5:00 pm [HN] - Ivella Noll (Duquesne Police Dept.)
8:30 am [SH] - Blanche Lewandowski (husband & sons)
10:00 am [HN] - Michael & Kata Tomas/ Drago Spudic (Tomas Family)
10:00 am [SJ] - Marcia Olexa (husband, John)
12:00 pm [HN] - Bob Jordan (Art Jordan & family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Tony Maydak (Dawna)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - Joseph Serenka (wife, Anna Mae)
Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Lou Richards (wife & children)
8:30 am [SH] - Josephine Adams (Hantz Family)
10:00 am [HN] - Oncology Staff – Children’ Hospital (Ernst Family/Gabbie Cifaldi)
June 15 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Dylan & Alexandra Ernst
June 16 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Kevin & Anita Funa
Congratulations to the family of Quinn Marcia Cubakovic who is being baptized this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember J. Terrence Farrell, who died and rose to new life this week.
A DAY OF PRAYER AND REFLECTION FOR WOMEN
On Tuesday, June 18, there will be an afternoon of prayer and reflection for all women in St. Hedwig Church/ Hall. This day will be held in conjunction with the Diocesan request that each parish hold some type of event to celebrate “The Year of Faith.” This experience will be sponsored and hosted by the Christian Mothers. Fr. Angelus Shaughnessy, OFM Capuchin will be our director and speaker for the day.
- Schedule: We will begin by praying the rosary at 11:45 am, followed by Mass at 12:00 noon. There will be a free luncheon for all attendees at 1:00 PM. We will then gather again at 2:00 pm for a talk, exposition and benediction of the Eucharist. The day will conclude by 3:00 pm. There is no charge for this day of prayer.
- Reservations: Everyone will need to make a reservation so that we can make appropriate preparations. To do so, call Pat Schorr (412-675-0169) or Victoria Laban (412-521-0740.) This day of prayer is open not only to all women of both parishes, but any woman who is in need of or seeking spiritual enrichment in their life.
ED CAPRISTO MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING - NEEDS
- We Need: About a dozen or more “Chinese Auction Prizes.” Value should be at least $50.00. If you can donate a prize, call Jean Schleifer (412-466-3300.)
- We Need: Some extra raffle tickets to be purchased. If you can help, call the rectory and we will send as many as you want.
- We Need: Anyone who is just coming to the dinner at the Golf Outing to call in your reservations. Dinner only costs $35.00. The reservations need to be in by Friday, June 14.
ANNUAL INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
Let the donations begin!! Let the fun begin!! We are now ready to begin accepting your donations for this wonderful summer event to be held in the Holy Name Hall on Friday, Saturday and Monday, July 5, 6, & 8. We will take anything that you wish to donate except tires, plants, clothes, computer equipment.
- Drop Off Times: Starts Tuesday, June 11. We will accept your donations every weekday, Monday thru Friday – 9 am – 12 noon and every weekend, Saturday & Sunday – 9 am – 11 am.
- Chinese Auction Prizes: If anyone would like to donate a specialty basket or a prize for the Chinese Auction, please let us know. If you drop them off please put your name on it so we can make sure it gets placed in the proper area.
- Food Items: Our menu this year will consist of: Meatball Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Keilbasi & Kraut, Haluski; Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, pop, water. If anyone would like to make a donation of these items or a monetary donation to help defray the cost, give Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) a call.
- Baked Goods Sale: We will be offering a variety of baked goods. Please plan on baking something to be sold on one of the days or all three.
- Volunteers: If anyone would like to help during the weekdays – Monday thru Friday – 9 am to 12 noon with unpacking donations, setting out items, etc. then give Louise Yevick a call (412- 466-5317.)
- More Volunteers: If you would like to help work the event on Friday, Saturday & Monday, July 5, 6 & 8 give Louise a call. The sale goes from 8 am – 2 pm (Friday & Saturday) and 8 am – 1 pm (Monday.) There are lots of jobs needed to make this a success.
- And More Volunteers: Fr. Dennis needs help with the outdoor portion of this sale. We need lots of volunteers at 7 am to set up. With enough help it takes about 1 hour. He also needs people to stay for the sale. And we need help at 1:30 pm to help with tear down. If you can help any or all 3 days, give Fr. Dennis a call.
PARISH CENSUS & RECORDS UPDATING
In the ongoing need to keep our parishioners records updated and current, we need your help. If any of your adult children have moved out of your home, has gotten married or no longer in the area, please call the rectory. So often, we receive calls for baptism godparents or confirmation sponsors and those requesting have left the area or the parish. Having been baptized at one of our parishes is not a requirement for sponsorship. Sponsorship requires that you are a practicing Catholic and are registered at the parish where you go to church.
“SAVE THE DATE: The Men from both of our parishes will be going on a spiritual retreat in the fall to St. Paul of the Cross Monastery, South Side. The dates will be September 13, 14, 15. This experience is a very spiritual valuable experience for men. Won’t you consider taking this time for yourself. For more information contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or email@example.com.
SIGHT AND SOUND THEATER
The Women’s Focus Group is sponsoring a trip to Lancaster, Pa. to see “Noah.” There are flyers around the churches with all the information that you need to make reservations and participate.
VICTIMS ASSISTANCE HOTLINE NUMBER
The Diocese of Pittsburgh offers assistance with counseling, spiritual direction and referrals to other supportive services to those who have been victims of abuse. For information on any of these supportive services, we invite you to contact our Diocesan Assistance Coordinator (412-456-3060) or 1-888-808-1235.
1 Kgs.17: 17 - 24 Gal. 1: 11 - 19 Luke 7: 11 - 17
$ 5,826.50 - June 2, 2013 Offertory
$ 1,220.00 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 1,156.25 - Oklahoma Disaster Collection
$ 135.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)