5:00 pm [HN] John & Mary Kostley (family)
8:30 am [SH] - Randy Marciniec (Tom Kolodziej)
10:00 am [HN] - Carl Denne & John Dubyak (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [SH] - 90th Birthday – Edmund Lewandowski
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
8:00 am [SJ] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Eleanor Shroads & Bess Stipetich (Garett & Carol Shroads)
8:30 am [SH] - Dan, Ann, Danny Toboz (Larry & Donna Lusckay)
10:00 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
May 12 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Aaron & Autumn Adams
May 13 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Brittany Davis & Madison Deacon
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We welcome Anthony Zeleznik & Janice Nedin, who have joined our parish this week.
WEEKEND SUMMER SEASON MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS THIS WEEKEND MAY 5 & 6
The Summer Season Mass schedule begins this weekend of May 5/6 is as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday – 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday – 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 5/6 to August 25/26.
CONGRATULATIONS FIRST HOLY COMMUNICANTS
Congratulations to the children from our parishes who made their first Holy Communion the past 2 Saturdays. Christ the Light of the World Parish: Dominic Barca, Kiera Beerman, Falyn Carr, Abigail Bevan, Mia DeOrio, Brenna Fouser, Devlin Fouser, Dominic Gardner, Gillian Hartz, Kamryn Kameg, Russell Miller, Zachary Mezaros, Keagan Provident, Zachary Ruffing, Alexander Serenka, Nolan Stephenson, Calvin Terza, Ryan Thielet, Makenna Williams, Michael Vislosky, Cassandra Ward. St. Joseph Parish: Cullen Fleming, Kaedon Hill, Emma Kirkwood, Alexander Logue, Julianne Mayor, Emily Seeman, Bethany Yoder.
RECRUITING ALTAR SERVERS
We are in the process of recruiting altar servers to serve at our weekend Masses. Any boy or girl, 5th grade and older is invited to participate in this special ministry to serve at the altar. We will be recruiting during the summer and begin training when school starts, so that you will be ready for the Fall scheduling time frame. I hope parents encourage their children to participate. If interested, give Fr. Dennis a call.
2 for 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THRU APRIL
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $153,790.00 HE GAVE: $307,680.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $461,470.00
WE GAVE: $ 3,475.00 HE GAVE: $6,950.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $10,425.00
WE GAVE: $157,265.00 HE GAVE: $314,630.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $471,895.00
Everyone is reminded that the Diocese has given us permission to extend this challenge to December 31, 2012. We also received permission to raise $600,000.00 instead of the $500,000.00 that I originally asked for. All donations are free of Diocese tax. This challenge is such a blessing due to the fact that these old buildings need lots of attention and repairs. Without this challenge, we would probably have had to begin to address closing or selling buildings.
We are grateful to the family of Kathryn McCawley, who died recently. They donated $200.00 in her memory to the “2 for 1 Challenge.”
WOMEN'S SPIRITUAL FOCUS GROUP
This first gathering proved quite successful. Over 40 women came to participate in this exciting, new spiritual journey in hopes of gaining the insights and energy to continue to life fully alive in the Lord and for themselves and those people who are special in their life. They have decided to meet the first Wednesday of every month. It is open to all women. You owe it to yourself to be the best you can be.
April 26 - #673 (Helen Anastas); April 27 - #364 (Ed & Pat Dynoske); April 28 - #136 (CTLOTWP); April 29 - # 746 – (Loretta Rypka); April 30 - #338 – (Bethany Adams); May 1 - #288 – (Pat Bosway); May 2 - #630 – Patricia Gardner
SINGING FOR THE LORD
One of the keystones and hallmarks of our wonderful liturgies in the parishes in the City of Duquesne is our Music Ministry. Did you ever think this is something that God is calling you to be a part of or participate in? Did God bless you with a good voice or music ability? If so, then you should not keep it for yourself, since you enjoy singing and listening to the choir or the music in church. We are a fun and friendly group of men and women, who love embellishing our liturgies with music.
- Recruiting New Members: We are now recruiting new members for the choir. Whether you are an accomplished musician or one who sings in the shower, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of something wonderful – “Singing for the Lord.” No experience necessary. We need voices in ALL ranges.
- Time & Commitment: The choir rehearses on Tuesday evening from 7:30 – 9:30 pm. Come try us out at our next rehearsal on May 8. We will be beginning our work for Christmas, so now is the perfect time to join. For more information or answer your questions, contact Debbie (412-853-7354) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
MOTHER'S DAY HOAGIE SALE
The weekend of May 12/13 is Mother’s Day weekend and we are planning another homemade hoagie sale. Instead of or in addition to flowers or candy, think about giving Mom a mouthwatering gift that she will truly appreciate – “A CLW Homemade Hoagie.” You can call in your orders by calling Holy Name Rectory or pick them up before or after the weekend Masses or stop by Saturday morning from 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Volunteers: we usually have over 30 volunteers but “the more the merrier.” We want to expand our sales at some point so hopefully you will consider helping out. It usually takes about 3 hours to complete our tasks. Just come around 8 am, it is fun and you get to meet new enthusiastic people from both parishes who help out.
- Sellers: we also have had an increase of people taking “Hoagie Signup Sheets” to work and delivering them on Monday. Bring in lunch for $5.00. Once they have had ours, they soon become regular customers.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
We will be hosting this workshop for anyone who has not yet completed this requirement as well as the paperwork to acquire their necessary clearances so that they may be able to volunteer and/or work in the parishes. The workshop will be held in the Holy Name Hall on Saturday, May 19 beginning at 9:00 am.
In light of the recent allegations at Penn State, I would think that everyone would be willing to protect themselves, the parish, their pastor and most especially anyone who has been victimized. Our goal is to have everyone compliant by the end of 2012.
- How to become compliant: Fill out the necessary paperwork by picking it up at the rectory or going online. You may contact the safe environment coordinator, Colleen Whitney at email@example.com. Attend the workshop to be held on May 19, 2012. To register contact Terry Fuller firstname.lastname@example.org or call the rectory (412-469-0196.)
Acts 9: 26 - 31 1 John: 3: 18 - 24 John 15: 1 - 8
$ 4,341.00 - April 29, 2012 Offertory
$ 1,016.00 - Utilities
$ 70.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($18,136.00 total so far)
$ 65.00 - Love Gift Donations (3)