5:00 pm [HN] - Olga Husar (Vukovich children)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Helen Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - Paul Denne Family (M/M Aiden Denne)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Jennie Boyer (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Jean Hodgson (family)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
2:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Bradley Dillon & Kaylee Evans
5:00 pm [HN] - Patricia Anderson (Joseph Kotulsky & Anderson Family)
8:30 am [SH] - Ramon Jakub (Do Do Sakson)
10:00 am [HN] - Albert & Barbara Melnichak (Ernst Family)
May 24 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Shane Kuszaj & Frank Provance
May 25 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Brittany Davis & Madison Deacon
III Bradley Dillon (West Mifflin) & Kaylee Evans (CLW)
SUMMER WEEKEND MASS SCHEUDLE
We have started our “summer weekend Mass schedule.” Please make note of the times and places. Saturday, 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday, 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday, 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes until August 31.
TRAINING NEW ALTAR SERVERS
We have scheduled the training for our “new altar servers.” It will be held on Saturday morning, May 31 at 9:00 am in Holy Name church. This training is for all those who signed up a few months ago and for anyone else who may now want to be part of this ministry. The training will be about one hour.
Until we get the new servers trained, you may find a glitch on your electronically generated schedules, since we need to have a name posted. For now, FOLLOW the server schedule in the bulletin.
CHRISTIAN MOTHER'S NEWS
The Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, May 20 in the [HN] Hall at 6:30 pm and celebrate a May Crowning of the Blessed Mother. Cake and ice cream will be served. All are welcome.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE WINNERS
(Y – Yellow Ticket, B – Blue Ticket) May 8 - #338 – Y (Michelle Haupt), B (Mary Stipetich); May 9 - #004 – Y (not bought), B (not bought); May 10 - #919 – Y (not bought), B (Teresa Isadore); May 11 – #015 - Y (Kayla Novak), B (Marge White); May 12 - #086 – Y (not bought), B (not bought); May 13 - #541 – Y (Jackie Sadinsky), B (not bought).
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET NEWS
This year, this event will be held July 11, 12, 14. This notice is given so that you can begin to gather your donations. We will start accepting donations on Wednesday, June 18 at 9:00 am. Details about all the donation times will be published in the coming weeks. We will not be accepting televisions, tires, any type of computer equipment.
10TH ANNUAL "ED CAPRISTO" MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING NEWS
This annual event is taking shape and we are beginning in earnest to make plans for another fantastic, successful event. It will be held this year on Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club. Some things for you to make note of as well as anticipate:
- Parishioner Participation: Your participation is vital for the outings success, as well as keeping our parishes viable.
- Be a Golfer: ONLY 128 golfers –first come, first served. Remember, we sell out every year. New golfers can get golf forms from the churches or call the rectory.
- Volunteer: We need helpers to work the event that day. There is lots to do. If you can spend the day with us give chairman, Marty Schorr (412-780-9485.)
- Donate: Something for the “Basket of Cheer Extravaganza.” This year is a Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball theme. Drop off your donation (bottle of wine, harder liquor, case of beer, snacks, etc) at the rectory or call Chris Drecnik (412-673-5814) or Maggie Luther (412-751-5880.)
- Specialty Basket: Donate a specialty basket ($50.00 value) to be raffled at the outing. Call Jean Schleifer (412-466-3300)
- Join us for dinner: Come join us for dinner and some fun and fellowship. Dinner ONLY guests is $35.00. Call the rectory with your reservations.
- All Cash Raffle: This week, parishioners were mailed (4) four raffle tickets. This “All Cash” raffle will go off June 16. It is the 4 digit PA evening lottery number. Each ticket has 2 possible winning numbers. Donation is $2.00. The winning ticket will get $1,000.00; the number above and below will receive $250.00. BONUS PRIZE: If one of the three winning numbers hits again on July 4, 2014, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize. These tickets can make a great Father’s Day gift. How about buying some extra tickets.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Christ the Light of the World - $334,450.00 St. Joseph - $133,300.00
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
IMPORTANT CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS (for those who made pledges)
- Once you make your initial “pledge,” please sit tight and wait for your statement to come in the mail from the company who is conducting this campaign for the Diocese. It may take a while because of the volume of pledges.
- When you receive your statement, mail it back to the company with your payment. Use the envelope provided. You should notice that the address is not the parish but the “Church Alive” Campaign headquarters.
- DO NOT drop your pledge payments in the collection or mail them to the rectory. They will have to be returned to you. We are not permitted to put these funds through our accounting system.
- Once the monies are sent to the company, at some point we will start receiving checks from them. I think they will be sending our reimbursement every quarter.
- Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, you have exceeded the expectations of many.
DONATE YOUR CAR, HELP THE NEED, RECEIVE A TAX DEDUCTION
CARS FOR HELP: a 501(c) 3 not for profit organization, is using vehicle donations to support Christian churches and parishes across the USA to help people who are suffering through difficult times. If you would like to donate a vehicle in any condition, receive a tax donation and help your church do its great mission work, please visit www.CarsForHelp or call directly (630-595-9272.) With mention of this bulletin, 50% of you vehicle donation proceeds will go directly to our parish.
Acts 6: 1 - 7 1 Peter 2: 4 - 9 Jn. 14: 1 - 12
$ 4,762.32 - May 11, 2014 Offertory
$ 180.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)