5:00 pm [HN] - Angeline Ponist (M/M Paul Budai)
8:30 am [SH] - Frank & Louise Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Jack Onderisin (Sis & Dave)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Sucevic (wife & children)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - John Sebbens (Tom & Mary Ann Gray)
8:30 am [SH] - Lou Gaca (Agnes Seech)
10:00 am [HN] - Marge Pomaibo (husband & family)
Aug 2 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Madison Deacon & Owen Provident
Aug 3 - Saturday - 10:00 am - Maura Brennan & Falyn Carr
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Ann Kosko, Mario Catena & Carol Shaw, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this past week.
Congratulations to the family of Cole Robert Wengrzyn, who is baptized this weekend.
BANNS OF MARRIAGE
I Derek Severns (West Mifflin) & Ashley Molanick (CLW)
We offer CCD Classes for grades K thru 8 on Sundays (every other week) from 10 am – 11:15 am for registered families of Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes. Registration is Beginning!
- Online registration: will begin August 1 and end August 31. After you registration is submitted, you will receive an auto response confirming your submitted registration. To register on line, go to our web page at www.christhelightoftheworld.org and click on the link to register.
- In Person Registration: will take place on Sunday, September 7th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. Teachers will be there to answer any of your questions. After this date, registrations will be closed and we will accept no other registrations.
- Other News: If you do not have access to a computer, then call Colleen before Sept. 4 at (412-461-8318.) Also, new students is K or 1st grade, who were baptized somewhere other than CLOW or St. Joseph need to submit a copy pf their baptismal certificate.
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
A fun filled afternoon is being planned at the Youghigheny Country Club on Sunday, September 14, 2014 (The Steelers are not playing that Sunday.) Come out and join in the fun and excitement of winning a designer purse! Doors open at 12 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Bingo begins at 2:00 pm.
- Prizes include Vera Bradley, Coach, Dooney & Burke, Tori Burch, Michael Kors and many other designers. There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50, and strip tickets. All proceeds will be split between Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes.
- Price is $30.00 per person, includes lunch. Tickets go on sale Monday, July 7. To order your’s, call the rectory or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org
- Get a bunch of your family members and friends for a “Ladies Day Out.”
- If anyone would like to donate a chinese auction basket or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Volunteers: Anyone who may want to help in some capacity is invited to a volunteers meeting on Monday, August 4 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall.
2nd ANNUAL JOINT PARISH FAMILY PICNIC
Plans are well under way for our second annual joint parish family picnic. For the 200 people that attended last year, it was quite the memorable experience. We hope to build on that momentum and have even a bigger, better fun filled experience for everyone of all ages.
- When/Where: It will be held on Sunday, August 24 from 1 – 7 pm at the West Mifflin Social Club, 4025 Irene St., West Mifflin.
- Featuring: Kids games and prizes, horseshoes, volleyball, corn hole games, music & dancing. Menu includes: Hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork and more covered dishes, salads desserts and appetizers than you could imagine.
- Planning Meeting/Volunteers: There will be a planning meeting on Thursday, July 24th at 6:30 pm in the [HN] Hall. We need some volunteers the day of the picnic to set up tables, serve food & drink, help with games and activities. If you can help, come to the meeting or call Doug Vranish (412-969-8222.)
- Reservations: ARE OPEN NOW!!! Kristie England will take reservations and side dish requests @412-616-2596 or email@example.com and Dave Pribish will take dessert requests @412-726-0415. We are asking for everyone to bring a side dish or dessert and pop or water.
ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY NEWS
This week, we were notified that this month the water usage at St. Joseph Cemetery was 86,000 gallons/ one day was 2,000 gallons. We think it is an underground break. The water has been shut off and so until this problem is resolved, please take advantage of two other water sources for your plants – bring some with you from home or wait for God to respond with rain.
GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
The Diocese of Pittsburgh will be having its annual celebration for all couples celebrating 50 years of marriage. It will be held on Sunday, October 12 at 2:30 pm in St. Paul Cathedral. Any golden anniversary couple wishing to receive an invitation from the Diocese should call the rectory and leave your name, address and phone by August 10. These will then be forwarded to the Diocese.
SAVE THE DATE: MEN'S RETREAT
We would like all men of our parishes to consider making a retreat with other men of our parishes this year. It will be held at St. Paul Monastery, Southside on Sept. 26 thru 28. This years theme is: “Bringing Hope and Compassion to a Hurting World.” Contacts and other info will be forth coming.
DUQUESNE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER
Second Annual Barbequed Chicken Dinner (Half chicken & 2 sides); Saturday, August 9 from 11am – 6 pm. Hosted by the VFW Duquesne; 215 N. Second St. Dine In or take Out.
Overnight trip to Senaca Niagra Casino. October 15 & 16. Call Mel (412-466-3461) if interested.
Support your Volunteer Firefighters and help save a life. Sunday, August 3 – Hero- Homeville VFC, Greensprings Ave., West Mifflin. 12 pm – 5 pm.
1 Kgs. 3: 7 - 12 Rms. 8: 28 - 30 Mt. 13: 44 - 52
$ 4,534.65 - July 13, 2014 Offertory
$ 125.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope wil be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.