5:00 pm [HN] - Lou Richards (wife & children)
8:30 am [SH] - Frank & Mary Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - James Eisenhuth (Paul & Colleen Budai)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - John & Theresa Ragan (Bill & Mary)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Carl & Catherine Pellasce (sister, Mary)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Mark Bujdos (Janet McBride)
8:30 am [SH] - Clara Jeroski (Ron/ Jeanne Dowdle)
10:00 am [HN] - Eleanor Rossner (Tom Piotrowski)
July 5 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Aaron Adams & Calvin Terza
July 6 - Saturday - 10:00 am - Joe Mellon & Paul Ruhl
Congratulations to the families of Mia Bella Leber and Falyn Victoria Sekely, who are being baptized this weekend.
I Dan Wisniewski (Monroeville) & Julie Murray (CLW)
And, whatever you do in word and in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God, the Father through Him – Cols. 3:17
Dear Christ the Light of the World & St. Joseph Parish Families:
It is with great joy and much affection that I was able to celebrate one of my Masses of Thanksgiving at my very first home parish. I received all of my sacraments prior to Holy Orders at the beautiful church of Holy Name. It was a great honor to be able to celebrate the Eucharist with you on that day. Thank you for being such an important part of my ministry You will always remain a cherished part of my life and part of my beloved roots of my faith.
I thank God for our many moments together. I thank Him for the opportunity of this celebration with all of you which through your participation and efforts became such a wonderful liturgical and community event and memory. I thank Fr. Dennis, for his supportive caring, his sharing his many gifts and his mentoring not only during this time of ordination but throughout the thirty years I have known him. hank you to the parish staff, the volunteers, those serving in ministry with your special talents to make my experiences at these parishes so beautiful and Spirit-filled. And deep heartfelt appreciation goes out to all of YOU for the wonderful reception you held to honor me, my family and friends. You touched my heart with your outpouring of love and caring. What a joy to see many of you on that day making it such a memorable one.
And I especially thank you for your continued prayers as I begin this first step in my new ministry. I look forward to the future as we can celebrate again together in praise and thanksgiving of God and in thanksgiving for each other. God’s Blessings, Fr. John Adams
JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING REPORT
We would like to report that this year’s outing realized a profit of $10,885.57. Thanks to everyone who made this feat possible. Each parish will be issued a check for $5,000.00. The rest will be used as a down payment for next year’s outing.
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET NEWS
This year, this event will be held July 11, 12, 14. This notice is given so that you can begin to gather your donations.
- Drop off times: WEEKDAYS: Monday thru Friday (9 am – 12 noon); WEEKENDS: Saturdays (9 am – 11 am), Sundays (9:30 am – 11:00 am.)
- Donations: We take just about everything in your house. We will not be accepting televisions, tires, any type of computer equipment or clothes.
- Chinese Auction: If anyone would like to donate a prize for the chinese auction, please feel free to do so. We only request newly purchased items with a minimal value of $50.00. Smaller prizes such as gift cards will be combined to make an appropriate prize.
- Volunteers: we need volunteers to work the days of the market such as outdoor set up, baked goods, food sales, etc. We especially this year will need help setting up the outdoor market which begins at 7 am the days of the sale. If you can help in this area, call Fr. Dennis.
- Food News and Donations: This years menu will include: Fried Chicken (Breast & leg) with Macaroni & Cheese, Hot dogs, Kielbasi & Kraut, Haluski, Potato & macaroni salads. If anyone would like to donate any food items: hot dogs, kielbasi, case of water, pepsi (diet or regular), to help cut down on costs, please do so. Call the rectory or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baked Goods: we hope many of you will bake something for the baked goods sale, one or every day. Bring them to the hall the days of the sale.
- Roasters for Sale: We have had an influx of roasters (all working) donated this week. If anyone would like any call Joe Madar at the hall. We are selling them, for $15.00 each.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE REPORT
To date, we have received $16,612.00 in outright donations and pledge payments towards our goal of $54,961.00. This leaves us a balance of $38,349.00. We hope that everyone will choose to participate at some level. This is a bill that we must pay by the end of the year.
Last year, we went over our goal by almost $10,000.00 and thus were able to do needed repairs. All the overage PSP monies that come in are 100% tax free for our parish. If 383 people give a donation of $100.00, we will hit and go over our goal easily. However, smaller and larger donations are gratefully accepted.
Food for thought: How about considering donating one day’s gambling expenses at the casino? Remember, it is at the church that your grandchildren are baptized; at the church that your children are married; at the church that your loved ones are buried – not at the casino.
McKeesport Meals on Wheels is in need of drivers, delivery persons and kitchen help. One hour a week is all we need. Please consider being a volunteer to deliver hot meals. Contact Rose Marshall (412-672-1998) or Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732.)
CATHOLIC SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS FORMING
Catholic Grade School football is forming in the Mon Valley. This is for grades 7 & 8. Registration will take place on Tuesday, July 15 from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at Serra Catholic High School. No previous experience required. All equipment provided for every player. Practice begins Aug. 11.
Acts 12: 1 - 11 2 Tim. 4: 6 -8, 17 -18 Mt. 16: 13 - 19
$ 3,672.60 - June 22, 2014 Offertory
$ 343.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 240.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND COLLECTION
Next week's second collection will be for Parish Upkeep and Maintenance.