5:00 pm [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - All Souls Memorial Mass
11:30 am [HN] - All Souls Memorial Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [SH] - Mary Baptie (Herb Pasquarelli)
12:00 pm [HN] - Paul & Irene Simurda (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Betty Novak (DoDo)
8:00 am [HN] - Helen Tomovcsik (Rich/Jackie Ando)
5:00 pm [HN] - J. Terrance Farrell (Belinda)
9:00 am [SJ] - Joseph Serenka, Richard Schmidt, Korean War Vets (Anna Mae)
11:30 am [HN] - Eugene Valentovish (family)
Nov 8 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Alexanda Ernst
Nov 9 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Brittany Davis & Trent Manspeaker
Nov 9 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Calvin Terza & Gabriella Emery
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Ron Lengyel & Fr. David Schorr, who died and rose to new life this week.
ALL SOULS REMEMBRANCES
“Books of Remembrances:” You will find today in the center aisle of both of our churches the “Memorial Books” in which you are asked to write the names of all your deceased family, friends and loved ones who have died and whom you would like to have remembered in a special way at our All Souls celebrations on Sunday, November 2 at both the 9:00 am and 11:30 am Masses.
PASTOR'S WISH LIST
Now that Fr. Tom is settling in here in Duquesne, there are just a few items needed to complete his living arrangements. If anyone has a gently used or wishes to donate a new microwave oven or a kitchen table and chairs for him, please give Fr. Dennis a call.
ORGAN CONSOLE UPDATE
The new organ console is en route. It should arrive next week in Halifax, Nova Scotia then by train to Chicago and then by truck the rest of the way. Projected arrival in Duquesne, November 17.
Over the last month, we have had two instances of drivers pulling out of the small parking lot and knocking over the decorative brick wall at the entrance. In both cases, neither driver stopped to inform us or stopped to see if it was a person rather than a wall that was hit. We have an eye witness to both instances. The second is the most troubling because it was after CCD and it was a parent picking up a child. As all parents have been informed, they are to pick up their children in the parking lot next to the CCD Center and not in the lots where parishioners park for Mass. Let us try to be more careful and help keep your children safe.
2015 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
You may begin scheduling Masses for next year. You are now able to schedule four a year. In order to make this process easy, you will need to follow the following procedures:
- You may schedule Mass at any time, in any church on a first come first served basis.
- Only two can be scheduled on a weekend, the other 2 must be scheduled during the week.
- Only phone calls will be accepted. No walk ins at the rectory will be taken.
- Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule a Mass.
- You may call between 9 am & 3 pm, Monday thru Friday (412-469-0196). If Fr. Dennis is not available, go to voice mail. Leave your name and phone number. He will return your call in the order received.
- When calling have the dates, times, place, intention ready & available.
FROM THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS FUTURE
For those of you who plan ahead and those looking for gift ideas for Christmas, note that there is being planned a sale of Christ the Light of the World/St. Joseph monogrammed hoodies, sweatshirts and golf shirts AND beautiful glass CLW/St. Joseph Christmas tree ornaments. Details to follow. Be like Ebaneezer was AFTER my visit.
OTHER EVENTS FROM AROUND THE AREA
- NIGHT AT THE RACES: hosted by the Croation Club of Duquesne, 1111 West Grant Ave., Duq. For the Duquesne Volunteer Fire Department on November 8. Doors open at 6 pm. Races begin at 7pm.
- ROAST BEEF DINNER: hosted by the Grace United Church of Christ, Kennedy Ave., Duquesne on November 8 from 3:30 – 6:30 pm. Donation: Adults - $9.00, Children - $5.00. Benefit – Furnace Fund.
- BROWN BAG LUNCH BINGO: The Women’s Club of Duquesne is sponsoring this event on Sunday, November 9 at Sts. Peter & Paul Church, Foster Ave. Duquesne. Doors open at noon. Early birds – 1 PM. Donation - $10.00. Door prizes, Chinese Auction, Share the wealth.
- CRAFT AND VENDOR SHOW: at Christ Lutheran Church, Kennedy Ave. Duquesne on November 15 from 9 am – 4 pm. Bake Sale, Lunch, Raffles
- HOLIDAY CRAFT SHOW: To be held at the Lebanon Presbyterian Church, West Mifflin on Saturday, December 13 from 9 am – 3pm. Proceeds support the West Mifflin Boy Scout Troup 1111.
Is. 25: 6 - 9 1 Thes. 4: 13 - 18 Mt. 5: 1 - 12
$ 3,996.00 - October 26, 2014 Offertory
$ 819.00 - Utilities
$ 443.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 250.85 - World Missions (both parishes split)
$ 170.00 - Love Gifts (6)