5:00 pm [HN] - J. Terrence Farrell (Ron/Elaine Panek)
8:30 am [SH] - Joseph Serenka (Al Petruzzi)
10:00 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Fr. James Susany (Pat/Jhon Beckinger)
12:00 pm [HN] - J. Terrance Farrell (Belinda)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - Noramae DiPaolo (Bill Bevan)
3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Bart Hilwig & Traci Rendulic
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Westerlund Family (Martha)
8:30 am [SH] - Josephine Adams (DoDo Sakson)
10:00 am [HN] - Richard Bevan (Faye Domer)
June 7 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Trey & Trent Manspeaker
June 8 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Katrina Janusek & Madison Deacon
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Judy Ahern, who has come to join our parish this week.
Congratulations to the family of Dylan John Olenak who is being baptized this weekend.
III Bart Hilwig (Elizabeth) & Traci Rendulic (CLW)
II Joseph Mahoney & Alexis Tonaccio (Weirton, W. Va.)
PENTECOST SUNDAY IS JUNE 8
Next weekend, we will be celebrating the Feast of Pentecost. Everyone is asked to wear something “RED” to Mass that weekend as a sign of our faith being fully alive in the Spirit of Jesus.
BABY ITEMS NEEDED
Catholic Charities Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program needs our help to help their Moms and babies. The items being requested are: Diapers – Size 1, 2, 3, Similac Advanced formula and bottles, baby food (fruit and vegetable), new or gently used baby clothing (newborn to 12 months,) baby hygiene items – wipes, lotions, diaper rash crème, etc., receiving blankets, bibs, socks, pacifiers.
We will be accepting donations for 3 weeks in June (June 1, 8 & 15). Drop the items off in the containers provided in the vestibules of the churches.
2014 PARISH SHARE PRORAM UNDERWAY (FINALLY)
This week, we are kicking off our 2014 annual Parish Share Program. This year, we are initiating the program almost 4 months later because I didn’t want to conflict with the “Church Alive Capital Campaign.” Even though they are being conducted simultaneously in the same year, we are still responsible to meet the goal that has been set. Invitations are being sent to all registered members.
- Our assessment for this year is $54,961.00. This amount represents 17.6% of our total assessable income last year from our parish. You may make an outright donation or extend a pledge over 8 months. Each month you willl receive a reminder for the balance due. Put your pledge/donation in an envelope marked “PSP”, drop it in the collection or mail to the rectory. If we don’t meet our goal and pay this bill we will have to take it from parish savings.
- Last year, 2013, we went over our goal by $9,690.00. This overage was largely due to people figuring out that parish share money is 100% credited to the parish tax-free. This was seen in people making extra donations in the extra PSP envelope in the monthly packet and instead of making donations to out of parish second collections putting that donation towards Parish Share.
- Thanks to everyone who does their part in these extra ways to keep our parishes viable for the future.
We have a couple items to report for your information concerning to St. Joseph and Holy Name Cemeteries. St. Joseph Cemetery: This past week, one of our 2 tractor lawn mowers broke and parts had to be ordered for repairs. For those of you who are used to seeing the cemetery always manicured perfectly, may see a slight difference. The crew is doing their best to keep up with the rain and grass growing. Your patience is expected and appreciated. Holy Name Cemetery: The life size cross at the entrance of the cemetery had to be removed. It was rotting and in danger of falling. We are looking into acquiring a “Jesus, The Good Shepherd” statue and making that area a memorial prayer space and garden sometime in the near future.
As these issues unfold, we may be inviting you to make these “parish ONLY” donations, to resolve these inconveniences.
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET NEWS
This year, this event will be held July 11, 12, 14. This notice is given so that you can begin to gather your donations. We will start accepting donations on Wednesday, June 18 at 9:00 am. We will not be accepting televisions, tires, any type of computer equipment.
10TH ANNUAL "ED CAPRISTO" MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING NEWS
This annual event is taking shape and we are beginning in earnest to make plans for another fantastic, successful event. It will be held this year on Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club. Some things for you to make note of as well as anticipate:
- Parishioner Participation: Your participation is vital for the outings success, as well as keeping our parishes viable.
- Be a Golfer: ONLY 128 golfers –first come, first served. Remember, we sell out every year. New golfers can get golf forms from the churches or call the rectory.
- Volunteer: We need helpers to work the event that day. There is lots to do. If you can spend the day with us give chairman, Marty Schorr (412-780-9485.)
- Donate: Something for the “Basket of Cheer Extravaganza.” This year is a Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball theme. Drop off your donation (bottle of wine, harder liquor, case of beer, snacks, etc) at the rectory or call Chris Drecnik (412-673-5814) or Maggie Luther (412-751-5880.)
- Specialty Basket: Donate a specialty basket ($50.00 value) to be raffled at the outing. Call Jean Schleifer (412-466-3300)
- Join us for dinner: Come join us for dinner and some fun and fellowship. Dinner ONLY guests is $35.00. Call the rectory with your reservations.
- All Cash Raffle: This week, parishioners were mailed (4) four raffle tickets. This “All Cash” raffle will go off June 16. It is the 4 digit PA evening lottery number. Each ticket has 2 possible winning numbers. Donation is $2.00. The winning ticket will get $1,000.00; the number above and below will receive $250.00. BONUS PRIZE: If one of the three winning numbers hits again on July 4, 2014, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize. These tickets can make a great Father’s Day gift. How about buying some extra tickets.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN WORKSHOP
For all parish volunteers who have not yet taken this workshop in order to be incompliance with the Safe Environment Policy of the Diocese. It will be held on Wednesday, June 18 from 6:30 – 9:30 pm in Holy Angels Parish, 4088 Baldwin Rd., Pgh. 15207. Register, call Elaine Garfold (412-461-6906 x 23.)
FREE STROKE SCREENING
To be held on Friday, June 13 at Jefferson Hospital from 8 am – 12 noon. Ages 18 and over welcome. No insurance required. Screening includes: Stroke risk survey, total cholesterol and HDL, blood sugar level, blood pressure check, body fat analysis. Registration is preferred. Call 412-469-7100.
Acts 1: 12 - 14 1 Peter 4: 13 - 16 Jn. 17: 1- 11
$ 4,738.50 - May 25, 2014 Offertory
$ 7,475.00 - Easter Bunny Raffle Profit
$ 516.10 - Parish Religious Education
$ 90.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)