Steelers are not playing that Sunday.) Come out and join in the fun and excitement of winning a designer purse! Doors open at 12 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Bingo begins at 2:00 pm.
- Prizes include Vera Bradley, Coach, Dooney & Burke, Tori Burch, Michael Kors and many other designers. There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50, and strip tickets. All proceeds will be split between Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes.
- Price is $30.00 per person, includes lunch. Tickets go on sale Monday, July 7. To order your’s, call the rectory or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org
- Get a bunch of your family members and friends for a “Ladies Day Out.”
- If anyone would like to donate a chinese auction basket or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, it would be greatly appreciated.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS
We have had some inquiries about religious education/CCD for the coming school year, so we thought we would give everyone a heads up on some things parents will need to know.
- Online registration: will be held the month of August and “in person registration” will be held at the beginning of September. Parents can choose which way they wish to register. Details, as well as registration deadlines will be published later in July.
- Confirmation: we will be celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring. The students in 9th and 10th grade this coming school year and who have attended three consecutive years of religious education will be eligible. Details will be published in September.
McKeesport Meals on Wheels is in need of drivers, delivery persons and kitchen help. One hour a week is all we need. Please consider being a volunteer to deliver hot meals. Contact Rose Marshall (412-672-1998) or Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732.)
CATHOLIC SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS FORMING
Catholic Grade School football is forming in the Mon Valley. This is for grades 7 & 8. Registration will take place on Tuesday, July 15 from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at Serra Catholic High School. No previous experience required. All equipment provided for every player. Practice begins Aug. 11.
The Hungarian Reformed Church of Duquesne will be making their cheregies for pick up on or around July 20 from 11:30 am – 3:00 pm. The cost is $7.00 a dozen. To place an order call Barbara (412-469-2185.)
Zech. 9: 9 - 10 Rms. 8: 9, 11 -13 Mt. 11: 25 - 30
$ 4,229.00 - June 29, 2014 Offertory
$ 619.00 - Utilities
$ 318.54 - Peter's Pence
$ 205.00 - Love Gift Donations (2)