5:00 pm [HN] - Jennery Falvo (M/M Al Durica)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Helen Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - Malachi Urbini (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ted Sabolcik (Polinski Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Rose Marcic (Rosemarie Salopek)
12:00 pm [SH] - John Koller (family)
12:00 pm [SH] - Bruno Kruszka (Tillie Pastor)
8:00 am [HN] - Martha Koncz (Ann Bresnak)
5:00 pm [HN] - Albert Melnichak (Ernie & Loretta Ernst)
8:30 am [SH] - George Artim (Andy & Janet Fenus)
10:00 am [HN] - Steve Getner (Michael Pundzak)
May 26 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Kellee Judy & Madison Lapp
May 27 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Owen Provident
NEXT WEEKEND - FEAST OF PENTECOST - WEAR SOMETHING RED
The Season of Easter ends next weekend, May 26/27 with the Feast of Pentecost. As a sign that we are committed and ready to live the fullness of our faith, everyone is asked to wear something “RED” to Mass. We are alive with the Holy Spirit and on fire to proclaim the Lord as the core and strength of our life.
MEMORIAL DAY MASS AT ST. HEDWIG CEMETERY
Monday, May 28 is Memorial Day. It is our tradition to celebrate Mass at one of our 3 cemeteries on a rotating basis. This year we are scheduled at St. Hedwig Cemetery. It is located on Grant Ave. Ext. in West Mifflin. Mass will begin at 10:00 am. If it is raining, we will have Mass in St. Hedwig Church beginning at 10:30 am. You are invited to bring a chair to sit upon if you need to.
RECRUITING ALTAR SERVERS
We are in the process of recruiting altar servers to serve at our weekend Masses. Any boy or girl, 5th grade and older is invited to participate in this special ministry to serve at the altar. We will be recruiting during the summer and begin training when school starts, so that you will be ready for the Fall scheduling time frame. I hope parents encourage their children to participate. If interested, give Fr. Dennis a call.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We welcome Stacy Grebur and her son, Tyler, Elvera Lauris, and Jack and Sandra McKeever and children, Sara & Daniel who have joined our parish this week.
I & II Patrick Kerr Jr. (St. Joseph) & Lynn Lavery (Holy Trinity)
WEEKEND SUMMER SEASON MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS THIS WEEKEND MAY 5 & 6
The Summer Season Mass schedule begins this weekend of May 5/6 is as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday – 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday – 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 5/6 to August 25/26.
May 10 - #475 – (Sam Didio); May 11 - #904 – (Ryan Novak); May 12 - #587 – (Matt Legin); May 13 - #053 – (Elvira Vickovic). We would like to thank everyone who helped support this fundraising effort by buying tickets and participating in keeping your parish fiscally stable. It was a good year for winners. There were 25 winners. Our profit from this event was $4,695.00.
UPCOMING SUMMER ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Memorial Day Mass at the Cemetery: We will be having Mass at St. Hedwig Cemetery this year at 10:00 am on Monday, May 28. Please see the full announcement on the front of this bulletin.
- Free Stroke Screening: Jefferson Medical Center is sponsoring a “Free Stroke Screening” on Saturday, June 9 in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am – 1 pm for anyone 18 years old and over. No insurance required. Screening includes: Stroke Risk Survey, Total Cholesterol and HDL, Blood Sugar Level, Blood Pressure Check, Carbon Monoxide testing for smokers, Body Fat Analysis. Screening takes approximately 30 – 45 minutes to complete. Registration preferred. For information or to register call (412-460-7100.)
- Eighth Annual “Ed Capristo” Joint Parish Memorial Golf Outing: Plans are underway for our 8th annual golf outing. This week we have sent our invitations to businesses, golfers and friends of our parishes, as well as the golf outing raffle tickets to all of our parishioners. This way we can hopefully maximize our proceeds which benefit both of our parishes. The outing will be held on Monday, June 18 at the Youghigheny County Club. A flyer highlighting all the ways you can volunteer or participate is found on the flyers around the churches. Golfers should make sure you get your 4somes registered because there is only room for 120 golfers and we always sell out.
Golf Outing Raffle Tickets: Parishioners of both of our parishes who have participated previously are being sent five (5) at $2.00 each (with 2 chances to win) to buy or sell. The raffle is an “All Cash Raffle.” The winning number gets $1,000.00. The number one above gets $250.00 and the number one below gets $250.00. The winning number will be based on the 4 digit nightly number on the PA Lottery for June 18, 2012. BONUS PRIZE - $10,000.00. If one of the 3 winning tickets hits on the 4 digit nightly drawing of the PA Lottery on July 4, 2012, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize.
Extra Tickets: If you need more tickets after you receive yours, stop by Holy Name or St. Joseph rectory and we will give you as many as you need OR mail us your donation for extra tickets and we will send the extra tickets that you requested to you. We hope you will buy your tickets. These will make a great Father’s Day gift.
Other Donations: We need donations for the Specialty Basket Raffle, as well as some for the Basket of Cheer. You can drop them off at the Holy Name Rectory or give us a call and let us know you are willing to donate. All donations are greatly appreciated and help benefit both of our parishes.
- Mass of Anointing: On the weekend of July 7/8, we will celebrate the “Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick” after the 5:00 pm, Saturday evening Mass and the 10:00 am, Sunday morning Mass. This sacrament is for those who are sick, aged, infirmed in anyway. We pray for and ask God’s healing blessings for strength for all those who feel they need it. We believe in spiritual, psychological, emotional healing as well as physical healing if He so wills.
- Summer Indoor/Outdoor Flea Market: We will be having this annual event on July 7, 8 & 10 (Friday, Saturday, Monday) from 8 am – 2 pm in the Holy Name Hall. We will have everything imaginable, including furniture, appliances, household items, etc. You will be able to furnish an apartment or house with all the donations that we receive. Donations: We will begin to accept the items you wish to donate on Tuesday, June 12 from 9 am – 12 noon. Drop off times: Weekdays (Monday thru Friday – 9 am – 12 noon) and Weekends (Saturdays – 9 – 12 noon, before and after Saturday evening Mass and Sunday mornings before or after 10 am Mass. Tuesday, July 3 will be the last day to make donations.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM DONATION UPDATE
To date, we have received $16,674.00 in outright donations and pledge payments from 127 participants towards our goal of $58,628.00. This leaves us a balance of $41,954.00. We hope that everyone will do their best to help us meet this goal. If we go over our goal, we can keep the money here in the parish free from Diocesan tax.
Acts 1: 15 – 17, 20 - 26 1 John 4: 11 - 16 John 17: 11 - 19
$ 4,810.00 - May 13, 2012 Offertory
$ 30.00 - [SH] Furnace Donations Received This Week (total so far - $18,166.00)
$ 9,669.79 - Breast Cancer Awareness Benefit Profit
$ 100.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education Programs.