5:00 pm [HN] - Bill Adams – 90th Birthday (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Josephine Adams (Tim/Carol Petrisko)
11:30 am [HN] - Tim Kamauf (Salvucci’s)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ellen Ann Curran Cheke (dgtrs. Patty & Kathleen)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Robert Westerlund (Martha)
12:00 pm [HN] - Marie Kovalcin (family)
8:00 am [HN] - Diane Yurchison (Steve McDermitt Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
5:00 pm [HN] - Mary Gaca (nieces & nephews)
9:00 am [SJ] - Elaine Pych (daughters)
11:30 am [HN] - Michele Jugan (mother, Dorothy)
Mar 30 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Aaron & Autumn Adams
Mar 30 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
Mar 30 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Maura Brennan & Owen Provident
CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF THE ANOINTING OF THE SICK
We will celebrate this healing sacrament at all the Masses next weekend March 29/30. This sacrament is for anyone with a mental, physical or spiritual illness. The Scripture readings for that weekend tie in perfectly with the celebration of this sacrament. What better way to continue the Lenten journey than receiving this sacrament. We would ask that family members who bring the sick join with us in praying with and over them.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Jeffrey & Rachel Adams and their son, Leo, who have joined our parish this week.
Congratulations to the family of Mason Frank Stasa, who is baptized this weekend.
MIKE'S FIGHT CONTINUES
As you probably read in the bulletin a few weeks ago, Mike Walters' cancer has returned with a vengeance. He is undergoing chemotherapy 24/7 for a whole month. I thought it necessary for us to reach out with cards and notes to let him know he is thought of and that we are supportive and care about him. This is probably the best medicine. If you want to reachout: Mike Walters, % Shadyside Hospital, 5230 Center Ave., Rm. 728 Pittsburgh, Pa. 15232
Our next hoagie sale will be held on the weekend of April 5/6 in all the churches after all the Masses. Those who wish to place orders should call the rectory. Volunteers: we always need help even though we have 25 – 30 regulars. The time commitment is about 3 hours. Just show up at the Holy Name Hall at 8 am and you will be put to work. Not only is it a great fundraiser, this project is a FUNraiser.
LENTEN OUTREACH PARTICIPATION
- Reachout to our shutins: around the churches is a listing of all of our shutins (nursing home, personal care home, assisted living, and home centered elderly residents.) Write them a card or note during Lent/Easter. Help make them feel connected to our parish and that they are not forgotten.
- Feed the Hungry (with dignity & ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking for food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need. Everyone young and old can participate. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope “Feed the Hungry.”
- Coin Collection: Save those coins to be offered on Holy Thursday for the needy and poor.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
This week, we will be mailing out our annual “Easter Bunny Raffle Tickets.” Hopefully, everyone will make this raffle a success by purchasing the tickets sent to you. These raffles help keep our parish financially stable. The daily winner will be determined by the PA nightly 3 digit Lottery Number. Each ticket is $10.00. The raffle begins on Easter Sunday and concludes May 20, 2014. Daily winners win $100.00 except Easter and Mother’s Day the winner gets $200.00.
- Extras: If anyone could buy a few extras, especially St. Joseph parishioners because they have a small family population all the tickets don’t get purchased. CLW has 2 colored tickets so all their families get to participate.
- Easter Basket Gifts: Instead of candy, how about purchasing a ticket to put in your children or grandchildren’s Easter basket.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
The “Capital Campaign –The Church Alive” has gotten off to a brisk start. Participation packets and invitations have been mailed to all parishioners. If you have not received yours, give us a call and we will get one to you Please read the information and decide how you might want to participate.
- Our Targets: each of our parishes were given a specific target to shoot for based on offertory collections of the last 3 years. Christ the Light of the World’s target is $445,000.00 and St. Joseph’s target is $195,000.00. From the monies donated the Diocese will get 60% and the parish, 40%.
- Amounts Donated So Far: Christ the Light of the World – (pledges/payments - $84,535.00); St. Joseph (pledges/payments - $20,325.00).
- Use of our monies: For Christ the Light of the World, I identified 1. pay for the elevator in the rectory, so I am able to stay here with my physical condition. 2. replace the organ consol in Holy Name Church which is 65 years old and literally falling apart. 3. Put aside the rest of the monies for replacement of the 30 year old roof on Holy Name Church. For St. Joseph, I identified 1. refurbishing 2 stained glass windows in St. Joseph Church, which are in danger of falling in due to deterioration. 2. pay down the remaining $68,000.00 debt to the Diocese.
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection by April 20.
- Food for Thought: No matter what level you are going to participate (a little, a lot, or not at all), please return your pledge card so we can have correct totals and information.
9TH ANNUAL GATHERING OF MEN
Entitled “Come & See” and is sponsored by “The Catholic Men’s Fellowship of Pittsburgh. Whether you are a father, single man, grandfather, or son; whatever you faith level. “Come & See how to direct you energy to foster a stronger relationship with God, family, co-workers. It will be held April 12, 2014 at the A. J. Palumbo Center. For more information, call Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or visit www.cmfpitt.org.
Ex. 17: 3 - 7 Rms. 5: 1 – 2, 5 - 8 John 4: 5 - 42
$ 4,905.00 - March 16, 2014 Offertory
$ 180.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for parish religious education.