5:00 pm [HN] - Anna Marie Kruszka (Val Kruszka Family)
8:30 am [SH] - Sylvia, Conrad, Ricky Kolar (Kolar Family)
10:00 am [HN] - Paul Kuszaj (M/M Al Durica)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Emily Soffa (Sue, Jim, AJ Lucas)
12:00 pm [HN] - Bob Westerlund (Martha)
8:00 am [HN] - Reverend Donald Zewe (Bill Gallagher)
5:00 pm [HN] - Catherine Falvo (DoDo Sakson)
8:30 am [SH] - Louise Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Marcia Olexsa (Deacon & Taylor Fams.)
July 27 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Jacqueline Emery
July 28 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Colby Steinbruegge & Olivia Studnicki
Congratulations to the family of Gabriel James Wolf, who was baptized into God’s family this weekend.
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC?
Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to become a Catholic? Have you been searching for spirituality or meaning in your life? To help find the answer to these questions, you may want to consider the “Process of Christian Initiation” which will begin in October.
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find if this is the direction for your life.
- Who is this process for? If you have never been baptized, or were baptize in another religion other than Catholic or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then this process is for you.
- When do we meet? Monday evenings. If interested, or have any questions, give Fr. Dennis a call.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - CCD NEWS - COMING YEAR
The 2013/2014 CCD year and registration will soon be upon us. We offer religious education for grades K thru 8 on Sunday morning from 10:00 am to 11:15 am using the alternating week schedule (K thru 5 one week) and (6 thru 8 the next week.) Due to limited space we are only able to offer classes for those who are registered members of Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish up to July 1, 2013. You may register “on line” or “in person.”
- On Line Registration: Once again this year we will be offering “online registration” for those who would like to take advantage of it. On line registration will begin on August 5th and end on Monday, September 2nd. How it works: Go to the parish website (www.christthelightoftheworld.org) and click on CCD registration and follow the prompts. After your registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with in 48 hours that your registration has been accepted. If you do not receive an e-mail within the allotted time notify Colleen at email@example.com.
- In Person Registration: Will take place on Sunday, September 8th from 10 am – 11:15 am in the Holy Name Hall. The teachers will be there to take registrations and answer any questions you may have. After this date ALL registrations will be closed. If you miss our month long registration period, we invite you to register with us next year.
- Baptism Certificate: For new students registering in grades K and 1, parents will need to get a updated baptism certificate if their children were baptized somewhere other than Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig.
Any other questions and concerns may be directed to Colleen Whitney (firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-461-8318) or call Fr. Dennis.
JOINT PARISH PICNIC BEING PLANNED
We are planning an exciting “Joint Parish Family Picnic” to be held on Sunday, September 8th at the Mifflin SociaClub, West Mifflin from 1 pm – 7 pm. We hope that you will mark your calendars and plan to attend this event. There are lots of plans being made. We are having games and face painting for the kids. Music and Dancing. Dinner will be served at 4:00 pm. The parishes will provide the entrees and those attending are asked to bring a salad, side dish or dessert. You will be asked to bring something so we don’t have multiples of one items. BYOB.
- If you are interested in helping or attending, get in touch with Doug Vranish (email@example.com) or 412-969-8222 or Kristie England (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 412-616-2596.
- More details will be available in the coming weeks. Registration kickoff will begin July 20,2103
- This event will be a great way for families of both parishes to meet each other, as well as the many new families who have joined to get to know us better.
POLISH DAY AT KENNYWOODWill be held this year on Tuesday, August 6. Ethnic food, music, baked goods and Fr. Miro’s famous potato pancakes and pickles. Mass will be celebrated at 3 pm followed by free dancing to the “Polka Family Band.” All Day Ride Tickets (ages 3 thru 54) - $26.00. These can be used also any other day of the Park Season. Seniors (ages 55 thru 69) - $16.00. Seniors (over age 70) - $10 with coupon. These senior tickets can be used only on August 6. For tickets and coupons, call Betty Kolano (412-371-1827.)
ST. MARK PARISH FESTIVAL
ANNUAL FLOWER SHOW
The West Mifflin Garden Club will hold its 56th Annual Flower & Vegetable Show on Saturday, Aug. 3 from 4 – 7 pm and Sunday, Aug. 4 from 10 am – 3 pm at the St. Elias Church Social Hall, Homestead/Duquesne Rd., Munhall. The show is free and open to the public. For information, call Howard Caspar (email@example.com.)
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE
To date, we have received $30,294.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 155 donors towards our goal of $53,074.00. This leaves us a balance of $23,780.00 which must be paid by Dec. 31. If we fall short of the goal, we must take it from our parish savings. Food for thought: So many people have been digesting the “food for thought.” If we had 237 people make a donation of at least $100.00, we would hit our goal and have money ready to make improvements to the parish facilities, since any “overage” is tax free. However, any donation no matter how great or small is greatly appreciated.
Gn. 18: 1 - 10 Cols. 1: 24 - 28 Luke 10 : 38 - 42
$ 4,376.85 - July 14, 2013 Offertory
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education Programs.