5:00 pm [HN] - Geno/Mary Ferry, Frank & Amelia Santone (Jack & Darlene)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mary Fleming (Michelle Cheplic & family)
11:30 am [HN] - Joseph Belback Jr. (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Raymond Newmeyer (Krutz Nieces & Nephews)
12:00 pm [HN] - Marcia Olexa (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Bob Novak (Rose Fagan/Rosemarie Burda)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass – Priest’s Clergy Council
8:00 am [HN] - Emil Marzalek (Dave/Jackie Sadinsky)
5:00 pm [HN] - Victoria Abbatangelo (Mike/Chris Drecnik)
9:00 am [SJ] - Virginia & Louis Weber (family)
11:30 am [HN] - John Bitkowski (family)
Sept. 21 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Faith Provance
Sept. 22 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Colby Steinbruegge
Sept. 22 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Shane Kuszaj & Owen Provident
Congratulations to the family of Milena Jane Jasek, who was baptized into God’s family this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Gertrude Gibas, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
I William Borowski (West Mifflin) & Kristen Hacharian (CLW)
FIRST JOINT PARISH FAMILY PICNIC
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the 40 volunteers and the almost 200 parishioners who took part in last week’s “First Joint Parish Family Picnic.” It was truly a wonderfully, well organized fun – filled day. As pastor, my first impression as I drove up to join up, was that I was looking at a Norman Rockwell painting. There were the sounds of children laughing and playing games, grabbing treats from the piñata; the clanging of horseshoes; the smells of hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken being grilled for hungry picnickers; parishioners mingling, introducing themselves, relaxing on the grass; volunteers greeting guests, preparing the overwhelming buffet tables filled with deliciously donated food items, making sure everyone was welcomed and taken care of; the sounds of polka music wafting in the background; all these came together to take us back to family picnics of the 50’s, where simple fun, family and friendship were valued and celebrated. No one was looking at their phone and the only sad faces were those who made the mistake and watched the Steelers (who were soon forgotten.) Thanks for this memorable moment!
- Dear Fellow Parishioners of Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes: We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to everyone who participated in the parish picnic. The response by everyone involved at all levels was overwhelming and greatly appreciated. The picnic could not have occurred without all of you. We have already booked the date for next year’s picnic, and look forward to seeing you again. A special thanks to all the committee for their time and effort. Check out the pictures on the parish website. Kristie England & Doug Vranish
2014 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
We are beginning to schedule. Because of your cooperation in the past, we are now able to schedule 4 Masses a year. In order to make this process easy, you will need to follow these procedures: 1) You may schedule Mass at any time, in any church on a first come first served basis, 2) Only 2 can be scheduled on a weekend, the other 2 must be scheduled during the week. 3) Only phone calls will be accepted. No walk – ins at the rectory will be taken. 4) Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule a Mass. You may call between 9 am – 3 pm, Monday thru Friday at 412-469-0196. If he is not available, you can go to voice mail and leave your name and phone number. He will return your phone call in the order received. 5) When calling have the dates, times, places and intentions ready and available.
CHRISTIAN MOTHER'S NEWS
The Christian Mothers will open the 2013/14 year with the Installation of Officers on Tuesday, September 17th in Holy Name Church with the recitation of the rosary at 11:45 am, followed by Mass. Cake and coffee will be served after the meeting.
- A warm welcome is extended to all women of our parishes, married, single, widowed. We have scheduled 2 evening meetings in 2013 – Tuesday, Oct. 15th (arts & crafts with Mary Beth Denne) and Tuesday, Nov. 19th (installation of new members and a musical program. Contact any officers: Pat Schorr, President (412-675-0169), Kathy Hilley, Vice – President (412-466-5084), Carol Worek, Teasurer (412-466-0748), Joan Dittman, Secretary (412-466-7315)
SIX WEEK GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP
The death of a loved one and the grief that follows can often be overwhelming. The pain from this loss, and the resultant life changes, may become overwhelming for individuals, especially those who are suffering alone in their grief. Holy Angels Parish Bereavement Ministry will host a 6 week Grief Support Group: Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, October 1 thru November 5, 2013. For more information or to register, call Suzanne Hunter (412-462-9928.)
2013 PARISH SHARE PROGRAM REMINDERS
This week, we are sending “reminder invitations” to all those parishioners who have yet to participate in this years Parish Share Program. So far, we have received $31,525.00 in outright donations and pledge payments towards our goal of $54,074.00 which leaves us a balance of $22,549.00. If we do not hit our goal by December 31, we will have to take the balance from our parish savings, which means less money to do the upkeep and maintenance of our 5 parish buildings.
- There are 672 envelope holders who have yet to participate. If everyone does so, we would have no problem hitting our goal. No donation is too small and everyone is greatly appreciated.
- If just 225 people made a $100.00 donation, we would be able to meet this obligation and have funds for parish improvements.
- Thanks: to everyone who has participated so far, either through this program or those who also donated through the “monthly extra PSP envelope” in your packets.
Ex. 32: 7 – 11, 13 - 14 1 Tim. 1: 12 - 17 Luke 15: 1-32
$ 5,431.50 - September 1, 2013 Offertory
$ 270.00 - Love Gift Donations (6)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education.