5:00 pm [HN] - Michele Jugan (mother, Dorothy)
9:00 am [SJ] - Frank Capalbo (daughter, Cheryl Janusek)
11:30 am [HN] - George Lynch (Joe & Debbie Stewart)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Anna Kosko (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Serenka (M/M Paul Budai)
12:00 pm [HN] - Anna Marie Kruszka (Barb Fisher)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Butkin (Lalor Family)
5:00 pm [HN] - Michael Maloney Jr. (Tom/Pat Strawn)
9:00 am [SJ] - 60th Wedding Anniv. – Arnold & Flo Zewe
11:30 am [HN] - Michael “Bricky” Anastas (family)
Oct 25 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Alexandra Ernst & Calvin Terza
Oct 26 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
Oct 26 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Jack Cherkes & Gabriella Emery
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Paul Rush, who died and rose to new life this week.
ALL SOULS REMEMBRANCES
“Books of Remembrances:” You will find today in the center aisle of both of our churches the “Memorial Books” in which you are asked to write the names of all your deceased family, friends and loved ones who have died and whom you would like to have remembered in a special way at our All Souls celebrations on Sunday, November 2 at both the 9:00 am and 11:30 am Masses.
HOMEMADE HOAGIE SALE
We will be having our next sale in two weeks, November 1 & 2 after all the weekend Masses. Volunteers: Last month, we had a record number of volunteers helping (50) and the work time was diminished greatly. We hope everyone comes back again this month. For those of you who never volunteer for any parish activity, maybe this would be a good time for you to start and be a part of the great and good things happening in your parish.
We would like to thank the family of Karen Legin, who died recently for their donation of $325.00 to the parish in her memory.
WALK TO DEFEAT ALS UPDATE
We would like to announce that “Team Fr. Dennis” has surpassed $75,000.00 in donations. This truly is a wonderful expression of the generosity not only of our parishioners but from people all over the world who wanted to participate and be part of this journey. To get a true feel for what we have accomplished, click here to watch a very special video. If anyone still wants to participate, you can find information around the churches.
2015 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
You may begin scheduling Masses for next year. You are now able to schedule 4 a year. In order to make this process easy, you will need to follow the following procedures:
- You may schedule Mass at any time, in any church on a first come first served basis.
- Only two can be scheduled on a weekend, the other 2 must be scheduled during the week.
- Only phone calls will be accepted. No walk ins at the rectory will be taken.
- Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule a Mass.
- You may call between 9 am & 3 pm, Monday thru Friday (412-469-0196). If Fr. Dennis is not available, go to voice mail. Leave your name and phone number. He will return your call in the order received.
- When calling have the dates, times, place, intention ready & available.
FROM THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS FUTURE
For those of you who plan ahead and those looking for gift ideas for Christmas, note that there is being planned a sale of Christ the Light of the World/St. Joseph monogrammed hoodies, sweatshirts and golf shirts AND beautiful glass CLW/St. Joseph Christmas tree ornaments. Details to follow. Be like Ebaneezer was AFTER my visit.
OTHER EVENTS FROM AROUND THE AREA
- ANNUAL GALA: The Jodie Matta – Dillinger Cancer Resource Center is having it’s annual gala on Nov. 1, 2014 at the Youghiogheny Country Club in Elizabeth. All proceeds from the event enable the center to offer 100% free service to cancer patients and their families. This year the JMD will honor it’s Cancer Care Champion – Reverend Dennis Colamarino. Tickets include: dinner, entertainment at $100 person/$175 couple. For tickets and information, call Cathy Matta (412-672-5330.)
- NIGHT AT THE RACES: hosted by the Croation Club of Duquesne, 1111 West Grant Ave., Duq. For the Duquesne Volunteer Fire Department on November 8. Doors open at 6 pm. Races begin at 7pm.
- ROAST BEEF DINNER: hosted by the Grace United Church of Christ, Kennedy Ave., Duquesne on November 8 from 3:30 – 6:30 pm. Donation: Adults - $9.00, Children - $5.00. Benefit – Furnace Fund.
- CRAFT AND VENDOR SHOW: at Christ Lutheran Church, Kennedy Ave. Duquesne on November 15 from 9 am – 4 pm. Bake Sale, Lunch, Raffles
- A FAMILY NEEDS HELP: Tom Regina and his mother, Mary need upcoming temporary aide help. Mary needs help getting out of bed, washing and dressing each Sunday at 8 am and Friday at 7 am. For less than one hour - $20.00 per visit. If you find it in your heart to help, call Tom (412-466-4068.)
2014 PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE
To date we have received $34,475.00 in outright donations and pledge payments towards our assessed goal of $54,961.00 from 112 participants. This leaves us a balance of $23,486.00 which must be paid by December 31. We hope that we will have the same result as last year and go over our goal which allows the overage to stay at the parish tax free. Last years overage was almost $10,000.00.
Food for thought: If 234 people donated $100.00, we would hit our goal. Also, some people have decided to just give to collections that benefit the parish (i.e. weekly offertory, upkeep, utilities, education) and put the out of parish collections into PSP. These little bits add up to a whole lot after a year.
Is. 45: 1 - 6 1 Thes. 1: 1 - 5 Mt. 22: 15 - 21
$ 5,355.00 - October 12, 2014 Offertory
$ 1,465.99 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 130.00 - Love Gifts (4)