5:00 pm [HN] - Joseph & Angeline Ponist (Mary Rucks)
9:00 am [SJ] - Judy Adams (Joe & Cel Hlad)
11:30 am [HN] - Family & Friends of Jack & Darlene Santone
12:00 pm [HN] - (M/M Joseph Tkach)
12:00 pm [HN] - (Helen Ando)
12:00 pm [HN] - (Norb Terza Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - (Tom & Linda Stetz)
8:00 am [HN] - John Koller (family)
5:00 pm [HN] - Dec’d of Cy & Agnes Denne Family (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mary Fleming (Rita & John Lonzo)
11:30 am [HN] - Steve Palko (family)
Feb 2 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Madison Deacon & Alexandra Ernst
Feb 3 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Zack Denne & Justin Molanick
Feb 3 - Saturday - 11:30 am - Jamie Barca & Owen Provident
BEING CHRIST FOR OTHERS
Throughout the Diocese, our parishes in Duquesne are known for our outreach and the genuine unconditional care and help we give to those in need. Recently, I have been made aware of a young family from our parish with two young children. The parents are 30 years old, the children are 5 years old and 8 months old. The father over Thanksgiving was diagnosed with a very aggressive and severe case of leukemia which will require 2 years of chemotherapy. He has been terminated from his job at a hospital where he worked. They have no short term or long term disability. I have decided we will do what we do best – reach out and help where we can. I have received their permission to tell their story. I recently met with a core group of their close friends to begin setting the stage for the many ways we might respond. I have scheduled a meeting on Monday, January 28 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall for anyone who might be interested in getting involved to help. We are looking at having a “kickoff benefit” as well as using our social media tools (i.e. facebook, parish website, etc) to get the word out to help this family and have them know they do not have to carry this burden alone and we as their parish family care about them and will not abandon them.
HOLIDAY RAFFLE WINNERS
Jan. 17 - #196 – Patrick McManus; Jan. 18 – #231 – unreturned; Jan. 19 - #865 – unreturned; Jan. 20 - #352 – unreturned; Jan. 21 - #363 – Sandi Karlovski; Jan. 22 - #150 – Melanie Baker; Jan. 23 - #499 – Mike Deak.
LENT - ASH WEDNESDAY - IN 30 DAYS
On Monday evening, 20 people from both parishes attended a very energetic, enthusiastic, and positive planning meeting to plan and detail the Fish Fry for Ash Wednesday. Lots of new and creative suggestions were presented and adopted to help make the dining experience for our guests more enjoyable. We have some more volunteering areas to be filled, so please read below and help out where you feel most comfortable.
- Time Change: we will be staying open until 7:00 pm, in order to give the working people the opportunity to attend the 6 pm liturgical service and get dinner afterwards.
- Servers: we need people to serve our guests. If you can come all day or for a few hours, give Tony Chepanoske (412-469-0845.) He will be organizing the server teams. You may email also. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Night Before Helpers: help is needed the night before, Feb 12 at 6:30 pm to prepare, set-up and get ready. If you can come for a while, give Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) a call.
- Clean up Crew: Dave Pribish will be heading up a cleanup crew that evening. Giving a couple of hours that evening will be a big help. This is a good opportunity for people who work to participate. Call Dave (412-726-0415.)
- We Deliver: We will be delivering orders to places of business, companies, stores. Just give us a call at 412-466-8960.
PARENTS PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECONCILIATION & COMMUNION
There will be a preparation meeting for all parents whose children will be receiving the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist in the Spring. The meeting will be held on Sunday, February 3 in the Holy Name Hall at 12:30 pm. Parents should attend 11:30 am Mass with their children and then proceed to the hall for a snack. The children will be taken to the CCD center for an activity, while Nancy Lesko (the children’s CCD teacher) will go over the guidelines and responsibilities that is expected of the parents in preparing the children for the Sacraments. Activity books and guideline preparation sheets will be distributed at that time. The meeting should last about 1 hour.
SUPER BOWL HOAGIE SALE
Despite a “Steelerless Super Bowl,” we will be having our annual Super Bowl Homemade Hoagie Sale on the weekend of February 2/3. We will be selling them Saturday morning in the Holy Name Hall from 9:30 am – 11:00 am and before and after all the weekend Masses. They are $5.00 each, which is a great value for the price.
- Volunteers: we need about 30 people to help and keep the time commitment to 3 hours beginning at 8 am on Feb. 2. Stop down and become part of the social, beneficial and friendly happening.
- Buyers and Sellers: take a sign up sheet to work and get some orders. Deliver them fresh on Monday morning.
- Orders: if you would like to place an order, call the rectory so we can have it ready for you.
YEARLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
We are now ready to begin preparing the “Yearly Financial Statements” for your monetary contributions to the church during the year 2012. To request yours, you may call the parish office (412-469-0196 – during the week) or email your request at email@example.com. They will be mailed to you the Friday after you make your request.
The Knights of Columbus #4210 are sponsoring an “Oldies Dance” on Saturday, February 9 in the council home on Pennsylvania Ave., West Mifflin. Dance to the music of Dr. Luv. BYOB. Bring your own snacks. Donation is $8.00 person or $10.00 a couple. For reservations call Dave (412-672-2222) or Matt (724-863-2211.)
Neh. 8: 2 - 10 1 Cor. 12: 12 – 30 Lk.1: 1- 4; 4: 14 - 21
$ 4,171.00 - January 13, 2013 Offertory
$ 562.10 - St. Anthony & Depaul Institute
$ 110.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)
The second envelope next Sunday will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.