5:00 pm [HN] - Novak & Legerski Families (DoDo)
9:00 am [SJ] - David Wilson (Pat Jordan)
11:30 am [HN] - J. Terrance Farrell (Ron/Elaine Panek)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Tim Kamauf (Reggie Kamauf Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joelle /George Mateya (Gram & Pap Adams)
12:00 pm [HN] - Michael Sokol (Agnes Magdic)
8:00 am [HN] - Ted Sabolcik (Duq. Planning Commission)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
5:00 pm [HN] - Al Andres (Andres Family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ron Katchur (Joe/Melissa Ernst)
11:30 am [HN] - Mike/Ann Liposky (Jack &Anita Proksa)
April 12 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Dylan Ernst & Katina Janusek
April 13 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Madison Deacon
April 13 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Aaron & Autumn Adams
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, April 13 in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am – 1:30 pm. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, home fries, French toast, fresh fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: adults - $7.00, family special: children (1st child - 12 & under) - $4.00 – other children eat free.
- Volunteer: we need volunteers that morning to serve. If you can help, call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or email@example.com.
- Make a Donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray costs, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection. Mark the envelope “BREAKFAST.”
- Baked Goods: If anyone would like to donate baked goods to be sold, bring them to the hall that morning.
EASTER FLOWER SALE
We will be selling a variety of Easter flowers on Palm Sunday weekend. Some of the varieties are lilies, hyacinths, hydrangeas, tulips and others at various prices.
Congratulations to Tyler Gedman and Max Logue from St. Joseph Parish who have completed their instruction for the Ad Altare Dei religious award. It will be presented to them at St. Paul Cathedral this Sunday. They are boy scouts from Troop 4 in Munhall.
SAVE THE DATES
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, April 15 beginning with the rosary at 11:45 am followed by Mass in Holy Name Church. Afterwards, the annual salad bar will take place in the hall. All members are asked to bring a salad or donate $5.00 to defray costs. Reservations will be taken by chairwomen, Victoria Laban (412-521-0740) or Ethel Crunkleton (412-469-1354). All reservation are due by Sunday, April 13. $5.00 dues for 2014 may be paid also. Let’s call celebrate Spring and plan to attend.
LENTEN OUTREACH PARTICIPATIONFeed the Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.”
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
This week, we will be mailing out our annual “Easter Bunny Raffle Tickets.” Hopefully, everyone will make this raffle a success by purchasing the tickets sent to you. These raffles help keep our parish financially stable. The daily winner will be determined by the PA nightly 3 digit Lottery Number. Each ticket is $10.00. The raffle begins on Easter Sunday and concludes May 20, 2014. Daily winners win $100.00 except Easter and Mother’s Day the winner gets $200.00.
- Extras: If anyone could buy a few extras, especially St. Joseph parishioners because they have a small family population all the tickets don’t get purchased. CLW has 2 colored tickets so all their families get to participate.
- Easter Basket Gifts: Instead of candy, how about purchasing a ticket to put in your children or grandchildren’s Easter basket.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
The “Capital Campaign –The Church Alive” has gotten off to a brisk start!
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
- Our Targets: Christ the Light of the World’s target is $445,000.00 and St. Joseph’s target is $195,000.00. From the monies donated the Diocese will get 60% and the parish, 40%. If we go over the target, the parish gets 60% and the Diocese 40%.
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Christ the Light of the World - $134,135.00 & St. Joseph - $32,130.00
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection by April 20.
9TH ANNUAL GATHERING OF MEN
Entitled “Come & See” and is sponsored by “The Catholic Men’s Fellowship of Pittsburgh. Whether you are a father, single man, grandfather, or son; whatever you faith level. “Come & See how to direct you energy to foster a stronger relationship with God, family, co-workers. It will be held April 12, 2014 at the A. J. Palumbo Center. For more information, call Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or visit www.cmfpitt.org.
LADY LOCKS FOR EASTER
The Hungarian Reformed Church of Duquesne will be selling homemade Lady Locks for Easter. $7.00 a dozen. To place your order, call Barbara (412-469-2185.) Orders can be picked up Saturday, April 12 from 10:30 am – 2:30 pm.
Ez. 37: 12 - 14 Rms. 8: 8 – 11 John 11: 1 - 45
$ 5,305.00 - March 30, 2014 Offertory
$ 1,027.00 - Utilities
$ 374.00 - Human Development
$ 215.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)