5:00 pm [HN] - Mary Gaca (nieces & nephews)
9:00 am [SJ] - Elaine Pych (daughters)
11:30 am [HN] - Michele Jugan (mother, Dorothy)
12:00 pm [HN] - Peace & Recovery for Fr. Dennis (Al/Miriam Adams)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Jeanne Martin (Tom & Charise)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Kosley (family)
8:00 am [HN] - Eric Kollar (Jim/Bev Stavor)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
5:00 pm [HN] - Novak & Legerski Families (DoDo)
9:00 am [SJ] - David Wilson (Pat Jordan)
11:30 am [HN] - J. Terrance Farrell (Ron/Elaine Panek)
April 4 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Brittany Davis
April 5 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Olivia Studnicki
April 5 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Gabrielle Emery & Colby Steinbruegge
CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
We will celebrate this healing sacrament of forgiveness at all the Masses next weekend April 5/6. We will celebrate communally in a guilt free, non-judgmental way. Fr. Tom Dansak will be here to help. Anyone wishing a private confession should call Fr. Dennis. What better way to continue the Lenten journey than receiving this sacrament. It can be a time of freedom from those things that burden us or that have held us back from being fully whole, alive and healed.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Scott & Barbara Urban and their daughters,Taylor and Jennifer and also Robin Proud who have joined our parish this week.
Congratulations to the families of Graham Edward Deegan and Wyatt Carter Wynkoop, who are baptized this weekend.
Our next hoagie sale will be held on the weekend of April 5/6 in all the churches after all the Masses. Those who wish to place orders should call the rectory. Volunteers: we always need help even though we have 25 – 30 regulars. The time commitment is about 3 hours. Just show up at the Holy Name Hall at 8 am and you will be put to work. Not only is it a great fundraiser, this project is a FUNraiser.
A Friendly Thanks: We are concluding our third year of Hoagie Sales. This project has been very successful. During those 3 years, we have had 10 – 12 faithful monthly volunteers from St. Joseph Parish. In thanks for their volunteering commitment, we are going to split this month’s proceeds with St. Joseph Parish.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, April 15 beginning with the rosary at 11:45 am followed by Mass in Holy Name Church. Afterwards, the annual salad bar will take place in the hall. All members are asked to bring a salad or donate $5.00 to defray costs. Reservations will be taken by chairwomen, Victoria Laban (412-521-0740) or Ethel Crunkleton (412-469-1354). All reservation are due by Sunday, April 13. $5.00 dues for 2014 may be paid also. Let’s call celebrate Spring and plan to attend.
LENTEN OUTREACH PARTICIPATION
- Feed the Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.”
- Coin Collection: Save those coins to be offered on Holy Thursday for the needy and poor.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
This week, we will be mailing out our annual “Easter Bunny Raffle Tickets.” Hopefully, everyone will make this raffle a success by purchasing the tickets sent to you. These raffles help keep our parish financially stable. The daily winner will be determined by the PA nightly 3 digit Lottery Number. Each ticket is $10.00. The raffle begins on Easter Sunday and concludes May 20, 2014. Daily winners win $100.00 except Easter and Mother’s Day the winner gets $200.00.
- Extras: If anyone could buy a few extras, especially St. Joseph parishioners because they have a small family population all the tickets don’t get purchased. CLW has 2 colored tickets so all their families get to participate.
- Easter Basket Gifts: Instead of candy, how about purchasing a ticket to put in your children or grandchildren’s Easter basket.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
The “Capital Campaign –The Church Alive” has gotten off to a brisk start!
- Our Targets: Christ the Light of the World’s target is $445,000.00 and St. Joseph’s target is $195,000.00. From the monies donated the Diocese will get 60% and the parish, 40%. If we go over the target, the parish gets 60% and the Diocese 40%.
- New Totals: Next week, we will be publishing the new totals for both parishes. Wait until you see how far we have come in such a short time.
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection by April 20.
- Food for Thought: No matter what level you are going to participate (a little, a lot, or not at all), please return your pledge card so we can have correct totals and information.
9TH ANNUAL GATHERING OF MEN
Entitled “Come & See” and is sponsored by “The Catholic Men’s Fellowship of Pittsburgh. Whether you are a father, single man, grandfather, or son; whatever you faith level. “Come & See how to direct you energy to foster a stronger relationship with God, family, co-workers. It will be held April 12, 2014 at the A. J. Palumbo Center. For more information, call Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or visit www.cmfpitt.org.
1 Sam. 16: 6 – 7, 10 - 13 Ephs. 5: 8 - 14 John 9: 1 - 41
$ 4,083.50 - March 23, 2014 Offertory
$ 638.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 186.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for parish upkeep and maintenance.