5:00 pm [HN] - Bess Stipetich/Eleanor Shroads/Phyllis Nestor (Garret & Carol)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of the Toboz & Lusckay Familes (Larry & Donna)
10:00 am [HN] - Mary Sporio & Inez Rappachietta (Frank & Louise)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Louis & Rose Krutz (Ron /Hilda Krutz)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Sucevic (wife, Mary Ann & children)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Olga Husar (Vukovich children)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Helen Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - Paul Denne Family (M/M Aiden Denne)
May 17 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Dylan & Alexandra Ernst
May 18 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Aaron & Autumn Adams
II Bradley Dillon (West Mifflin) & Kaylee Evans (CLW)
SUMMER WEEKEND MASS SCHEUDLE
We have started our “summer weekend Mass schedule.” Please make note of the times and places. Saturday, 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday, 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday, 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes until August 31.
IMPORTANT CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS (for those who made pledges)
- Once you make your initial “pledge,” please sit tight and wait for your statement to come in the mail from the company who is conducting this campaign for the Diocese. It may take a while because of the volume of pledges.
- When you receive your statement, mail it back to the company with your payment. Use the envelope provided. You should notice that the address is not the parish but the “Church Alive” Campaign headquarters.
- DO NOT drop your pledge payments in the collection or mail them to the rectory. They will have to be returned to you. We are not permitted to put these funds through our accounting system.
- Once the monies are sent to the company, at some point we will start receiving checks from them. I think they will be sending our reimbursement every quarter.
- Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, you have exceeded the expectations of many.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
The Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, May 20 in the [HN] Hall and celebrate a May Crowning of the Blessed Mother. Cake and ice cream will be served. All are welcome.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE WINNERS
(Y – Yellow Ticket, B – Blue Ticket) May 1 - #206 – Y (Helen Anastas), B (not bought); May 2 - #963 – Y (not bought), B (Jason Martin); May 3 - #150 – Y (not bought), B (not bought); May 4 – #233 - Y (Becky Carr), B (not bought); May 5 - #496 – Y (Ray Majzer), B (Dan Piskor); May 6 - #343 – Y (not bought), B (not bought), May 7 - #293 – Y (Lori Achtzehn), B (not bought.)
10TH ANNUAL "ED CAPRISTO" MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING NEWS
This annual event is taking shape and we are beginning in earnest to make plans for another fantastic, successful event. It will be held this year on Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club. Some things for you to make note of as well as anticipate:
- Invitations: This week all of our business friends, as well as those who have golfed in the past were sent invitations to participate with donations, signage or golfing in a foursome. ONLY 128 golfers –first come, first served. Remember, we sell out every year. New golfers can get golf forms from the churches or call the rectory.
- Parishioner Participation: There is an attachment to this week’s bulletin on the many ways all of our parishioners are invited to participate. Your participation is vital for the outings success, as well as keeping our parishes viable.
- All Cash Raffle: In the next week or so, parishioners will be mailed (4) four raffle tickets. This “All Cash” raffle will go off June 16. It is the 4 digit PA evening lottery number. Each ticket has 2 possible winning numbers. Donation is $2.00. The winning ticket will get $1,000.00; the number above and below will receive $250.00. BONUS PRIZE: If one of the three winning numbers hits again on July 4, 2014, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize. These tickets can make a great Father’s Day gift.
SAVE THE DATES
- 10th Annual Golf Outing – Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club
- Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market – July 11, 12, 14 – [HN] Hall
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 24 – Mifflin Social Club
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 7 – Youghigheny Golf Club (anyone wishing to make a donation for the purchase of a “Designer Purse” should contact Debbie Stewart (412-596-5405) or Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org . All proceeds will be split equally between both parishes. Stay tuned to the bulletin each week for all the details of these events so you can participate!!
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Christ the Light of the World - $333,050.00 St. Joseph - $132,570.00
- FYI – For your information: If you received 2 pledge cards, you only need to fill out one and return it to us. The second was a reminder sent to everyone. We had no way of separating those who had returned and those to be reminded. ALSO, for those of you who made pledges, the company overseeing this campaign will send you your reminder. All pledge payments are to be made to them and not to the parish.
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection. People are still participating so you can too whenever you wish.
DONATE YOUR CAR, HELP THE NEED, RECEIVE A TAX DEDUCTION
CARS FOR HELP: a 501(c) 3 not for profit organization, is using vehicle donations to support Christian churches and parishes across the USA to help people who are suffering through difficult times. If you would like to donate a vehicle in any condition, receive a tax donation and help your church do its great mission work, please visit www.CarsForHelp or call directly (630-595-9272.) With mention of this bulletin, 50% of you vehicle donation proceeds will go directly to our parish.
Acts 2: 14, 36 - 41 1 Peter 2: 20 - 25 Jn. 10: 1 - 10
$ 5,269.70 - May 4, 2014 Offertory
$ 704.50 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 1,045.00 - Love Gift Donations (3)