5:00 pm [HN] - Sophie Sporio Parnham (Tina Pirollo)
8:30 am [SH] - Louise Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Sylvia, Conrad & Ricky Kolar (Kolar Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joseph Domer (Laura Link)
12:00 pm [SH] - Barry Laurnavich (Rosemarie Salopek)
8:00 am [HN] - Fred Barker (M/M Jim Senato)
12:00 pm [SH] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Edward & Thelma Wisbar (Daveen & Shaun McLaughlin)
8:30 am [SH] - Bo & Gert Kollar (nieces)
10:00 am [HN] - Judy Adams (Marianne Genes)
Aug 4 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Kellee Judy & Madison Lapp
Aug 5 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Maura Brennan & Tyler Gedman
I Corey Sokoloski (North Dakota) & Brittany Rock (CLW)
Congratulations to the families of Parker Roman Ebbett, David Michael Tutera and Brooklyn Rose Chavis, who were baptized into God’s family this week.
DEFIBULATORS NEEDED & WANTED
A few weeks ago, one of our elderly parishioners took ill during the 10 am Sunday Mass. When the “911” call was made the responder asked, “Do you have a defibulator?” The caller and nurse from the parish did not know. Upon further discussion, I had some concerns and questions. Who administers it? Are we liable, if a death occurs? Is training necessary? What if someone has a pacemaker? Having these satisfactorily answered – We are covered by the “Good Samaritan Act,” training can be provided, more churches are sued for not having them available. We will now begin the process of acquiring them. We need 5 defibulators (HN, SH, SJ churches and HN & SH halls.) Each one costs $1,200.00.
- I have asked the Christian Mothers and Men’s Club to purchase one. I am waiting for them to respond.
- If anyone works for a company or firm that would like to donate one or if anyone would like to donate one personally give Fr. Dennis a call. When we make the purchases, we are going to ask the company to donate one also.
- Helene Brown, parishioner and nurse has volunteered to set up the training sessions, be the contact for the purchasing, etc. If anyone knows of a trainer, give her a call if you would like to help (412- 461-3178.)
- We would like to thank the parishioner who wishes to remain anonymous for a $1,000.00 donation made to the parish this week
- Thanks to the 3 people who donated refrigerators. We need all of them to keep up with the demands of the parish.
ONLINE CCD REGISTRATION - BEGINS NEXT WEEK
For those families who wish, we will have “Online Registration from Aug. 6 thru Sept. 3.” In person registration for those who don’t, won’t or can’t register online will be held Sunday, Sept. 9. Online Registration is simple, quick and easy. 1) Go to our website www.christthelightoftheworld.org. 2) Click on the link to go to the registration form. 3) After the form is submitted, you will get an automated message confirming your registration. 4) You will be invited to also download the yearly CCD schedule from our website.
CHILDREN'S BOOKS FOR SALE
Fr. Jack Nanz (my substitute priest when I am away) is the author of a series of books for children entitled, “Stories for Children of All Ages – Song of a Troubadour and Rainbows on the Wall” I have invited him to make them available to our parishioners the next 2 two weekends in August when he is here in Duquesne. Donation is $10.00 a book.
MOBSTERS, MOLLS AND MARINARA
We would like to inform you that we are going to offer a brand new and exciting evening for our parishioners and friends. On Saturday evening, September 22nd in the Holy Name Hall, we will be having “Dinner Theater.” This mystery dinner theater will include: dinner and an interactive mystery theater done by a professional company. You will be welcomed to Vinnie V’s joint, where the hooch is flowing, the flappers are friendly, and murder is on the menu. Dinner will begin at 6:30 pm. BYOB. Donation - $25.00 per person. Only 100 tickets being sold. Mark this date on your calendars. We will begin taking reservations August 1.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
- The next training for all people who volunteer in the parish and have not completed their child abuse clearance and seminar will be held on Saturday, September 15 from 9 am – 12:00 noon in Holy Name Church. You can call the rectory to register for this class.
- Diocesan Abuse Response Number: We offer assistance with counseling, spiritual direction and referrals to other supportive services. For information call: 412-456-3060 or 1-888-808-1235.
“Living Our Faith in a World of Change” is this year’s theme of our scheduled Men’s Retreat at St. Paul Monestary, South Side, Pgh. on September 14, 15, 16. Whether you are a father, grandfather, married, single and whatever level of faith or spiritual needs you are at, come direct your thoughts and energy towards fostering a stronger relationship with God, family, friends and co-workers. For information, call Paul Ruhl (412-466-2635) or email@example.com.
GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
The Diocese of Pittsburgh is planning it’s annual Golden Wedding Anniversary Celebration for couples celebrating 50 years of marriage. It will be held at St. Paul Cathedral on October 21, 2012 at 2:30 pm. If you would like to receive an invitation to this event, call the rectory or drop your name in the collection basket by August 5, 2012.
PRAYING FOR VOCATIONS
The Holy Name Society of Corpus Christi Parish, McKeesport is sponsoring a Holy Hour for vocations on Friday, August 3, 2012 at 2515 Versailles Ave., McKeesport, at 7:00 pm. We will be praying for those discerning their calling to religious life, priesthood, married life, or the single life. We will pray before the Blessed Sacrament in song and with evening prayer. This Holy Hour is open to all, and we encourage you to invite family and friends. The church doors will open a half hour before the Holy Hour begins.
2 Kgs. 4: 42 - 44 Ephs. 4: 1 - 6 Jn. 6: 1- 15
$ 4,247.05 - July 22, 2012 Offertory
$ 330.00 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 150.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Replacement Donations (so far, $18,686.00)
$ 280.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.