5:00 pm [HN] - Al Andres (Andres Family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ron Katchur (Joe/Melissa Ernst)
11:30 am [HN] - Mike/Ann Liposky (Jack &Anita Proksa)
12:00 pm [HN] - Jeanne Martin (Tom & Charisse)
12:00 pm [HN] - Hannah Thomas (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Patrick McGhen (mom & dad)
7:00 pm [HN] - For All Parishioners
12:00 pm [HN] - Services
5:00 pm [HN] - Easter Vigil For All Parishioners
9:00 am [SJ] - Barbara S. DeRosse (Pat & Jhon)
11:30 am [HN] - Richard Bevan (Jim & Judy Hubbard)
April 19 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - see schedule
April 20 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Justin Molanick
April 20 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Ethyl Blair, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, April 13 in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am – 1:30 pm. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, home fries, French toast, fresh fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: adults - $7.00, family special: children (1st child - 12 & under) - $4.00 – other children eat free.
EASTER FLOWER SALE
We will be selling a variety of Easter flowers on Palm Sunday weekend. Some of the varieties are lilies, hyacinths, hydrangeas, tulips and others at various prices.
SAVE THE DATES
- 10th Annual Golf Outing – Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club
- Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market – July 11, 12, 14 – [HN] Hall
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 24 – Mifflin Social Club
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 7 – Youghigheny Golf Club (anyone wishing to make a donation for the purchase of a “Designer Purse” should contact Debbie Stewart (412-596-5405) or Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org . All proceeds will be split equally between both parishes. Stay tuned to the bulletin each week for all the details of these events so you can participate!!
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, April 15 beginning with the rosary at 11:45 am followed by Mass in Holy Name Church. Afterwards, the annual salad bar will take place in the hall. All members are asked to bring a salad or donate $5.00 to defray costs. Reservations will be taken by chairwomen, Victoria Laban (412-521-0740) or Ethel Crunkleton (412-469-1354). All reservation are due by Sunday, April 13. $5.00 dues for 2014 may be paid also. Let’s call celebrate Spring and plan to attend.
ALTAR SERVER TRAINING
We have had about half a dozen boys and girls sign up to be trained as altar servers. We will be scheduling the training sessions during the month of May. We will be giving you a call and inform you through the bulletin.
LENTEN OUTREACH PARTICIPATION
Feed the Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
This week, we will be mailing out our annual “Easter Bunny Raffle Tickets.” Hopefully, everyone will make this raffle a success by purchasing the tickets sent to you. These raffles help keep our parish financially stable. The daily winner will be determined by the PA nightly 3 digit Lottery Number. Each ticket is $10.00. The raffle begins on Easter Sunday and concludes May 20, 2014. Daily winners win $100.00 except Easter and Mother’s Day the winner gets $200.00.
- Extras: If anyone could buy a few extras, especially St. Joseph parishioners because they have a small family population all the tickets don’t get purchased. CLW has 2 colored tickets so all their families get to participate.
- Easter Basket Gifts: Instead of candy, how about purchasing a ticket to put in your children or grandchildren’s Easter basket.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
The “Capital Campaign –The Church Alive” has gotten off to a brisk start!
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
- Our Targets: Christ the Light of the World’s target is $445,000.00 and St. Joseph’s target is $195,000.00. From the monies donated the Diocese will get 60% and the parish, 40%. If we go over the target, the parish gets 60% and the Diocese 40%.
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Christ the Light of the World - $134,135.00 & St. Joseph - $32,130.00
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection by April 20.
Will be held at the Grace United Church of Christ (7th & Kennedy Ave., Duquesne) on Saturday, April 26 from 9 am to 1 pm. Menu includes: pancakes, sausage, juice, coffee. Donation: Adults -$5.00, Children (4 – 12, $3.00), children under 4 eat free. There will be a vendor & craft sale.
Is. 50: 4 - 7 Philps. 2: 6 - 11 Mt. 27: 11 - 54
$ 5,957.70 - April 6, 2014 Offertory
$ 1,024.00 - Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 530.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)
REMEMBER YOUR PARISH
If you are able, how about giving your parish an Easter gift in your collection envelope next weekend.