5:00 pm [HN] - Ross & Roy Wilcox (children)
9:00 am [SJ] - Jerome & Agnes Funk (Ron & Pat Funk family)
11:30 am [HN] - Stephen & Josephine Adams (Dave & Lisa Melkon)
12:00 pm [HN] - Betty Ignat (Rich & Debbie Ignat)
12:00 pm [HN] - Alex Findrick (wife, Margaret)
12:00 pm [HN] - Noramae DiPaolo (Kevin & Kathy Kuremsky)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass - Priest Clergy Council
8:00 am [HN] - Patrick Byrne (Mary Mayher)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Lamanna & Guzewicz Fams. (Donna & Bob Guzewicz)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mary Baptie (Sharon Carfong)
11:30 am [HN] - Deceased of the Curran Fam. & Mary J. Wilson (family)
Mar 16 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Dylan & Alexandria Ernst
Mar 17 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Justin Molanick & Josh Revak
Mar 17 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Trey & Trent Manspeaker
Congratulations to the families of Colin James Allen, Emory Claire Brandebura and Malcolm Andrew Foley, all who were baptized into God’s family this weekend.
BISHOP DAVID ZUBIK TO VISIT DUQUESNE
I recently received a call from Bishop Zubik’s office, informing me that he wished to come to celebrate liturgy in Duquesne. He requested that since he has not said Mass in St. Joseph Church, that he wished to celebrate Mass there. I have confirmed his invitation. He will celebrate the 9:00 am Mass, March 24 (Palm Sunday.) I have been told that the seminarians from St. Paul Seminary will accompany him. I am extending the invitation for them to attend our Caring Ministry Breakfast Buffet that morning as our guests.
- Feed the Hungry (with dignity and ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking you to donate food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need; everyone young and old can participate. Drop them in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope, “Feed the Hungry.”
- Coin Collection: Save those coins to be offered on Holy Thursday for the needy and the poor.
CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
After all the weekend Masses on March 16/17. We will celebrate communally in a guilt free, non-judgmental way. The format will be the same as the last few liturgical seasons. Fr. Tom Dansak, will be here. Anyone wishing a private confession during Lent should call Fr. Dennis.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, March 24th in the Holy Name Hall from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm. Menu includes: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, homefries, French toast, fresh fruit, Danish rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: Adults - $7.00, children (1st child – 12 & under) - $4.00 – other family children eat free. All proceeds this year will be donated to Mike’s Fight as part of our participation in this very worthy cause.
- Family Special - in order to encourage families with children to attend, families with multiple children pay only for the first child. All other family children eat free.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to work this event that morning. It is a great opportunity for those who work during the week to volunteer. We expect a great turnout because the proceeds are being donated to “Mike’s Fight” and Fr. Dennis’ invitation to Bishop Zubik to attend after his Mass at St. Joseph at 9:00 am. If you can help, call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or email@example.com.
- Make a Donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray costs, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection. Mark the envelope “BREAKFAST.”
- Baked Goods: If anyone would like to donate baked goods to be sold, bring them to the hall that morning.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Kick off Event: Saturday, March 16 – Beer and Wine Tasting – “Pour for a Cure”– will be held in the Holy Name Hall from 6:30 – 10:00 pm. We will be tasting 6 types of beers; 8 types of wines – 3 white & 3 red & 2 homemade. There will be appetizers and light snacks. You are invited to bring a hot or cold hors d’oeuvres or a dessert for sharing. We are selling ONLY 150 places for this event. Donation is $25.00. There will be a 50/50 raffle and specialty baskets.
How you can help:
Come to the event – bring some friends for a great cause and lots of fun for a great evening out. Donate: A specialty basket, or food item, monetary donation to defray the cost, a case of water, pepsi or diet pepsi.
Sponsor a Tasting Table: for a $100.00 donation you can have your business or family name on a tasting table.
Reservations & Tickets: To make a reservation, go to firstname.lastname@example.org and place your order for tickets. Send your donation to the rectory and we will send you your tickets.
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
Invitations were sent inviting parishioners to participate in this successful fundraiser. It will run from March 31 thru April 30 with a $100.00 winner each day, except Easter Sunday & April 12 (Income Tax Day) - $200.00 prize. The winner is based on the PA daily 3 digit evening lottery. This is a great gift for an Easter basket stuffer, as well as a great way to support YOUR parish. If you could buy a few extras, it would really help out.
YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
To request your yearly contributions to the church for 2012, you may call the parish office (412-469-0196 – during the week) or email your request at email@example.com. They will be mailed to you the Friday after you make your request.
“A Day Together” – the 8th annual gathering of Catholic Men sponsored by the Diocese of Pittsburgh. Does God answer your prayers? Does God have a place in your life? You are not alone. Learn the causes and real life solution to the most alarming phenomena affecting American men in our time. April 6, 2013 – A.J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University.
ETHNIC EASTER EGG WRAPS
G. C. U. #117 is making (Pysanky) Ukranian/OldWorld/Slavic Pin Designs. $4.00 per pack of 12 wraps. Call Ann (412-466-7294) to place an order.
Joshua 5: 9 - 12 2 Cor. 5: 17 - 21 Luke 15: 1 – 3, 11 - 32
$ 6,423.00 - March 3, 2013 Offertory
$ 1,446.45 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 255.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)