5:00 pm [HN] - Agnes Chokota (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Helen & Steve Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - George Lesko (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass – Priests Council
12:00 pm [HN] - Amelia Miller (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Maydak (Dawna)
12:00 pm [HN] - Peace in the World (Edmund Lewandowski)
8:00 am [HN] - Frank & Rose Lokmer (Mickey/Steffie Petrozza)
Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Musati Family (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Val & Nichola Kochuba (Natalie & John)
10:00 am [HN] - Albert & Barbara Melnichak (Ernie/Loretta Ernst)
May 25 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Schae Binger & Shane Kuszaj
May 26 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Cody Fagan & Katrina Janusek
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Paul & Jane Cherkes, and their children, Katie, Michael and Jack who have come to join our parish this week.
MEMORIAL DAY MASS AT ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY
On Memorial Day, May 27 we will celebrate Mass this year in St. Joseph Cemetery at 10:00 am. We celebrate every third year on a rotating cycle at our 3 cemeteries. If it is raining, we will have Mass at 10:30 am in the St. Joseph Church. Everyone is invited to come and remember our deceased loved on. You are asked to bring a chair to sit upon.
ED CAPRISTO MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING
Plans are well underway for our ninth annual “Ed Capristo Memorial” Joint Parish Golf Outing to be held on Monday, June 17 at the Youghigheny Golf Club in Elizabeth Twp. This is a yearly major fundraiser for both of our parishes and we hope that you will participate in some way. Listed is a time line on how things will progress starting this weekend.
- Golfing Invitations: On Friday, announcements & invitations were sent to last years golfers giving them the first opportunity to secure their place again in the outing this year. We have only 128 golfers and usually there is a waiting list.
- All Cash Raffle: Next week, we will be sending invitation letters to parishioners inviting them to participate in the “All Cash Raffle.” You will be invited to buy/sell 4 tickets. They are $2.00 each with two numbers. The prizes are $1,000.00 if the number hits on the evening PA lottery on June 17. There is also a winner of $250.00 for one number above and below the winning number. A $10,000.00 prize will be given if that number also hits on July 4, 2013.
- Participation Invitations: On May 18, we will be attaching flyers to all the bulletins inviting parishioners to participate in various ways by volunteering, donating gifts/prizes, attending the outing or coming just for dinner.
- Volunteer Meeting: There will be a meeting on Monday, June 3rd at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall for anyone wishing to work at the Golf Outing. If you want to volunteer, but can’t be there, let us know firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNUAL INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
Plans are proceeding for our “Summer Flea Market.” It will be held on July 5, 6 & 8. There will be lots of great stuff as usual. We will begin accepting donations on June 11. Times and dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
The Christian Mothers will meet on May 21 beginning with the praying of the Rosary at 11:45 am followed by 12:00 noon Mass in Holy Name Church. Crowning of the Blessed Mother will take place at the meeting in the church hall. Nomination for officers will take place. Luncheon will be served. Members are to bring non-perishable food item for the Intersection.
PLANTS FOR SALE
We are selling the lush green plants adorning the altars during Easter. They are selling small plants - $5.00 and large plants - $10.00. We have palms, Chinese lilies, ferns and pothos. If interested, call the rectory or Ray Judy (412-518-2152.)
FREE STROKE SCREENING
Will be held on Saturday, June 8th in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am – 1 pm. Ages 18 & over welcome. No Insurance required. Screening includes: Stroke risk survey, total cholesterol and HDL, Blood sugar level, blood pressure, carbon monoxide test for smokers. Registration preferred. For information or to register, call 412-469-7100.
LIVER DONOR NEEDED
To my fellow parishioners: I have end stage liver disease. At this point, I need a liver from a cadaver or a procedure called a living donor program. To participate, you need to be 55 years or younger. I have a telephone number if you are interested or know of someone who might be interested in helping me save my life. Call the Starzell institute for transfusion (412-647-5800.) Mention my name Ted Zepp and they will take you from there at no cost to you.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Special French Wine Raffle – We have received a donation of 2 bottles of fine French Wines from the vineyards of “Baronnie d’Estouard Chateauneuf de Pape (1 red & 1 white – valued over $800.00.) Tickets are $10.00. Each ticket has 2 chances. Drawing based on the Pa. Evening Daily 3 digit number on December 1, 2013. Give these tickets as presents throughout the year (i.e. Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthday Days, Anniversaries.) We thought these would make a great Christmas present to give for the winner. Contact the church office by phone or mail and we will send you the tickets you need or email email@example.com to order your ticket. If anyone would like to take some tickets to sell, let us know.
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
Acts 2: 1 - 11 1 Cor. 12: 3 – 7, 12 - 13 John 14: 15 – 16, 23 - 26
$ 5,766.25 - May 12, 2013 Easter Offertory
$ 599.00 - Ascension
$ 1,324.58 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 115.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)