5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Kosko Family (Gert Bytzura)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Velma Momich (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Deceased of the Trainor & Hilgart Fams. (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - David Funk (Ann Bereznak)
12:00 pm [HN] - Dorothy Cerepani (Margaret Hruby)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Sucevic (Barb Dudas)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - Ted Sabolcik (M/M John Yuhas)
3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding – Adam Junstrom & Jaclyn Rispoli
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Lamanna & Guzewicz Fams. (Donna & Bob)
8:30 am [SH] - Ken Younkin & Andy & Mary Skweres (Mary Louise)
10:00 am [HN] - Anna & Joseph Denne Sr. & family (family)
Sept. 7 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Aaron & Autumn Adams
Sept. 8 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Olivia Studnicki
Sept. 8 - Sunday - Justin Molanick & Colby Steinbruegge
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Adam & Rachel Gilbert and their daughter, Lyla and Erin Howard, all who have joined our parish this week.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Anne Adams, who died and rose to new life with the Lord.
III Adam Anderson & Courtney Campbell (both Pittsburgh)
II Evan Browne (St. Thomas a Becket) & Jenna Jasek (CLW)
SEASONAL WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
In a few short weeks, we will be returning to our Fall/Winter Seasonal weekend Mass schedule. Make sure you read it, pay attention and be ready to make the switch. It is always so entertaining to see how many people each time we switch, don’t pay attention to what is happening in their parish.
- Beginning the weekend of SEPTEMBER 7/8: Sunday – 9:00 am – St. Joseph. Sunday – 11:30 am – Holy Name. This schedule will continue thru April 26/27, 2014
JOINT PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING
There will be a “Joint Parish Pastoral Council Meeting” on Monday, Sept. 16 at 6:30 pm in the [HN] Hall. We will be reporting on all that has been going on in our parishes and the activities that have happened and those being planned for the future. Chairpersons should be ready to give a report on the activity on which they were responsible for. Clubs and other organizations will need to give a update on what they had done and what they are planning for the future. If you are unable to be present, you should let Fr. Dennis know. All members of both parishes are invited and welcome to be present to see and hear how much is going on in your parish.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - CCD NEWS - COMING YEAR
The 2013/2014 CCD year and registration will soon be upon us. We offer religious education for grades K thru 8 on Sunday morning from 10:00 am to 11:15 am using the alternating week schedule (K thru 5 one week) and (6 thru 8 the next week.) Due to limited space we are only able to offer classes for those who are registered members of Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish up to July 1, 2013. You may register “online” or “in person.”
- On Line Registration: Once again this year we will be offering “online registration” for those who would like to take advantage of it. Online registration will begin on August 5th and end on Monday, September 2nd. How it works: Use the online registration form and follow the prompts. After your registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with in 48 hours that your registration has been accepted. If you do not receive an e-mail within the allotted time notify Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Person Registration: Will take place on Sunday, September 8th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. The teachers will be there to take registrations and answer any questions you may have. After this date ALL registrations will be closed. If you miss our month long registration period, we invite you to register with us next year.
- Baptism Certificate: For new students registering in grades K and 1, parents will need to get a updated baptism certificate if their children were baptized somewhere other than Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig.
UPDATED JOINT PARISH PICNIC INFORMATION
- Registration: The last day to register is Wednesday, Sept. 5. Contact Doug Vranish (email@example.com) or 412-969-8222 or Kristie England (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 412-616-2596 or go to email@example.com.
- Activities & Happenings Planned So Far: We have lots of fun things for everyone: A Disc Jockey, a Polka Band, a Nacho Bar, Make your own Sundae, Games/Races for the kids, Horse shoes, Bocce, Corn hole and volleyball.
- Needs: If you are unsure about what to bring, we need tomatoes (maybe from the garden), lettuce, onion, pickles, relish, mayo, mustard, ketchup.
- If you are bringing a hot or cold item, we have the means to keep it hot or cold during the afternoon.
- General Information: Sunday, September 8th at the Mifflin Social Club, West Mifflin from 1 pm – 7 pm. Dinner will be served at 4:00 pm. The parishes will provide the entrees and those attending are asked to bring a salad, side dish or dessert. You will be asked to bring something so we don’t have multiples of one items. BYOB
- Getting There: Maps will be available around the churches next Sunday for those who may not know where the Mifflin Club is.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a Catholic? You may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation” which will begin in October.
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the direction for your life.
- Who is this process for? If you have never been baptized, or were baptize in another religion other than Catholic or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then this process is for you.
- When do we meet? Monday evenings. If interested, or have any questions, give Fr. Dennis a call.
The CLOW/St. Joseph Parishes knitting group “Stitches of Love” had a very busy first year. The 15 members created: hats, scarves, booties of all sizes which were given to the Thanksgiving Brown Bag Reachout. In January, they knitted 175 purple hats in support of the “Purple Hat Campaign” (a national reminder program not to shake babies for crying.) Baptism hats and booties are given to the newly baptized in our parishes. White blankets and outfits were made for premature babies and burial outfits. Our largest program has been knitting/crocheting lap afghans (100 so far) for our elderly shut-ins and nursing home parishioners for the 2013 Christmas Reachout.
The “Stitches of Love” members would like to invite you to join them, even if you don’t know how to knit or crochet, they will teach you. They will resume on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10 am in the Holy Name Hall.
Sir. 3: 17 – 20, 28- 29 Hebs. 12: 16 – 19, 22 - 24 Luke 14: 7 - 14
$ 3,640.40 - August 25, 2013 Offertory
$ 485.00 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 642.50 - Utilities
$ 80.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)