5:00 pm [HN] - Ed & Thelma Wisbar (Daveen & Shaun)
9:00 am [SJ] - Paul Kuszaj (Ruhl Family)
11:30 am [HN] - Michael Bytzura (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Louis Gaca (Rosemary Negley)
12:00 pm [HN] - Erma Schaming (Walt & Carol Worek)
12:00 pm [HN] - John Koller (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Lou Gedman (Jack White)
8:00 am [HN] - Rose Marcic (Karen Lisi)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stations of the Cross
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Catherine Falvo (Frank, Sandy, Gene & Terry)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mary Janusek (Bill/Elaine Bost & family)
11:30 am [HN] - Betty Ingnat (Jim & Karen Hess)
Feb 23 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Schae Binder & Maura Brennan
Feb 24 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Dylan Ernst & Trey Manspeaker
Feb 24 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Katrina Janusek & Justin Molanick
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Mark & Deanna Dugan and daughter, Madelyn Rose and Zach & Theresa Feschuk and children, Angel – Inez & Giavanna Star, who have joined our parish.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Frances Karbowiak, who died and rose to new life with the Lord.
Congratulations to the families of Anthony Rocco Leber, Arabella Cynthia-Rose Reynolds and Bentley Michael Spence, all who are baptized into God’s family this weekend.
MIKE'S FIGHT - BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
JOIN THE FIGHT to support the Mike and Megan Walters family as they battle Mike’s aggressive form of leukemia and do what we do best………. HELP OTHERS!
- Kick off Event: Saturday, March 16 – Beer and Wine Tasting – “Pour for a Cure”– will be held in the Holy Name Hall from 6:30 – 10:00 pm. We will be tasting 6 types of beers; 8 types of wines – 3 white & 3 red & 2 homemade. There will be appetizers and light snacks. You are invited to bring a hot or cold hors d’oeuvres or a dessert for sharing. We are selling ONLY 150 places for this event. Donation is $25.00. There will be a 50/50 raffle and specialty baskets.
How you can help: Come to the event – bring some friends for a great cause and lots of fun for a great evening out.
Donate: A specialty basket, or food item, monetary donation to defray the cost, a case of water, pepsi or diet pepsi.
Sponsor a Tasting Table: for a $100.00 donation you can have your business or family name on a tasting table.
Reservations & Tickets: To make a reservation, go to email@example.com and place your order for tickets. Send your donation to the rectory and we will send you your tickets.
- Their Story: On the home page of our parish website (www.christthelightoftheworld.org), you can see a picture and related story of this family. Hopefully, you will share it with your facebook friends and encourage them to help and participate in anyway that they might feel moved.
- We set up an email account so others can be in touch with what is going on and volunteer their services, such as babysitting, meals, transportation, etc. The account is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Giving: We have set up a “bucket” on the parish website so donations can be given electronically. We are going to have a “link” on the site so everyone can be informed and updated.
- Other Ideas & Events: Caring Ministry Palm Sunday Breakfast & Easter Flower Sale proceeds will go to “Mikes Fight. Soup Sale; Concert in Church (Music Ministry.) All ideas welcome and appreciated.
- Donations: Monetary donations can be sent to the rectory. Make checks to “Friends of the Needy” on the memo line note “Mikes Fight.”
MEMORIAL EASTER FLOWERS
Make a donation in memory or honor of a family member, friend, loved one. Use the Easter flower envelope in your monthly contribution packet. Drop your donation in the collection or mail to the rectory anytime up until Easter. Make sure you write the names of those to be remembered or honored. A memorial listing will be published after Easter.
YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
We are now ready to begin preparing the “Yearly Financial Statements” for your monetary contributions to the church during the year 2012. To request yours, you may call the parish office (412-469-0196 – during the week) or email your request at email@example.com. They will be mailed to you the Friday after you make your request.
“A Day Together” – the 8th annual gathering of Catholic Men sponsored by the Diocese of Pittsburgh. Does God answer your prayers? Does God have a place in your life? You are not alone. Learn the causes and real life solution to the most alarming phenomena affecting American men in our time. April 6, 2013 – A.J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University.
WOMEN'S CLUB FUNDRAISER
The Women’s Club of Duquesne is sponsoring a brown bag lunch bingo on Sunday, March 3 at Sts. Peter & Paul Church, Foster Ave., Duquesne. The doors open at 12:30, early birds at 1:00 pm. Donation is $10.00. Door Prizes, Chinese Auction, etc. For tickets, call Jeanne (412-466-8059 or 412-466-8535)
Deut. 26: 4 - 10 Rms. 10: 8 - 13 Luke $: 1 - 13
$ 5,106.75 - February 10, 2013 Offertory
$ 425.00 - Love Gift Donations (8)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
This week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education Programs.