5:00 pm [HN] - Lou Richards (wife & children)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of the Hall & Sakson Fams. (DoDo)
10:00 am [HN] - Anna Marie Kruszka (Bill & Pat Jakub)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Janusek (Boyd & Susan Anastas)
12:00 pm [HN] - Michael & Florence Andrews (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Vranish (Ray & Linda West)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Rinkacs (wife, Doris)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Ann Liposky (Anne Radakovich)
8:30 am [SH] - John Bitkowski (Nancy Goempel)
10:00 am [HN] - Al & Marge Mihalco (Mihalco Family)
Aug 24 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Frank & Faith Provance
Aug 25 - Sunday - Owen Provident & Brittany Davis
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We welcome Alison Lusnak and her daughter, Alexandra to our parish this weekend.
I & II Adam Junstrom (CLW) & Jaclyn Rispoli (West Mifflin)
I Adam Anderson & Courtney Campbell (both Pittsburgh)
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Thomas Eisenhuth, who died and rose to new life last week.
WELCOME FR. CARL VACEK
We would like to welcome Fr. Carl Vacek TOR to our parish this weekend. He will be presiding at Liturgy as well as asking for an offering for his Franciscan Orders Missionary work. This week, we will have a second collection. We ask that you be as generous as possible in supporting this very vital work of the church.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a Catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answer to these questions, you may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation” which will begin in October.
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the direction for your life.
- Who is this process for? If you have never been baptized, or were baptize in another religion other than Catholic or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then this process is for you.
- When do we meet? Monday evenings. If interested, or have any questions, give Fr. Dennis a call.
ANNUAL BREAST CANCE BENEFIT PLANNING MEETING
This year the “Annual Breast Cancer Benefit” will be held on Saturday, October 12. We are having the first planning meeting on Monday, August 26 at 7:00 pm in the Holy Name Hall. Anyone wishing to help is invited. If you want to help but cannot attend the meeting let Kathy Kuszaj know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SEASONAL WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
In a few short weeks, we will be returning to our Fall/Winter Seasonal weekend Mass schedule. Make sure you read it, pay attention and be ready to make the switch. It is always so entertaining to see how many people each time we switch, don’t pay attention to what is happening in their parish.
- Beginning the weekend of SEPTEMBER 7/8: Sunday – 11:30 am – Holy Name. This schedule will continue thru April 26/27, 2014
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - CCD NEWS - COMING YEAR
The 2013/2014 CCD year and registration will soon be upon us. We offer religious education for grades K thru 8 on Sunday morning from 10:00 am to 11:15 am using the alternating week schedule (K thru 5 one week) and (6 thru 8 the next week.) Due to limited space we are only able to offer classes for those who are registered members of Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish up to July 1, 2013. You may register “online” or “in person.”
- On Line Registration: Once again this year we will be offering “online registration” for those who would like to take advantage of it. Online registration will begin on August 5th and end on Monday, September 2nd. How it works: Use the online registration form and follow the prompts. After your registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with in 48 hours that your registration has been accepted. If you do not receive an e-mail within the allotted time notify Colleen at email@example.com.
- In Person Registration: Will take place on Sunday, September 8th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. The teachers will be there to take registrations and answer any questions you may have. After this date ALL registrations will be closed. If you miss our month long registration period, we invite you to register with us next year.
- Baptism Certificate: For new students registering in grades K and 1, parents will need to get a updated baptism certificate if their children were baptized somewhere other than Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig.
JOINT PARISH PICNIC BEING PLANNED
The Parish Picnic will be held on Sunday, September 8th at the Mifflin Social Club, West Mifflin from 1 pm – 7 pm. Games for the kids. Music and Dancing. Dinner will be served at 4:00 pm. The parishes will provide the entrees and those attending are asked to bring a salad, side dish or dessert. You will be asked to bring something so we don’t have multiples of one items. BYOB. If you are not sure what to bring, contact Kristie or Doug. We also need donations of pepsi and water.
- Volunteer Meeting: Lots of people have volunteered to help. We are having a meeting on Tuesday, August 20 at 6:30 in the Holy Name Hall for all volunteers. We want to make sure all jobs are covered and anyone who wants to help will be given a responsibility. If you can’t attend the meeting call the numbers below.
- If you are interested in helping, get in touch with Doug Vranish (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 412-969-8222 or Kristie England (email@example.com) or 412-616-2596.
- Registration begins NOW! To register, call one of the numbers above or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPIRITUAL RETREAT FOR MEN
The men of our parishes are invited to participate in our annual “retreat.” It will be held at the St. Paul of the Cross Monastery, Southside on Sept. 13, 14, 15. This year’s theme is: “Walking with Jesus – Enpowered by the Spirit.” For more information contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or email@example.com.
- The Pastor’s Word of Encouragement: As your Pastor, I would highly and enthusiastically encourage all men to give some serious prayerful consideration to this marvelous spiritual opportunity. As men of faith, we deserve to be the best we can be for ourselves, our family and loved ones. To be reflective with other men and priest retreat directors gives you that opportunity to be renewed and refreshed and be the best person, man, husband, father, partner, provider that you can be. Why not give it a try? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Peace, Fr. Dennis
DUQUESNE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER
The DVFD is having a “Barbecue Fundraiser” on Saturday, August 24th from 12 noon until 6:00 pm at the Duquesne VFW on North Second St., Duquesne. Menu will include: one half barbecued chicken and 2 sides. Cost is $9.33 per person. Take outs will be available.
Jer. 38: 4 – 6, 8 - 10 Hebs. 12: 1 - 4 Luke 12: 49 - 53
$ 3,365.60 - August 11, 2013 Offertory
$ 535.00 - Love Gift Donations
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND COLLECTION
Next week's second collection will be an appeal for Parish Religious Education Programs.