5:00 pm [HN] - 50th Wedding Anniversay – Larry/Donna Lusckay
9:00 am [SJ] - David Funk (Cain Family)
11:30 am [HN] - Elvera Lauris (Gemma Senay)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Kathryn McCawley (Maureen Kollar)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mike Sowa (M/M Ray Kostovney)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass – Priest Seminar
12:00 pm [HN] - Ida Prosperi (son, John)
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Andres Family (Debbie & Denise)
9:00 am [SJ] - John Obringer & family (M/M Aiden Denne)
11:30 am [HN] - Paul & Della Mc Grail (family)
Oct 11 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Shane Kuszaj
Oct 12 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Paul Ruhl & Colby Steinbreugge
Oct 12 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Maura Brennan & Justin Molanick
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the families of Blaine Michael Burgert & Ava Marie Nardozzi, who are baptized this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Phyllis Senato, Karen Legin, Cookie Chiponis and Eleanor Rothbauer, who died and rose to new life this week.
We kicked off the fundraiser event for Seth Budai, who is a lifelong member and participant in both of our parishes. He has developed a rare form of cancer near the nerves next to his spine the size of a baseball. He needs one year of chemo/radiation. He will have to leave his teaching job and may have his medical benefits cut. The proceeds from this event will go towards his medical expenses.
- Date/Time/Place: Saturday, October 18, 2014 – Duquesne Annex Fire Hall, West Mifflin. 6:30 – 10:30 pm. Only 250 tickets to be sold. Entertainment – Judi Figel Trio.
- Tickets are SOLD OUT. All the tickets are gone and we have begun a “waiting list.” Some people have reserved tickets but have yet to pay for them. All tickets must be paid for by October 10 or they will be sold and distributed to those on the waiting list.
- Bring a cold appetizer or dessert or donate pop, beer, water: We don’t have facilities to cook. Cold Appetizers requested. Contact Mary Jane (Beresnyak) Davies at AuntieJoe321@aol.com or 412-466-8595 to coordinate items.
- Donate a Specialty Basket: Baskets for raffle - $50.00 minimum. Gift cards and lesser donations accepted. Contact Christina Ignat firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monetary donations: Mail to or drop off the rectory. Write “Sethstrong” on envelope and on check memo
- Prayer Bracelets: Yellow prayer bracelets – “Sethstrong” are available at the end of Mass the next two weekends and at the rectory during the week. We are asking for a donation for them.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answers to these questions, you may want to consider the“Process of Christian Initiation.”
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the right direction for your life.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in another religion other than Catholic, or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments. Then, this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Tuesday evenings beginning in October. If interested or have any questions, call Fr. Dennis. We need to have you registered by the end of September
NIGHT AT THE RACES
Night at the Races is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus #4210 on Saturday, October 11 at Holy Trinity Church, West Mifflin. Admission - $5.00, Horses - $5.00. BYOB For tickets, call Matt Gracan (724-863-2211.)
The Jodie Matta – Dillinger Cancer Resource Center is having it’s annual gala on Nov. 1, 2014 at the Youghiogheny Country Club in Elizabeth. All proceeds from the event enable the center to offer 100% free service to cancer patients and their families. This year the JMD will honor it’s Cancer Care Champion – Reverend Dennis Colamarino. Tickets include: dinner, entertainment at $100 person/$175 couple. For tickets and information, call Cathy Matta (412-672-5330.)
A FAMILY NEEDS HELP
Tom Regina and his mother, Mary need upcoming temporary aide help. Mary needs help getting out of bed, washing and dressing each Sunday at 8 am and Friday at 7 am. For less than one hour - $20.00 per visit. If you find it in your heart to help, call Tom (412-466-4068.)
Is. 5: 1 - 7 Philps. 4: 6 – 9 Mt. 21: 33 -43
$ 4,971.90 - September 28, 2014 Offertory
$ 727.00 - Utilities
$ 512.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 70.00 - Love Gifts (4)