5:00 pm [HN] - Lamanna & Guzewicz Fams. (Donna & Bob Guzewicz)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mary Baptie (Sharon Carfong)
11:30 am [HN] - Deceased of the Curran Fam. & Mary J. Wilson (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (Richard & Mary Jane Davies)
12:00 pm [HN] - Blanche Lewandowski (husband & sons)
12:00 pm [HN] - Frank Lokmer (sons, Frank & John)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ellen Cheke (daughters, Patti & Kathleen)
8:00 am [HN] - Alex Frizzi (Howard Biharry)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
5:00 pm [HN] - Bob Novak (Glenn & Gloria Garbart)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ken Younkin & Andy/Mary Skweres (Mary Louise)
11:30 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
Mar 23 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Faith Provance & Olivia Studnicki
Mar 24 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Paul Ruhl, Zach Denne, Brittany Davis, Tyler Gedman, Maura Brennan,Shane Kuszaj
Mar 24 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Christina & Jacqueline Emery
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Victoria Abbatangelo, Patricia Douglas & Edward Turkowski who died this week.
BISHOP DAVID ZUBIK TO VISIT DUQUESNE
I recently received a call from Bishop Zubik’s office, informing me that he wished to come to celebrate liturgy in Duquesne. He requested that since he has not said Mass in St. Joseph Church, that he wished to celebrate Mass there. I have confirmed his invitation. He will celebrate the 9:00 am Mass, March 24 (Palm Sunday.) I have been told that the seminarians from St. Paul Seminary will accompany him. I am extending the invitation for them to attend our Caring Ministry Breakfast Buffet that morning as our guests.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, March 24th in the Holy Name Hall from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm. Menu includes: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, homefries, French toast, fresh fruit, Danish rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: Adults - $7.00, children (1st child – 12 & under) - $4.00 – other family children eat free. All proceeds this year will be donated to Mike’s Fight as part of our participation in this very worthy cause.
- Family Special - in order to encourage families with children to attend, families with multiple children pay only for the first child. All other family children eat free.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to work this event that morning. It is a great opportunity for those who work during the week to volunteer. We expect a great turnout because the proceeds are being donated to “Mike’s Fight” and Fr. Dennis’ invitation to Bishop Zubik to attend after his Mass at St. Joseph at 9:00 am. If you can help, call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or email@example.com.
- Make a Donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray costs, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection. Mark the envelope “BREAKFAST.”
- Baked Goods: If anyone would like to donate baked goods to be sold, bring them to the hall that morning.
EASTER FLOWER SALE
We will be selling varieties of Easter flowers on Palm Sunday at the Buffet Breakfast and after Saturday evening Mass that weekend. Some of the varieties are: lilies, tulips, hyacinths, hydrangeas, daisy mums at various prices. The proceeds from this sale will go to Mike’s Fight.
- Feed the Hungry (with dignity and ease): Instead of bringing food, we are asking you to donate food gift cards. Those who receive can get what they need; everyone young and old can participate. Drop them in the collection or mail to the rectory. If you want to make a monetary donation, do the same. Mark the envelope, “Feed the Hungry.”
- Coin Collection: Save those coins to be offered on Holy Thursday for the needy and the poor.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM
The annual 2013 Parish Share Program is underway. Invitations to participate have been sent to all parishioners. We are hoping that you will consider making a donation to help us meet this goal. Our assessment this year based on 17.6% of our total assessable income from last year is $54,074.00. This is about $5.000.00 less than last year, due to less income to the parish, as well as donations to the extra PSP envelope. Last year (2012), we fell short of our goal by $7,072.90 and had to take it from parish savings. If everyone would do something, we can meet this goal and if we go over those monies stay with the parish tax free.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
Invitations were sent inviting parishioners to participate in this successful fundraiser. It will run from March 31 thru April 30 with a $100.00 winner each day, except Easter Sunday & April 12 (Income Tax Day) - $200.00 prize. The winner is based on the PA daily 3 digit evening lottery. This is a great gift for an Easter basket stuffer, as well as a great way to support YOUR parish. If you could buy a few extras, it would really help out.
YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
To request your yearly contributions to the church for 2012, you may call the parish office (412-469-0196 – during the week) or email your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be mailed to you the Friday after you make your request.
“A Day Together” – the 8th annual gathering of Catholic Men sponsored by the Diocese of Pittsburgh. Does God answer your prayers? Does God have a place in your life? You are not alone. Learn the causes and real life solution to the most alarming phenomena affecting American men in our time. April 6, 2013 – A.J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University.
Is. 43: 16 - 21 Philps. 3: 8 - 14 John 8: 1 - 11
$ 4,716.00 - March 10, 2013 Offertory
$ 310.00 - Human Development
$ 215.00 - Love Gift Donations (6)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Educatino Programs.