5:00 pm [HN] - Frank & Assunta D’Amico (John & Natalie)
9:00 am [SJ] - Agnes Funk (Ann Breznak)
11:30 am [HN] - Living & Deceased of the Sgroi Fam. (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ellen Ann Cheke (niece, Marie & Jerry Burrell)
12:00 pm [HN] - Helen McGuirk (Alice Banikulis)
12:00 pm [HN] - Anthony R. Maydak (daughter, Dawna)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ramon Jakub (B.G. Rossner)
8:00 am [HN] - Jeanne Boyer (Maureen Kollar)
5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Musati Family (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ron Katchur (Joe & Melissa Ernst)
11:30 am [HN] - Barb DeRosse (Pat & Jhon)
April 13 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Faith & Frank Provance
April 14 - Sunday - 10:00 am - Brittany Davis & Zach Denne
April 14 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Katrina Janusek & Gabriella Emery
HOLY WEEK/EASTER MEMORIES & THANK YOU'S
This past Holy Week/Easter Feast was one that will remain forever imbedded in the minds and hearts of those who participated in them. Wherever I went this week, someone would come up to give their thanks about how moved, touched and genuinely inspired they were at the services they attended and experienced. Despite the physical limitations of your pastor, we were able to execute smooth, spiritually uplifting and creative liturgies. This happened because of the several dozen parishioners who volunteer to help. Liturgy and spirituality are a priority in their life and for the life of our parishes. As your Pastor, I am grateful to everyone who cared enough; who made my job easier, and who are genuinely concerned. I hope that everyone will pour out their gratitude to the music ministry and choir; to the readers, servers, ushers; to those who brought in the decorations; the helpers who follow my decorating directions explicitly; to those who get ready, set up, cleanup; to those who in any great or small way help make what we do in the churches of Duquesne truly special. These people give their time, talent, energy and vitality simply because the love their parish.
I would like to express a special thanks to everyone who offers their prayers and heartfelt concerns for my well being, especially those who go out of their way to do those things that when we are well we may take for granted, but when can’t, the thought and out pouring of concern is appreciated more than you can imagine.
Congratulations is extended to the family of Stella Jane Geffert, who is baptized this weekend.
We will be celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation on Thursday, April 18 in Holy Name Church with Bishop William Winter presiding. Practice: for all candidates and sponsors will take place on Sunday, April 14 at 12:30 pm in Holy Name Church. Practice should be take less than one hour. All candidates must have their sponsor’s name and confirmation name ready for Fr. Dennis at the last class on April 7.
CHRISTIAN MOTHER'S NEWS
The Christian Mothers will meet on Tuesday, April 16 in Holy Name Church for Mass at noon beginning with the praying of the rosary at 11:45 am. This is the annual Salad Bar Luncheon. Members are to bring a small salad. Cost is $5.00. Chairladies are Carol Horgan and Alberta Webb. Reservations are taken by Kathy Hilley (412-466-5084.) Deadline for reservations is April 14. Also, bring a non-perishable food item for the Intersection.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE WINNERS
March 31 - #380 (Mike and Janis Kamauf; April 1 - #631 (not purchased); April 2 - #718 (Tom Kolodziej); April 2 - #071 (not purchased); April 3 - #095 (Ernst.) All winners checks will be mailed out the Friday of the week that the number is published.
- We would like to thank the family of Bob Novak, who made a gift of $1,000.00 to the parish in his name and in his memory.
- Fr. Dennis has received many phone calls, notes, verbal comments from our elderly parishioners and their families expressing their appreciation and gratitude to all the parishioners who participated in the “Elderly Outreach” during Lent/Easter. Their hearts are touched and uplifted knowing that they are thought about, remembered and still cared for.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Special French Wine Raffle – We have received a donation of 2 bottles of fine French Wines from the vineyards of “Baronnie d’Estouard Chateauneuf de Pape (1 red & 1 white – valued over $800.00.) Tickets are $10.00. Each ticket has 2 chances. Drawing based on the Pa. Evening Daily 3 digit number on December 1, 2013. Give these tickets as presents throughout the year (i.e. Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthday Days, Anniversaries.) We thought these would make a great Christmas present to give for the winner. Contact the church office by phone or mail and we will send you the tickets you need or email email@example.com to order your ticket. If anyone would like to take some tickets to sell, let us know.
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM
The annual 2013 Parish Share Program is underway. Invitations to participate have been sent to all parishioners. We are hoping that you will consider making a donation to help us meet this goal. Our assessment this year based on 17.6% of our total assessable income from last year is $54,074.00. This is about $5.000.00 less than last year, due to less income to the parish, as well as donations to the extra PSP envelope. Last year (2012), we fell short of our goal by $7,072.90 and had to take it from parish savings. If everyone would do something, we can meet this goal and if we go over those monies stay with the parish tax free.
Food for thought: Every donation/gift no matter how large or small is greatly appreciated. However, this week we had about 40 responses and about 25 of them were for $100.00 or more. If 500 people participated in this way we would hit our goal and be able to use the overage for needed maintenance and upkeep issues in our parish.
Acts 5: 12 - 16 Revs. 1: 9 - 19 John 20 : 19 - 31
$ 11,181.00 - March 31, 2013 Easter Offertory
$ 892.00 - Utilities
$ 970.00 - Holy Land Collection
$ 375.00 - Love Gift Donations (9)