5:00 pm [HN] - Martha Madar (Ann Stipetic)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of Hall & Sakson Fams. (Bob & DoDo)
10:00 am [HN] - Ramon Jakub (Al & Miriam Adams)
12:00 pm [HN] - John & Teresa Ragan (Bill & Mary Adams)
12:00 pm [SH] - Bob Westerlund (wife, Martha)
8:00 am [HN] - Elizabeth Vasencki (Beth McBride)
12:00 pm [SH] - Arthur Eicholtz Jr. (mother, Anna Mae)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Frank Minnick (Mary Jo, Bill & Tom)
8:30 am [SH] - Barbara Melnichak (Elaine Opatick)
10:00 am [HN] - Deceased of the Missaggio & Knoll Fams. (Rudy & Jean)
July 7 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Faith & Frank Provance
July 8 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Madison Deacon & Trey Manspeaker
SACRAMENT OF THE ANOINTING OF THE SICK
On the weekend of July 7/8, we will celebrate the “Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick” after the 5:00 pm, Saturday evening Mass and the 10:00 am, Sunday morning Mass. This sacrament is for those who are sick, aged, infirmed in anyway. We pray for and ask God’s healing blessings for strength for all those who feel they need it. We believe in spiritual, psychological, emotional healing as well as physical healing if He so wills.
We would like to welcome Lorraine Brekosky and her children, Hayley & Jeremy, who have come to join our parish this week.
Congratulations to the families of Ethan Thomas Carpenter, Addison Kathleen Walter and Michael James Stephens, who are baptized into God’s family this weekend.
II Lance Burgert (South Park) & Kirstyn Kameg (CLW)
I James Johncock (Virginia) & Jamie Royak (CLW)
2 for 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THRU JUNE
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $159,685.00 HE GAVE: $319,470.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $479,155.00
WE GAVE: $ 3.055.00 HE GAVE: $6,110.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $9,165.00
WE GAVE: $162,740.00 HE GAVE: $325,580.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $488,320.00
Remember, this challenge has been extended until December 31, 2012. All donations are free of Diocesan tax.
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
- Event: This event will be held on July 6, 7, 9 (Friday, Saturday, Monday) from 8 am – 2 pm in the HN Hall. We will have everything imaginable, including furniture, appliances, household items, etc. You will be able to furnish an apartment or house with all the donations.
- Bring in your items: Drop off times: Weekdays (Monday thru Friday – 9 am – 12 noon) and Weekends (Saturdays – 9 – 12 noon, before and after Saturday evening Mass and Sunday mornings before or after 10 am Mass. Tuesday, July 3 will be the last day to make donations. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TIRES, PLANTS AND COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
- Volunteers: We need volunteers to help the days of the sale. If you can help, one or all the days give us a call at the rectory. Outdoor Sale Volunteers: Fr. Dennis takes charge of the outside sales. We need set up helpers, sellers and tear down helpers. We set up at 7:00 am the days of the sale and tear down around 1:30 pm. If you can help Fr. Dennis in this way, give him a call. There are lots of items to set up and your help is greatly appreciated.
- Food Items: Our menu includes: Ham Barbecue, Stuffed Cabbage, Kolbassi & Kraut, Hot Dogs, Haluski, Potato & Macaroni Salads. If you are willing to make some stuffed cabbages, or a batch of haluski, potato or macaroni salads, give Terry Fuller a call (412-466-4223.) All donations help make this event more profitable for your parish. Other donations: We could also use bun sized hot dogs, water, Pepsi or ginger ale. Drop them off anytime at your convenience or bring them to Mass on the weekend.
- Chinese Auction: Anyone wishing to donate a “new” item OR a specialty basket for the Chinese auction OR a gift card or two, please do so. You may drop them off at the rectory or at the church hall during the week or on the weekend. Make sure the name of the person donating is on the item.
- Baked Goods: We have need for baked goods for the baked goods sale. Bring them one or all 3 days. These items are in great demand from our shoppers.
- On the Lookout: This week, we received a 30 inch TV and some smaller ones. We just received a call that a house was sold and all the items in the house will be delivered in a truck and donated to the flea market.
Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish are again on the “cutting edge.” In order to meet the need of our growing CCD program and help our busy families for the first time this year beginning in August, we will be offering “online registration.” We will still be offering “in person” registration for parents who would like to come in and meet with the teachers to discuss this year’s current curriculum or any issues relating to your child. Look for the announcement in the bulletin with both types of registration dates. This is an exciting opportunity for you and us.
Dear Fr. Colamarino: On behalf of the Pittsburgh Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, I would like to thank you and the member of your parishes for supporting Komen Pittsburgh at the 6th annual “Our Healing Touch” on April 28, 2012. We are honored to receive the most generous donation in the amount of $9,669.79. Through all your efforts, you have raised not only valuable funds, but also awareness about breast cancer, and I know you share our mission – to end breast cancer forever.
Please know that the contributions are used to support programs designed to fulfill our promise to save lives and end breast cancer by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. The Komen Pittsburgh provides free mammography screening, follow up diagnostic care and education forums in our 30 county service area in central and western Pennsylvania……………….Best regards, Kathy Purcell MSW, Executive Director
Wisdom 1: 13 - 15, 2: 23 - 24 2 Cor. 8: 7, 9, 13 -15 Mk. 5: 21 - 45
$ 3,468.75 - June 24, 2012 Offertory
$ 477.15 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 775.10 - Utilities
$ 60.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Replacement (total so far $18.376.00)
$ 115.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)