5:00 pm [HN] - Ann Liposky (Anne Radakovich)
8:30 am [SH] - John Bitkowski (Nancy Goempel)
10:00 am [HN] - Al & Marge Mihalco (Mihalco Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Anna Chavis (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Marguerite Eschelbacher (Aileen Vukovich)
12:00 pm [HN] - Theo Jozwiak (Bill & Jean Schleifer)
8:00 am [HN] - Michael Sokol (Carl Magdic)
3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding – Adam Junstrom & Jaclyn Rispoli
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Kosko Family (Gert Bytzura)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Velma Momich (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Deceased of the Trainor & Hilgart Fams. (family)
Aug 31 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Dylan & Alexandra Ernst
Sept 1 - Sunday - Trey & Trent Manspeaker
Congratulations to the family of Lucas John Verbanick, who is baptized this weekend.
III Adam Junstrom (CLW) & Jaclyn Rispoli (West Mifflin)
II Adam Anderson & Courtney Campbell (both Pittsburgh)
I Evan Browne (St. Thomas a Becket) & Jenna Jasek (CLW)
REST IN PEACE
Please remember William Bevan, who died and rose to new life last week.
JOINT PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING
Fr. Dennis has scheduled a “Joint Parish Pastoral Council Meeting” to be held on Monday, Sept. 16 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall. This meeting will hopefully be quite informative. We will be reporting on all that has been going on in our parishes, as well as the activities that have happened and those being planned for the future. Chairpersons should be ready to give a report on the activity on which they were responsible for. Clubs and other organizations will need to give a update on what they had done and what they are planning for the future. If you are unable to be present, you should let Fr. Dennis know. All members of both parishes are invited and welcome to be present to see and hear how much is going on in your parish!!
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a Catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answer to these questions, you may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation” which will begin in October.
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the direction for your life.
- Who is this process for? If you have never been baptized, or were baptize in another religion other than Catholic or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then this process is for you.
- When do we meet? Monday evenings. If interested, or have any questions, give Fr. Dennis a call.
ANNUAL BREAST CANCER BENEFIT PLANNING MEETING
This year the “Annual Breast Cancer Benefit” will be held on Saturday, October 12. We are having the first planning meeting on Monday, August 26 at 7:00 pm in the Holy Name Hall. Anyone wishing to help is invited. If you want to help but cannot attend the meeting let Kathy Kuszaj know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SEASONAL WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
In a few short weeks, we will be returning to our Fall/Winter Seasonal weekend Mass schedule. Make sure you read it, pay attention and be ready to make the switch. It is always so entertaining to see how many people each time we switch, don’t pay attention to what is happening in their parish.
- Beginning the weekend of SEPTEMBER 7/8: Sunday - 9:00 am - St. Joseph. Sunday – 11:30 am – Holy Name. This schedule will continue thru April 26/27, 2014
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - CCD NEWS - COMING YEAR
The 2013/2014 CCD year and registration will soon be upon us. We offer religious education for grades K thru 8 on Sunday morning from 10:00 am to 11:15 am using the alternating week schedule (K thru 5 one week) and (6 thru 8 the next week.) Due to limited space we are only able to offer classes for those who are registered members of Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish up to July 1, 2013. You may register “online” or “in person.”
- On Line Registration: Once again this year we will be offering “online registration” for those who would like to take advantage of it. Online registration will begin on August 5th and end on Monday, September 2nd. How it works: Use the online registration form and follow the prompts. After your registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with in 48 hours that your registration has been accepted. If you do not receive an e-mail within the allotted time notify Colleen at email@example.com.
- In Person Registration: Will take place on Sunday, September 8th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. The teachers will be there to take registrations and answer any questions you may have. After this date ALL registrations will be closed. If you miss our month long registration period, we invite you to register with us next year.
- Baptism Certificate: For new students registering in grades K and 1, parents will need to get a updated baptism certificate if their children were baptized somewhere other than Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig.
UPDATED JOINT PARISH PICNIC INFORMATION
An energetic and spirit-filled volunteer planning meeting took place on Tuesday evening. Lots of great input. We have had almost 40 people volunteer to help.
- Registration: The last day to register is Wednesday, Sept. 5. Contact Doug Vranish (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 412-969-8222 or Kristie England (email@example.com) or 412-616-2596 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activities & Happenings Planned So Far: We have lots of fun things for everyone: A Disc Jockey, a Polka Band, a Nacho Bar, Make your own Sundae, Games/Races for the kids, Horse shoes, Bocce, Corn hole and volleyball.
- Needs: If you are unsure about what to bring, we need tomatoes (maybe from the garden), lettuce, onion, pickles, relish, mayo, mustard, ketchup.
- If you are bringing a hot or cold item, we have the means to keep it hot or cold during the afternoon.
- General Information: Sunday, September 8th at the Mifflin Social Club, West Mifflin from 1 pm – 7 pm. Dinner will be served at 4:00 pm. The parishes will provide the entrees and those attending are asked to bring a salad, side dish or dessert. You will be asked to bring something so we don’t have multiples of one items. BYOB
- Getting There: Maps will be available around the churches next Sunday for those who may not know where the Mifflin Club is.
SPIRITUAL RETREAT FOR MEN
The men of our parishes are invited to participate in our annual “retreat.” It will be held at the St. Paul of the Cross Monastery, Southside on Sept. 13, 14, 15. This year’s theme is: “Walking with Jesus – Enpowered by the Spirit.” For more information contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or email@example.com.
- The Pastor’s Word of Encouragement: As your Pastor, I would highly and enthusiastically encourage all men to give some serious prayerful consideration to this marvelous spiritual opportunity. As men of faith, we deserve to be the best we can be for ourselves, our family and loved ones. To be reflective with other men and priest retreat directors gives you that opportunity to be renewed and refreshed and be the best person, man, husband, father, partner, provider that you can be. Why not give it a try? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Peace, Fr. Dennis
Is. 66: 18 - 21 Hebs. 12: 5 – 7, 11- 13 Luke 13: 22 - 30
$ 5,796.00 - August 18, 2013 Offertory
$ 598.00 - Assumption Offertory
$ 1402.55 - Mission Appeal
$ 395.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second collection will be an appeal for Parish Upkeep and Maintenance.