5:00 pm [HN] - Al Andres (Mary Ann Powers)
9:00 am [SJ] - George Ragan Jr. (Mary & Ron Mital)
11:30 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
12:00 pm [HN] - Arthur Eicholtz Jr. (Tom & Mary Regina)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary & Nicholas Pellasce (dgtrs. Beverly & Mary Ann)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Yarnell (Stella Knapp)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - Kathryn McCawley (Maureen Kollar)
5:00 pm [HN] - Mark Bujdos (Shirley Daley)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ann Ruhl (family)
11:30 am [HN] - Mary Baptie (family)
Dec 7 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Trent & Trey Manspeaker
Dec 8 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Aaron & Autumn Adams
Dec 8 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Madison Deacon & Justin Molanick
Congratulations to the family of Luke Edward Schueler, who is baptized this weekend.
CELEBRATING THE SEASON OF ADVENT
- Advent/Christmas Theme: Our theme for this year is “The Wait is Almost Over…And God Comes.” May each of us use the Liturgical aids provided to help make us spiritually and prayerfully ready to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas – the birth of Christ and give in to and solely focus in on the commercial side of this season.
- Elderly Reachout; Spread the spirit of the season by reaching out to our parishioners who are listed on this downloadable PDF. We can make them feel still part of our parish and help them not to feel forgotten.
- Seasonal Symbol: This symbol highlights our theme and can be displayed at home, on your tree or door, at work to remind you each day to keep focused and what the season is all about.
- Advent in My Pocket: This small plastic reminder for your key chain or pocket entitled, “Advent – Light of the World” to help keep you focused and aware of the importance of the Advent & Christmas seasons.
- Seasonal Spiritual Aides: These reading materials were chosen to enrich and inspire you. “Waiting for God (Advent reflection & prayer with Henri Nouwen); “Little Blue Books” (6 minute daily meditations); “The Word Among Us” (meditations from Scripture)
- Advent for Kids: “Jesus is Coming” (daily thoughts, activities and prayers for children)
- Rite & Sacrament of Reconciliation: Celebrate this sacrament in a guilt free, non – judgmental way after all the weekend Masses on Dec. 21/22. For those desiring private in the box confessions, they will be available at 11:00 am on Dec. 21.
MORE ADVENT NEWS
- Memorial Christmas Flowers: Use your “Christmas Flower envelope” to make a donation in memory or honor of a family member, friend or loved one. Write down their names. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory until Christmas. A memorial listing will be published after the Christmas season.
- Christmas Wafers (Oplatki): These wafers will be available at the Holy Name Rectory, Monday thru Friday (9am – 4 pm) and from the ushers at the 5 pm Sat. and the 11:30 am Sun. Masses.
- Reachout: reachout with a gift card or monetary donation to help some poor and needy family for Christmas. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory. Mark the envelop “Reachout.”
MORE PRAYERS FOR FR. DENNIS
Just before ALL the weekend Masses, whoever wishes “to do what we do best (pray)” is invited to participate in the praying of the St. Jude novena for the complete recovery of Fr. Dennis. The novena will run for the customary 9 weeks of praying, ending Sunday, December 29th. The novena is very brief, but very powerful. Please arrive at church at least 10 minutes early for the start of the novena. Although our focus is on Fr. Dennis, anyone who has an impossible situation can write their request on a card and give to Ray Judy or Paul Ruhl before the novena starts OR put your written prayer request in the bowls in front of our churches and your intention will be read aloud during the petition part of the novena.
THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST BUFFET & CHRISTMAS POINSETTIA SALE
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Breakfast Buffet” this Sunday, December 1st from 9 am – 1:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall. Donation: Adults - $7.00, Children (12 & under – first child - $4.00, other family children eat free. All proceeds benefit the Caring Ministry.
We are also having a “Christmas Poinsettia Sale.”. Flowers will be available for sale Saturday, November 30 after Mass and at the breakfast. They will come in red, white and pink colors for $8.00. They are multi-bloom 6 inch pots.
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING HOMEMADE SOUP & CHILI SALE
On the weekend of December 14/15, we are going to have a “Soup & Chili Sale” for those who want home style cooking during this busy time. We are offering 3 menu items (Italian Wedding Soup, Broccoli Cheddar Soup & Chili.) They are being prepared by some of the parish’s best chefs. These are takeouts ONLY. They will be packaged in quart size containers for $5.00 a quart. You may stop down to the Holy Name Hall before or after Masses that weekend. You may order as many and as much as you like. We are taking orders by phone or email. Depending on the amount of orders, we may not be taking any walk in customers.
- Prepsters: We need some volunteers to do some prep work for the sale. If you are able to give a couple hours on Friday, give Ray Judy a call (412-518-2152.)
- To order: Call rectory (412-469-0196) or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org. Provide your name, phone, kind of soup and how many you wish to order. All orders MUST be made by December 10th.
STITCHES OF LOVE - KNITTING/CROCHET GROUP NEWS
This group has made “lap afghans” for all the individuals listed on our Advent Elderly Reachout List for both parishes. They have been packaged and are ready for distribution. We are enlisting family members to help us distribute these Christmas gifts, especially to loved ones out of the area. Please contact Pat Schorr (412-675-0169) or Kathy Hilley (412-466-5084) to make arrangements for pickup. God Bless You & Happy Holidays from “Stitches of Love.”
STOCKING STUFFER "HOLIDAY RAFFLE"
Once again, this year we are having our “Holiday Raffle.” It will begin Dec. 25, 2013 and run thru Jan. 25, 2014. $100.00 winner each day based on the 3-digit PA. Lottery evening number. Dec. 25 & Jan. 1 - $200.00 winners. These fundraisers are one of the ways we keep our parishes going, so hopefully everyone is on board with sharing this responsibility. If anyone could buy a few extra tickets, we would sell out and thus have a greater profit for the parish. Just give us a call or email and we will send you what you need.
END OF THE YEAR - REMEMBERING YOUR PARISH
This is the time of the year when many people are looking to make substantial charitable donations for tax write off purposes. Please consider making that donation to your parish. God knows we can use it and it is certainly appreciated.
Is: 2: 1 - 5 Rms. 13: 11 - 14 Mt. 24: 37 - 44
$ 4,166.35 - November 24, 2013 Offertory
$ 1,310.43 - Philippines Collection
$ 510.00 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 835.00 - Utilities
$ 100.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)