5:00 pm [HN] - Patricia Anderson (Pirle, Kmetz & Anderson Fams.)
9:00 am [SJ] - Celeste Matyko (Charles Ruhe)
11:30 am [HN] - Lawrence Weber (Sadinsky Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Paul Kuszaj (Al & Miriam Adams)
6:00 pm [HN] - Agnes Magdic & Mary Yarnell (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Michael & Florence Andrews (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass – Priests Clergy Council
8:00 am [HN] - Joseph & Agnes Sucevic (Mary Ann & family)
5:00 pm [HN] - John & Anna Adams (Bill & Mary)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ramon Jakub (Dave & Arlene Fath)
11:30 am [HN] - Victoria Abbatangelo (Kathy Kuszaj & Jan Kunz)
Nov 23 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Madison Deacon & Katrina Janusek
Nov 24 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Maura Brennan & Justin Molanick
Nov 24 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Shane Kuszaj & Owen Provident
Congratulations to the family of Corrah Thomas Ross, who was baptized into God’s family this weekend.
MORE PRAYERS FOR FR. DENNIS
Just before ALL the weekend Masses, whoever wishes “to do what we do best (pray)” is invited to participate in the praying of the St. Jude novena for the complete recovery of Fr. Dennis. The novena will run for the customary 9 weeks of praying, ending Sunday, December 29th. The novena is very brief, but very powerful. Please arrive at church at least 10 minutes early for the start of the novena. Although our focus is on Fr. Dennis, anyone who has an impossible situation can write their request on a card and give to Ray Judy or Paul Ruhl before the novena starts and your intention will be read aloud during the petition part of the novena.
THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Breakfast Buffet” on Sunday, December 1st (Thanksgiving weekend) from 9 am – 1:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef with biscuits, home fries, French toast, fruit, rolls, juice. Donation: Adults - $7.00, Children (12 & under – first child - $4.00, other family children eat free. All proceeds benefit the Caring Ministry.
- Volunteers: we need help that morning. If you can help call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or Terry Fuller (412-466-42230 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who work during the week, can help at this event.
- Donation: If you would like to make a donation to defray costs, mail it to the rectory or drop in the collection.
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
The Christian Mothers will meet Tuesday, November 19. Rosary will be prayed at 5:45 pm followed by Mass at 6:00 pm and Installation of New Members in [HN] Church. The West Mifflin High School Chamber Strings will perform in the hall at 7:00 pm. A social will follow. Anyone is welcome to come see this performance.
Welcome New Members: Mary Beth Denne, Barbara Spangler, Ethel Crunkleton, Lisa Marasco, Sue Poljak.
STITCHES OF LOVE - KNITTING/CROCHET GROUP NEWS
This group has made “lap afghans” for all the individuals listed on our Advent Elderly Reachout List for both parishes. They have been packaged and are ready for distribution. We are enlisting family members to help us distribute these Christmas gifts, especially to loved ones out of the area. Please contact Pat Schorr (412-675-0169) or Kathy Hilley (412-466-5084) to make arrangements for pickup. God Bless You & Happy Holidays from “Stitches of Love.”
CHRISTMAST POINSETTIA SALE
In conjunction with the Buffet Breakfast, we will be having a “Christmas Poinsettia Sale” in the Holy Name Hall. Flowers will be available for sale Saturday, November 30 after Mass. They will come in red, white and pink colors for $8.00. They are multi-bloom 6 inch pots. You can pre – order yours by calling Joe Stewart at (412-751-9314) or (412-889-9530).
STOCKING STUFFER "HOLIDAY RAFFLE"
Once again, this year we will be having our “Holiday Raffle.” Tickets are being mailed out this week. We are asking everyone to buy at least 2 tickets. It will begin Dec. 25, 2013 and run thru Jan. 25, 2014. $100.00 winner each day based on the 3-digit PA. Lottery evening number. Because of the large number of parishioners at Christ the Light of the World, we are running 2 colored tickets, so everyone get the chance to participate. There may be 2 winners each day, if everyone participate. These fundraisers are one of the ways we keep our parishes going, so hopefully everyone is on board with sharing this responsibility.
CHRISTMAS SEAL DISTRIBUTION
This weekend, Nov. 16/17, the Knight of Columbus will be passing out Christmas seals. The proceeds from this go to St. Anthony Inclusive Education Programs and McGuire Home.
SEVERAL THANK YOU'S
- I want to say “Thank You” to the members of Christ the Light of the World & St. Joseph Parishes for all of your support, encouragement and especially for your prayers along my vocational journey and particularly as I was ordained to the diaconate last month in Buffalo, NY. I am grateful to God for His gift of you in my life. I have been so blessed in being part of the friendly, caring and Spirit filled hometown experience of Duquesne throughout my years. I know that whenever I return to the area, my faith family is there for me. And I anticipate with much joy the times that we can experience up to and beyond priesthood ordination June 7, 2014. I also look forward to the future moments when we can continue together to celebrate and share in God’s love and life.... John Adams
- On behalf of chefs Ray & Bill, we would like to thank everyone who made the Veterans Day Chicken Dinner a wonderful and huge success. Almost 200 people enjoyed a delicious dinner. We had 30 veterans as our guests. The 25 volunteer workers did a fantastic job making this event a fun-filled, friendly social event. Mark your calendars: We are planning another on Saturday, Feb. 15 –Valentines Day weekend – “Because we love you.” We are planning something sweet for all you sweethearts.
- Thanks to all the CCD students who made or distributed “Rainbow Loom Bracelets” for a great cause. They received $822.30 in donations to help feed the hungry.
- Thanks to all those who keep up what’s going on in our parish via the website “Facebook Page.” We had 5,000 visits last week.
Malachi 3: 19 - 20 2 Thes. 3: 7 - 12 Lk. 21: 9 - 15
$ 4,834.50 - November 10, 2013 Offertory
$ 459.00 - Military Services Collection (split between both parishes)
$ 848.32 - Fried Chicken Dinner Profit (Veteran's served free)
$ 822.30 - Rainbow Loom Bracelets Donations (to Feed the Hungry)
$ 100.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)
THIS WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
This week's second envelope will be for retired religious nuns, brothers and priests.