5:00 pm [HN] - Malachi Urbini (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Charles/Elizabeth Ruhe & Andrew/Hilda Sablo (Chas. Ruhe Fam.)
11:30 am [HN] - Dorothy Fullerton (M/M Mario DeLuca)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph M. Hrabchak (Joanne & Ken Matthews)
12:00 pm [HN] - In honor of the Holy Face of Jesus
7:00 am [HN] - Service (Ashes & Communion)
12:00 pm [HN] - Michael Maloney Jr. (aunt, Dolly)
6:00 pm [HN] - Service (Ashes & Communion)
12:00 pm [HN] - Brownie Gaca (Starmack Family)
8:00 am [HN] - Lawrence Weber (Rose Naughton Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
5:00 pm [HN] - Ed & Thelma Wisbar (Daveen & Shaun)
9:00 am [SJ] - Paul Kuszaj (Ruhl Family)
11:30 am [HN] - Michael Bytzura (family)
Feb 16 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Aaron & Autumn Adams
Feb 17 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Zach Denne & Josh Revak
Feb 17 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Kevin & Anita Funa
ASH WEDNESDAY LITURGICAL SERVICES
- We will have a short distribution of ashes and communion service at 7:00 am in Holy Name Church. Mass with ashes at 12 noon in Holy Name Church. Distribution of Ashes and Communion at 6:00 pm in Holy Name Church.
- For the sick: Anyone wishing to take ashes to a sick relative or shutin can do so by bringing a small envelope and picking up a SMALL amount of ashes after the services and Mass.
- Children: Since the reception of ashes is a sign of repentance, pre-school age children do not receive ashes
ASH WEDNESDAY FISH FRY
- Menu: Baked & Fried Fish Dinners and Sandwiches, Shrimp, Haluski, Homemade Potato Soup, Baked Mac n Cheese, French Fries, Cole Slaw. Baked Goods will be available also.
- Time Change: we will be staying open until 7:00 pm, in order to give the working people the opportunity to attend the 6 pm liturgical service and get dinner afterwards.
- Servers: we need people to serve our guests. If you can come all day or for a few hours, give Tony Chepanoske (412-469-0845.) He will be organizing the server teams. You may email also. email@example.com.
- Night Before Helpers: help is needed the night before, Feb 12 at 6:30 pm to prepare, set-up and get ready. If you can come for a while, give Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) a call.
- Clean up Crew: Dave Pribish will be heading up a cleanup crew that evening. Giving a couple of hours that evening will be a big help. This is a good opportunity for people who work to participate. Call Dave (412-726-0415.)
- We Deliver: We deliver orders to places of business, companies, stores,etc. Just give us a call at (412-466-8960.)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
This year, during the Fridays of Lent, we will be praying the Stations of the Cross at 12:00 noon each week in Holy Name Church.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- We set up an email account so others can be in touch with what is going on and volunteer their services, such as babysitting, meals, transportation, etc. The account is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. A special page has also been created on the website so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Kick off Event: Saturday, March 16 – Beer and Wine Tasting. Come and meet Mike and Megan. Planning meeting for this event is on for Monday, Feb. 11, 6:30 pm – Holy Name Hall.
- Other Ideas & Events: Caring Ministry Palm Sunday Breakfast & Easter Flower Sale proceeds will go to “Mikes Fight. Soup Sale; Concert in Church (Music Ministry); All ideas welcome and appreciated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
REPORT TO THE PASTOR FROM THE REGIONAL VICAR
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012, Bishop Zubik’s representative our regional vicar, the Very Reverend Frederick Cain visited with the lay leadership of both of our parishes (Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph finance councils and pastoral councils.) He met in the afternoon with the paid staff and in the evening with the lay leadership teams of our parishes. Fr. Dennis was excluded from these meetings, so those attending could feel free to express themselves openly, honestly and in a genuine candid manner. Please find this report on the pages distributed around the sides and back of our churches the Vicar’s report in its entirety. For those who may have missed it last week. It is presented for your prayerful reflection and information.
YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
We are now ready to begin preparing the “Yearly Financial Statements” for your monetary contributions to the church during the year 2012. To request yours, you may call the parish office (412-469-0196 – during the week) or email your request at email@example.com. They will be mailed to you the Friday after you make your request.
“A Day Together” – the 8th annual gathering of Catholic Men sponsored by the Diocese of Pittsburgh. Does God answer your prayers? Does God have a place in your life? You are not alone. Learn the causes and real life solution to the most alarming phenomena affecting American men in our time. April 6, 2013 – A.J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University.
FINAL 2012 PARISH SHARE REPORT
We would like to present this final report for the 2012 PSP year. We received $51,555.10 in donations and pledge payments towards our goal of $58,628.00. We fell $7,072.90 short of our goal and have to take the balance out of parish savings. Thank You: is extended to the 206 people who participated by making a donation. Your generosity is appreciated. Food for thought: For those of you who didn’t participate for whatever reason, we lose on 2 fronts – diminishing our savings for parish improvements and not decreasing our assessment for next year. The 2013 campaign begins in one month.
Is. 6: 1 – 2, 3 - 8 1 Cor. 15: 1 - 11 Luke 5 1 - 11
$ 4,535.50 - February 3, 2013 Offertory
$ 688.00 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 1,295.67 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 220.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)