5:00 pm [HN] - Frank Pych (wife & daughters)
8:30 am [SH] - Gary Jakub Jr. (Helen Lia)
10:00 am [HN] - Eleanor Rossner (Rich & Patti Michaels)
10:00 am [SJ] - Patricia Douglas (mother, Val Dzurcanin)
12:00 pm [HN] - Clara Jeroski (Mary Yarnell)
12:00 pm [HN] - John & Anna Adams (Bill & Mary)
12:00 pm [HN] - Michael Petrozza (Friends from Morning Mass)
8:00 am [HN] - David Funk (Mimi Spanitz)
5:00 pm [HN] - Ivella Noll (Duquesne Police Dept.)
8:30 am [SH] - Blanche Lewandowski (husband & sons)
10:00 am [HN] - Michael & Kata Tomas/ Drago Spudic (Tomas Family)
June 8 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Aaron Adams & Autumn Adams
June 9 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Madison Deacon & Colby Steinbruegge
Congratulations to the family of Gavin Rocco Delserone and Joselyn Rose King, who were baptized this weekend.
A DAY OF PRAYER AND REFLECTION FOR WOMEN
On Tuesday, June 18, there will be an afternoon of prayer and reflection for all women in St. Hedwig Church/ Hall. This day will be held in conjunction with the Diocesan request that each parish hold some type of event to celebrate “The Year of Faith.” This experience will be sponsored and hosted by the Christian Mothers. Fr. Angelus Shaughnessy, OFM Capuchin will be our director and speaker for the day.
- Schedule: We will begin by praying the rosary at 11:45 am, followed by Mass at 12:00 noon. There will be a free luncheon for all attendees at 1:00 PM. We will then gather again at 2:00 pm for a talk, exposition and benediction of the Eucharist. The day will conclude by 3:00 pm. There is no charge for this day of prayer.
- Reservations: Everyone will need to make a reservation so that we can make appropriate preparations. To do so, call Pat Schorr (412-675-0169) or Victoria Laban (412-521-0740.) This day of prayer is open not only to all women of both parishes, but any woman who is in need of or seeking spiritual enrichment in their life.
PARISH CENSUS & RECORDS UPDATING
In the ongoing need to keep our parishioners records updated and current, we need your help. If any of your adult children have moved out of your home, has gotten married or no longer in the area, please call the rectory. So often, we receive calls for baptism godparents or confirmation sponsors and those requesting have left the area or the parish. Having been baptized at one of our parishes is not a requirement for sponsorship. Sponsorship requires that you are a practicing Catholic and are registered at the parish where you go to church.
ED CAPRISTO MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING
Plans are well underway for our ninth annual “Ed Capristo Memorial” Joint Parish Golf Outing to be held on Monday, June 17 at the Youghigheny Golf Club in Elizabeth Twp. This is a yearly major fundraiser for both of our parishes and we hope that you will participate in some way. Listed is a time line on how things will progress starting this weekend.
- Golfing Invitations: On Friday, announcements & invitations were sent to last years golfers giving them the first opportunity to secure their place again in the outing this year. We have only 128 golfers and usually there is a waiting list.
- All Cash Raffle: Next week, we will be sending invitation letters to parishioners inviting them to participate in the “All Cash Raffle.” You will be invited to buy/sell 4 tickets. They are $2.00 each with two numbers. The prizes are $1,000.00 if the number hits on the evening PA lottery on June 17. There is also a winner of $250.00 for one number above and below the winning number. A $10,000.00 prize will be given if that number also hits on July 4, 2013.
- Participation Invitations: On May 18, we will be attaching flyers to all the bulletins inviting parishioners to participate in various ways by volunteering, donating gifts/prizes, attending the outing or coming just for dinner.
- Volunteer Meeting: There will be a meeting on Monday, June 3rd at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall for anyone wishing to work at the Golf Outing. If you want to volunteer, but can’t be there, let us know email@example.com.
MESSAGE FROM SEMINARIAN JOHN ADAMS (son of Bill and Mary Adams)
It is hard to believe that is has been eight years since I felt God’s vocational calling to serve the Lord in ordained life. Five years have passed since I entered Christ the King Seminary in East Aurora, NY to study for the Diocese of Buffalo, NY. I have received the date for ordination to the diaconate (October 25, 2013.) Your thoughts, support, caring and prayers have sustained me along my journey. I humbly ask for your prayers as I make this final, formal step towards ordination to the priesthood. Be assured of my prayers for you. God’s Blessings - John
ANNUAL INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
Plans are proceeding for our “Summer Flea Market.” It will be held on July 5, 6 & 8. There will be lots of great stuff as usual. We will begin accepting donations on June 11. Times and dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
PLANTS FOR SALE
We are selling the lush green plants adorning the altars during Easter. They are selling small plants - $5.00 and large plants - $10.00. We have palms, Chinese lilies, ferns and pothos. If interested, call the rectory or Ray Judy (412-518-2152.)
FREE STROKE SCREENING
Will be held on Saturday, June 8th in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am – 1 pm. Ages 18 & over welcome. No Insurance required. Screening includes: Stroke risk survey, total cholesterol and HDL, Blood sugar level, blood pressure, carbon monoxide test for smokers. Registration preferred. For information or to register, call 412-469-7100.
“SAVE THE DATE: The Men from both of our parishes will be going on a spiritual retreat in the fall to St. Paul of the Cross Monastery, South Side. The dates will be September 13, 14, 15. This experience is a very spiritual valuable experience for men. Won’t you consider taking this time for yourself. For more information contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGHT AND SOUND THEATER
The Women’s Focus Group is sponsoring a trip to Lancaster, Pa. to see “Noah.” There are flyers around the churches with all the information that you need to make reservations and participate.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE
To date, we have received $25,728.00 in outright donations and pledge payments towards our goal of $54,074.00. We have received 146 responses to our invitation to participate. This leaves us a balance of $28,346.00. Hopefully, everyone will participate in some way so we won’t have to take the balance from our savings at the end of the year. Food for Thought: If 283 people make a donation of at least $100.00, we would hit our goal and have money left over to make parish improvements. However, every donation no matter how great or small is appreciated.
VICTIMS ASSISTANCE HOTLINE NUMBER
The Diocese of Pittsburgh offers assistance with counseling, spiritual direction and referrals to other supportive services to those who have been victims of abuse. For information on any of these supportive services, we invite you to contact our Diocesan Assistance Coordinator (412-456-3060) or 1-888-808-1235.
Gn. 14: 18 - 20 1 Cor. 11: 23 - 26 Luke 9: 11 - 17
$ 4,759.70 - May 26, 2013 Easter Offertory
$ 370.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 165.00 - Love Gift Donations (6)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.
Bishop Zubik has asked that all parishes take up a second collection this weekend, June 1 & 2 to assist the devastated areas of Moore, Oklahoma because of the unprecedented powerful tornado.