5:00 pm [HN] - Raymond Micklo (wife, Elaine)
9:00 am [SJ] - Bernard McManus (wife, Irene)
11:30 am [HN] - Mattie Hoffman (daughter, Garnet)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Betty Kapolka (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Lou Gedman (Kovalcin Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Lou Gaca (family)
8:00 am [HN] - Dorothy Cerepani (Harriet Mima)
5:00 pm [HN] - Frank Pych (daughters)
9:00 am [SJ] - Helen & John Cicak (Al/Miriam Adams)
11:30 am [HN] - Mary Meskanick (Kostelnik Family)
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Jack McKeever, who died and rose to new life this week.
Dec 20 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Alexandra Ernst & Olivia Studnicki
Dec 21 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Tyler & Ryan Gedman
Dec 21 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Maura Brennan & Josh Revak
THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION & FORGIVENESS
We will celebrate this sacrament next weekend, December 20/21 at the end of all the weekend Masses in all the churches. It will be celebrated in a communal, non-judgmental, guilt free way. For a private confession, give Fr. Tom a call.
2015 CATHOLIC CALENDARS
This year’s calendars are out for distribution. They were provided for our parishes by the Maloy – Schleifer Funeral Home.
CHRISTMAS EVE & CHRISTMAS DAY MASS SCHEDULE
- Christmas Eve - Wednesday December 24: 4:00 pm St. Joseph
- Christmas Eve - Wednesday December 24: 6:30 pm Holy Name
- Christmas Eve - Wednesday December 24: 9:00 pm Holy Name
- Christmas Day - Thursday December 25: 10:00 am St. Joseph
OTHER ADVENT NEWS
- Elderly Reachout: Spread the spirit of the season by reaching out to our parishioners who are listed on the attached sheets. We can make them feel still part of our parish and help them not to feel forgotten.
- Christmas Wafers (Oplatki): will be available at the 5:00 pm & 11:30 am weekend Masses. You may also pick them up at the rectory during the week.
- Memorial Christmas Flowers: Use your “Christmas Flower envelope” to make a donation in memory or in honor of a family member or loved one. Write down the names. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. A memorial list will be published after Christmas.
- Reachout: with a gift card or a monetary donation to help a needy family. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. Mark the envelope reachout.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
The December meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 16. Rosary beings at 11:45 am in Holy Name Church followed by Mass at noon. A Christmas lunch (at your own expense) will follow at Lucciano’s Restaurant, White Oak. Rides will be available from church. Call Pat Schorr (412-675-0169) for reservations no later than Sunday, December 14.
HOLIDAY CHRISTMAS GIFTS
All the orders for the hoodies, sweatshirts and Christmas ornaments have been placed. They will be ready for pick up this weekend (December 13/14) in the Holy Name Hall.
This past week, we mailed out our annual holiday raffle tickets. We hope that everyone will participate. The raffle will run from Dec. 25 thru Jan. 25, 2015 with a $100.00 a day winner based on the evening PA lottery except Christmas Day and New Years Day which has a $200.00 winner. These fundraisers are vital and important to keeping our parishes alive and well.
If you could buy/sell a few extras, we would appreciate it. Call the rectory or put a note in your stub returns on how many you would like, we’ll send them to you and you return the stubs.
NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY DINNER/DANCE
Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus #4210 on December 31 at Holy Trinity Church, West Mifflin. Free setups, beer, wine, sodas. Only 100 tickets to be sold. Donation - $30.00 per person which includes dinner buffet, entertainment, party favors, midnight buffet, champagne. For reservations or information call (412-896-3290.)
MARCH FOR LIFE
In Washington, D.C. on January 22, 2015. The Knights of Columbus are providing a bus. There are 50 seats available. Cost is $25.00 a seat. For information and reservation call Dave Palscey (421-672-2222.)
Is. 6: 1 – 2, 10 - 11 1 Thes. 5: 16 - 24 Jn. 1: 6 -8, 19 – 24
PARISH SHARE REPORT
Christ the Light of the World: To date, we have received $41,693.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 146 donors towards our goal of $54,961.00. This leaves us a balance of $13,268.00 which must be paid by December 31, 2014. If someone would like to write a check for the balance please do so or put a donation in the Christmas collection marked “PSP” or if 132 people give a donation of $100.00, then we will hit our goal. If we don’t make this balance, we will have to take it from parish savings.
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 2,485.00 - December 7, 2014 Offertory
$ 492.00 - Repairs
$ 190.00 - Because I Care
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 5,127.50 - December 7, 2014 Offertory
$ 882.00 - Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 195.00 - Love Gift Donations (9)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
The second envelope next week for St. Joseph will be for Parish Utilities.