5:00 pm [HN] - Bess Stipetich/Eleanor Shroads/Phyllis Nestor (Carol/Garret Shroads)
8:30 am [SH] - Joseph Serenka (Jean Onderko)
10:00 am [HN] - Michelle Jugan (Dave Breznak)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Fleming (Lori Lee)
12:00 pm [HN] - Al Salopek & family (wife)
12:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Skweres & Kosko Fams. (Mary Louise)
12:00 pm [HN] - Rose & Louis Krutz (Ron/Hilda Krutz)
8:00 am [HN] - Deceased of the Findrick Family (Margaret Findrick)
Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Agnes Chokota (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Helen & Steve Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - George Lesko (family)
May 18 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Madison Deacon & Jacqueline Emery
May 19 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Tyler Gedman & Owen Provident
NEXT WEEKEND - PENTECOST SUNDAY - WEAR RED
Next weekend, May 18/19, is the Feast of Pentecost. It is the fullness and end of the Easter Season. The apostles of Jesus were filled with His Holy Spirit and were able to boldly and courageously proclaim their faith in Him through their words and actions. As a sign of our commitment to Christ and our faith, everyone is asked to WEAR SOMETHING RED to Mass next weekend.
MEMORIAL DAY MASS AT ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY
On Memorial Day, May 27 we will celebrate Mass this year in St. Joseph Cemetery at 10:00 am. We celebrate every third year on a rotating cycle at our 3 cemeteries. If it is raining, we will have Mass at 10:30 am in the St. Joseph Church. Everyone is invited to come and remember our deceased loved on. You are asked to bring a chair to sit upon.
SEASONAL WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
We have returned to our “Summer Weekend Mass Schedule.” Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name Church; Sunday morning – 8:30 am – St. Hedwig Church; Sunday morning – 10:00 am – Holy Name Church. Keep this handy for easy reference.
ED CAPRISTO MEMORIAL JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING
Plans are well underway for our ninth annual “Ed Capristo Memorial” Joint Parish Golf Outing to be held on Monday, June 17 at the Youghigheny Golf Club in Elizabeth Twp. This is a yearly major fundraiser for both of our parishes and we hope that you will participate in some way. Listed is a time line on how things will progress starting this weekend.
- Golfing Invitations: On Friday, announcements & invitations were sent to last years golfers giving them the first opportunity to secure their place again in the outing this year. We have only 128 golfers and usually there is a waiting list.
- All Cash Raffle: Next week, we will be sending invitation letters to parishioners inviting them to participate in the “All Cash Raffle.” You will be invited to buy/sell 4 tickets. They are $2.00 each with two numbers. The prizes are $1,000.00 if the number hits on the evening PA lottery on June 17. There is also a winner of $250.00 for one number above and below the winning number. A $10,000.00 prize will be given if that number also hits on July 4, 2013.
- Participation Invitations: On May 18, we will be attaching flyers to all the bulletins inviting parishioners to participate in various ways by volunteering, donating gifts/prizes, attending the outing or coming just for dinner.
LIVER DONOR NEEDED
To my fellow parishioners: I have end stage liver disease. At this point, I need a liver from a cadaver or a procedure called a living donor program. To participate, you need to be 55 years or younger. I have a telephone number if you are interested or know of someone who might be interested in helping me save my life. Call the Starzell institute for transfusion (412-647-5800.) Mention my name Ted Zepp and they will take you from there at no cost to you.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
Christ the Light of the World will be hosting a “Protecting God’s Children” workshop on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 9:00 am in the Holy Name Hall. This informative workshop is part of the requirement for those volunteering in any way at a parish. Discussed will be how child abusers groom their victims; signs to look out for and ways to prevent child abuse. The class is free of charge. There is no test. To register, call the rectory (421-469-0196) or email Terry at: email@example.com.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Special French Wine Raffle – We have received a donation of 2 bottles of fine French Wines from the vineyards of “Baronnie d’Estouard Chateauneuf de Pape (1 red & 1 white – valued over $800.00.) Tickets are $10.00. Each ticket has 2 chances. Drawing based on the Pa. Evening Daily 3 digit number on December 1, 2013. Give these tickets as presents throughout the year (i.e. Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthday Days, Anniversaries.) We thought these would make a great Christmas present to give for the winner. Contact the church office by phone or mail and we will send you the tickets you need or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order your ticket. If anyone would like to take some tickets to sell, let us know.
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
CATHOLIC CHARITIES ALLEGHENY COUNTY COUNSELING SERVICES
“Did you know…Catholic Charities provides counseling services? We have a certified gambling addiction counselor on staff and offer counseling for persons dealing with a gambling addiction. Through our Free Health Care Center, we offer free therapy for adults who have no health insurance, for depression, anxiety, and life circumstance issues. Please call (412-456-6910 for more information or Kathleen Zamperini, Counseling Director (412-456-6951.) All calls are confidential. For more information about all Catholic Charities programs and services visit www.ccpgh.org.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM UPDATE
We would like to report that we have received $19,877.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 127 donors towards our goal of $54.074.00. This leaves us a balance of $34,187.00 to be paid by the end of December. Food for Thought: If 341 people make a donation of at least one hundred dollars, we would have no trouble hitting our goal. It appears that some people have digested this “food for thought” and have responded. However, every gift/donation no matter how great or small is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your efforts.
Acts 7: 55 – 60 Revs. 22: 12 -14, 16 - 20 John 17: 20 - 26
$ 4,743.90 - May, 2013 Easter Offertory
$ 707.00 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 4,955.00 - Easter Bunny Raffle Profit
$ 115.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)