5:00 pm [HN] - Andrew & Lena Bondi & Steve Mols (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Frank Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Jason Zalice (Ed & Norma Schuelar)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ralph Troper (Mike Petrozza & family)
12:00 pm [SH] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [SH] - No Mass
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Martha Madar (Ann Stipetic)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of Hall & Sakson Fams. (Bob & DoDo)
10:00 am [HN] - Ramon Jakub (Al & Miriam Adams)
June 30 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Aaron Adams & Autumn Adams
July 1 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Brittany Davis & Justin Molanick
We would like to welcome Fr. Jack Nanz, who will be presiding at the 5:00 Saturday evening Mass this weekend. Fr. Dennis will be celebrating his nephew’s wedding this Saturday.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Angie Ponist, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
I Lance Burgert (South Park) & Kirstyn Kameg (CLW)
We would like to congratulate Deacon Lawrence Adams, who has been ordained a “transitional Deacon” on Saturday morning, June 16 at St. Paul Cathedral. A “transitional Deacon” is one who is ordained a deacon for a short period of time usually 6 months to 1 year, as he prepares to be ordained to the priesthood in service of the Church of Pittsburgh sometime next year.
Larry’s roots are here in Duquesne. He was baptized in the St. Hedwig Church of Christ the Light of the World Parish. He attended grade school in St. Agnes, West Mifflin and Serra High School. Before entering the seminary, he worked as a systems analyst. He lived in Baldwin and attended St. Germaine Parish, Bethel Park. He entered the seminary in 2008 and did his theological studies at Catholic University. His mother, Geraldine Skanderson lives in West Mifflin and his uncle and aunt, Larry and Donna Lusckay are members of Christ the Light of the World Parish.
I have invited Larry to perform his ministry here in Duquesne this weekend. The main roles of a “transitional Deacon” are to assist the priest at Liturgy, preach the Word of God, celebrate the Sacraments of Baptism and Matrimony, and to perform works of charity. Larry will be assisting and preaching at the 8:30 am & 10:00 am Masses this Sunday.
We would like to thank the family of Arthur Eicholtz Jr. who recently died and asked for memorial donations to be made to Christ the Light of the World Parish. We are grateful for their gift of $1,000.00.
GOLF OUTING THANK YOU AND RAFFLE WINNERS
We have just completed our 8th annual “Ed Capristo Memorial Joint Parish Golf Outing.” Once again it was a sold out huge success. The weather cooperating, as well as some changes that were made this year was greeted very favorably by our golfers and guests. A huge thanks is extended to golf chairman, Marty Schorr, his committee and the dozens of people who volunteered. We had golfers come from as far Columbus, Ohio and Philadelphia, Pa. and are thankful for the support we receive from our parishioners, county and local government officials, and the many businesses who participate. Without this kind of cooperation and participation, this event could not be as successful as it is.
Raffle Numbers and Winners: The winning number was 6357 (sent out/not purchased), one number below 6356 (winner – Donna Elko), one number above 6358 (sent out/not purchased.) Once we receive the outstanding invoices, we will be able to report on the profit of the outing and each parishes share.
SUMMER INDOOR/OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
- Event: This event will be held on July 6, 7, 9 (Friday, Saturday, Monday) from 8 am – 2 pm in the HN Hall. We will have everything imaginable, including furniture, appliances, household items, etc. You will be able to furnish an apartment or house with all the donations.
- Bring in your items: Drop off times: Weekdays (Monday thru Friday – 9 am – 12 noon) and Weekends (Saturdays – 9 – 12 noon, before and after Saturday evening Mass and Sunday mornings before or after 10 am Mass. Tuesday, July 3 will be the last day to make donations. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TIRES, PLANTS AND COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
- Volunteers: We need volunteers to help the days of the sale. If you can help, one or all the days give us a call at the rectory. Outdoor Sale Volunteers: Fr. Dennis takes charge of the outside sales. We need set up helpers, sellers and tear down helpers. We set up at 7:00 am the days of the sale and tear down around 1:30 pm. If you can help Fr. Dennis in this way, give him a call. There are lots of items to set up and your help is greatly appreciated.
- Food Items: Our menu includes: Ham Barbecue, Stuffed Cabbage, Kolbassi & Kraut, Hot Dogs, Haluski, Potato & Macaroni Salads. If you are willing to make some stuffed cabbages, or a batch of haluski, potato or macaroni salads, give Terry Fuller a call (412-466-4223.) All donations help make this event more profitable for your parish. Other donations: We could also use bun sized hot dogs, water, Pepsi or ginger ale. Drop them off anytime at your convenience or bring them to Mass on the weekend.
- Chinese Auction: Anyone wishing to donate a “new” item OR a specialty basket for the Chinese auction OR a gift card or two, please do so. You may drop them off at the rectory or at the church hall during the week or on the weekend. Make sure the name of the person donating is on the item.
- Baked Goods: We have need for baked goods for the baked goods sale. Bring them one or all 3 days. These items are in great demand from our shoppers.
- On the Lookout: This week, we received a 30 inch TV and some smaller ones. We just received a call that a house was sold and all the items in the house will be delivered in a truck and donated to the flea market.
Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish are again on the “cutting edge.” In order to meet the need of our growing CCD program and help our busy families for the first time this year beginning in August, we will be offering “online registration.” We will still be offering “in person” registration for parents who would like to come in and meet with the teachers to discuss this year’s current curriculum or any issues relating to your child. Look for the announcement in the bulletin with both types of registration dates. This is an exciting opportunity for you and us.
MASS OF ANOINTING
On the weekend of July 7/8, we will celebrate the “Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick” after the 5:00 pm, Saturday evening Mass and the 10:00 am, Sunday morning Mass. This sacrament is for those who are sick, aged, infirmed in anyway. We pray for and ask God’s healing blessings for strength for all those who feel they need it. We believe in spiritual, psychological, emotional healing as well as physical healing if He so wills.
Isaiah 49: 1 - 6 Acts 13: 22 - 26 Luke 1: 57 - 66
$ 3,318.00 - June 17, 2012 Offertory
$ 60.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Replacement
$ 150.00 - Love Gift Donations (6)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND COLLECTION
Next week's second collection will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.