2:30 pm [HN] - Wedding of Joseph Bytzura & Tara Zubeck
5:00 pm [HN] - Andrew/Lena Bondi & Steve Mols (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Peter Jeroski (children & grandchildren)
10:00 am [HN] - Frank Pych (daughters)
12:00 pm [HN] - Bridget Midla (Holly Opatick)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Whitey Waugaman (Schleifer Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - Ethyle Blair (Andrechak Family)
5:00 pm [HN] - Bess Stipetich/Eleanor Shroads/Phyllis Nestor (Garret & Carol)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of the Toboz & Lusckay Familes (Larry & Donna)
10:00 am [HN] - Mary Sporio & Inez Rappachietta (Frank & Louise)
May 10 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Maura Brennan & Schae Binger
May 11 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Trey & Trent Manspeaker
I Bradley Dillon (West Mifflin) & Kaylee Evans (CLW)
41 AND COUNTING
This Monday, May 5, I will be celebrating my 41st anniversary of ordination to the priesthood with my classmates who were ordained with me on May 5th 1973. We will be gathering at St. Maria Goretti Parish in Bloomfield on Tuesday for Mass and a meal. We had 27 priests ordained that year; 17 of us are still working, 5 have died and 5 have left the ministry and are married. The class of 1973 was the biggest class ever to be ordained for the Diocese. Some of my classmates who may be familiar to you are: Dave Schorr, Tom Dansak, and Lou Vallone. Please keep us all in your prayers, as age and illness have begun to take its toll on many of us, so we can continue to serve you — the Church we love.
CONGRATULATIONS FIRST COMMUNICANTS
Congratulations to the children who made their first Holy Communion the last two weekends: Anna Beresnyak, Bella Beresnyak, Evan Bost, Emmett Chesleigh, Ella Rae Dindak, Anthony Ferrier, Scott Gamble, Ronnie Katchur, Abby Kirkwood, Corey Kuszaj, Tristen Lippert, Cody Makar, Lucas Newmyer, Jillian Porter, Jackson Spence, Alyssa Terza, Madison Thomas, Kaitlyn Yoder, Sophia Zabelsky, Gabe Ward.
Parents are reminded to have their children attend one of the three weekend Masses on May 10/11. Have them wear their communion outfits. They will come to communion so everyone in the parish can see them.
SUMMER WEEKEND MASS SCHEUDLE
This weekend, we are starting our “summer weekend Mass schedule.” Please make note of the times and places. Saturday, 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday, 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday, 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 4 thru August 31.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE WINNERS
(Y – Yellow Ticket, B – Blue Ticket) April 20 - #579 – Y (not bought), B (Garnet Hoffman); April 21 - #244 – Y (Ray Bodnar), B (not bought); April 22 - #773 – Y (not bought), B (not bought); April 23 – #036 - Y (not bought), B (not bought).
10TH ANNUAL "ED CAPRISTO" MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING NEWS
This annual event is taking shape and we are beginning in earnest to make plans for another fantastic, successful event. It will be held this year on Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club. Some things for you to make note of as well as anticipate:
- Invitations: This week all of our business friends, as well as those who have golfed in the past were sent invitations to participate with donations, signage or golfing in a foursome. ONLY 128 golfers –first come, first served. Remember, we sell out every year. New golfers can get golf forms from the churches or call the rectory.
- Parishioner Participation: There is an attachment to this week’s bulletin on the many ways all of our parishioners are invited to participate. Your participation is vital for the outings success, as well as keeping our parishes viable.
- All Cash Raffle: In the next week or so, parishioners will be mailed (4) four raffle tickets. This “All Cash” raffle will go off June 16. It is the 4 digit PA evening lottery number. Each ticket has 2 possible winning numbers. Donation is $2.00. The winning ticket will get $1,000.00; the number above and below will receive $250.00. BONUS PRIZE: If one of the three winning numbers hits again on July 4, 2014, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize. These ticket can make a great Father’s Day gift.
SAVE THE DATES
- 10th Annual Golf Outing – Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club
- Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market – July 11, 12, 14 – [HN] Hall
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 24 – Mifflin Social Club
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 7 – Youghigheny Golf Club (anyone wishing to make a donation for the purchase of a “Designer Purse” should contact Debbie Stewart (412-596-5405) or Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org . All proceeds will be split equally between both parishes. Stay tuned to the bulletin each week for all the details of these events so you can participate!!
ALTAR SERVER TRAINING
We have had about half a dozen boys and girls sign up to be trained as altar servers. We will be scheduling the training sessions during the month of May. We will be giving you a call and inform you through the bulletin.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
- FYI – For your information: If you received 2 pledge cards, you only need to fill out one and return it to us. The second was a reminder sent to everyone. We had no way of separating those who had returned and those to be reminded. ALSO, for those of you who made pledges, the company overseeing this campaign will send you your reminder. All pledge payments are to be made to them and not to the parish.
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
- Our Targets: Christ the Light of the World has 66% of its goal & St. Joseph has 61 % of its goal.
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Stay tuned! Next weekend the latest pledged/ donated figures to be given.
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection. People are still participating so you can too whenever you wish.
Resurrection/St. Rita Parishes, West Mifflin are hosting a “parish mission” May 5 -7 at 7:00 pm. The mission will be led by Deacons Ensley and Hermann. Topics include: Coping with the hurts of life; letting God heal us; new life after loss.
Acts 2: 14, 22 - 23 1 Peter 1: 17 - 21 Lk. 24: 13 -35
$ 3,163.85 - April 27, 2014 Offertory
$ 672.80 - Parish Religious Education
$ 823.00 - Utilities
$ 1,674.51 - Holy Thursday Coin Offering
$ 1,494.00 - Memorial Easter Flowers
$ 560.00 - Love Gift Donations (3)